Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters
Im on xbox, on the west coast. My xbox says the release date is tonight at 9pm. Im thinking about taking a huge nap this afternoon.

Nice I was trying to find out what the release time is. Might skip BJJ tomorrow morning if it releases tonight. My knee is kind of fucked so I really shouldn't be going anyways but was going to try and do the best I can.

Steam just updated its unlock time. So looks like 9am tomorrow morning it unlocks. I've started the preload now.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo tempted to get this on PC or digital so I can play as early as possible. Amazon shipment says should arrive by 10pm tomorrow but hopefully will have it earlier.

Xbox preload was just ME1 with a 66 gig update for 2 and 3. No worries on my part i just finished up Eden Prime. If youre a ME fan like me, this is a great package. Looks great. Plays great so far. ME1 still shows its age but its amazing to play in 2021. Mass Effect is a GOAT.

Xbox preload was just ME1 with a 66 gig update for 2 and 3. No worries on my part i just finished up Eden Prime. If youre a ME fan like me, this is a great package. Looks great. Plays great so far. ME1 still shows its age but its amazing to play in 2021. Mass Effect is a GOAT.

What class did you play? I was thinking of running the OP Adept on Insanity right away but not gonna do that if they nerfed the ridiculousness of that whole kit.

I'm amped to play this lol

Same!!! I just got my physical copy in the mail might not be able to dump a ton of time into today but I am definitely planning on 100% achievements and just playing the shit out of it overall. And then get it on PC later too

What class did you play? I was thinking of running the OP Adept on Insanity right away but not gonna do that if they nerfed the ridiculousness of that whole kit.

Same!!! I just got my physical copy in the mail might not be able to dump a ton of time into today but I am definitely planning on 100% achievements and just playing the shit out of it overall. And then get it on PC later too
Renegade, Femshep, soldier on insanity. Thats my personal sweet spot for ME and since this is my first run on legendary thats what i gotta do.

Man ME1 looks so much better. This is just on my walmart brand 1080p TV with no HDR. After work I'll move downstairs to my 4K HDR TV and it'll look even better. I'm just playing on hardcore right now but looks like there no difficulty achievements so it doesn't matter. I'll move to insanity if things get to easy.

For any xbox sherbrahs, I'm on an xbox one x and favored quality runs much better than favored frame rates...at least in the citadel.

Looking forward to hearing more as you guys play through. I'm in the middle of another game right now so it'll be a little while until I get to it.

On vacation this week but I can't wait to get back and play this

I've never played any of these games. Strongly debating getting this but I may wait until a sale. Same with Returnal..... or I might randomly cave and grab one this weekend if I finish Persona.

I've never played any of these games. Strongly debating getting this but I may wait until a sale. Same with Returnal..... or I might randomly cave and grab one this weekend if I finish Persona.

I've been watching a playthrough of ME1 on PS5 and seriously impressed with what I've seen so far.

I'm still waiting for reviews of the entire trilogy, but I'm suspecting if everything is as advertised this may be the best remastered experience in gaming history.

And this is the only trilogy in which your character's choices from the 1st game are carried over to the 2nd, and the 3rd, but actually getting them to do it on the PC and PS3/XB360 was kinda tricky so only a small fraction of players actually did it for all three games. This remastering streamlines that process.

If you have a PS5 or XBX, I'd strongly consider picking this up.

One thing I'm interested to hear about.... I read that they were going to eliminate the long elevator rides from ME 1.

Obviously these were essentially just loading screens, but I always enjoyed them due to the party banter, or the news radio snippets that would play. These really added some additional color to the world, IMO. I have to think that they still retained these things in some capacity.

One thing I'm interested to hear about.... I read that they were going to eliminate the long elevator rides from ME 1.

Obviously these were essentially just loading screens, but I always enjoyed them due to the party banter, or the news radio snippets that would play. These really added some additional color to the world, IMO. I have to think that they still retained these things in some capacity.
The rides are shorter but all the banter is still there. They added a skip button if you want to leave the elevator but the banter is still going. Your choice but the rides are shorter regarless.

Sounds like the reviews are solid for the game. Nothing spectacular but most of what you’d expect from a remaster. Also Newegg has a promo for Xbox.

Man, I forgot how awful ME1 feels. I remembered that it was bad, just not this bad. There's no visual feedback on hits, and Shepherd's animations are all so bizarre.

It does look nicer, but I'm sorely tempted to just start at the sequel. Still, if I'm going to replay the game at all it might as well be now. It's the only game of the three that I've only played once.

Back