Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Announced (Release date May 14)

Favorite game in the trilogy

• Total voters

Thought this was pretty hilarious.

Summary : Chris Helper was a writer for ME3 and when answering questions about the ending and basically saying "it was a cluster fuck," he was also asked about the indoctrination theory and he straight up says "We weren't that smart."

I literally LOLed.

Summary : Chris Helper was a writer for ME3 and when answering questions about the ending and basically saying "it was a cluster fuck," he was also asked about the indoctrination theory and he straight up says "We weren't that smart."

I literally LOLed.

The indoctrination theory was always one of those things that I knew people just created themselves. This is my favorite series but people were getting to deep with it. It's still a video game.

The indoctrination theory was always one of those things that I knew people just created themselves. This is my favorite series but people were getting to deep with it. It's still a video game.

Its still amazing Bioware fucked up the ending so badly they accidently created an entirely valid fan theory which is amazingly in-depth.

I mean, this definition of indoctrination was in the original Mass Effect for Christ's sake.

Reaper ‘indoctrination’ is an insidious means of corrupting organic minds, ‘reprogramming’ the brain through physical and psychological conditioning using electromagnetic fields, infrasonic and ultrasonic noise, and other subliminal methods. The Reaper's resulting control over the limbic system leaves the victim highly susceptible to its suggestions.” -- Codex entry on indoctrination

I've always thought IF Bioware ever wanted to continue the storyline into Mass Effect 4 using the indoctrination theory there were many options for how it could be done.

Its still amazing Bioware fucked up the ending so badly they accidently created an entirely valid fan theory which is amazingly in-depth.

I mean, this definition of indoctrination was in the original Mass Effect for Christ's sake.

Reaper ‘indoctrination’ is an insidious means of corrupting organic minds, ‘reprogramming’ the brain through physical and psychological conditioning using electromagnetic fields, infrasonic and ultrasonic noise, and other subliminal methods. The Reaper's resulting control over the limbic system leaves the victim highly susceptible to its suggestions.” -- Codex entry on indoctrination

I've always thought IF Bioware ever wanted to continue the storyline into Mass Effect 4 using the indoctrination theory there were many options for how it could be done.

I always hated the theory cause I wanted shepherd to win. I like the idea of the reapers finally losing and realizing that regardless of what they think of biological\AI relationships Shepherd proved that they were no longer effective at carrying out their task. The universe would now progress down it's own path.

That's why I'm hoping for ME4 it's set over 1,0000 year into the future and what we saw wasn't Liara but Liara's daughter or Liara's race has found way to extend their life beyond 1,000 years. I'm cool with either one. What they do from there I'll let them decide but that's what I want to see.

I always hated the theory cause I wanted shepherd to win. I like the idea of the reapers finally losing and realizing that regardless of what they think of biological\AI relationships Shepherd proved that they were no longer effective at carrying out their task. The universe would now progress down it's own path.

Its still better than the endings we got.

That's why I'm hoping for ME4 it's set over 1,0000 year into the future and what we saw wasn't Liara but Liara's daughter or Liara's race has found way to extend their life beyond 1,000 years. I'm cool with either one. What they do from there I'll let them decide but that's what I want to see.

Based on all of the games Bioware has released since ME2, its best to not get your hopes up too high.

Bioware is only Bioware in name only now.

EA is a fucking cancer.

Its still better than the endings we got.

Based on all of the games Bioware has released since ME2, its best to not get your hopes up too high.

Bioware is only Bioware in name only now.

EA is a fucking cancer.

Yea believe me I don't have my hopes to high for ME4. I enjoyed Andromeda though and thought the combat was great. The story was just kind of boring and pretty much a repeat of ME2. I'm not as down on Bioware as everyone else is. They aren't at their peak anymore but I've still enjoyed the stuff they put out just not as much as I used to.

Except for that Destiny copy game they put out that shit was stupid.

I literally LOLed.

I actually really liked parts of the indoctrination theory. Since it was fanmade I knew there was no way Bioware would roll with it and after all the backlash Bioware got you'd think they would further explain the endings if there was anything we weren't really "getting" out of it.

Prereq specs announced. The minimum specs are pleasingly modest. They're almost identical to what the latest ALOT/MEIUTUM2 mods demand for the series. However, it's also encouraging that the Recommended specs are much more aggressive. As you'd expect with a retro remaster, they're relatively more burdensome on the CPU than the GPU, but even today the GTX 1070 is no potato:
https://www.game-debate.com/news/30...rements-revealed-and-theyre-not-too-demanding

Mass Effect Legendary Edition minimum system requirements

Mass Effect Legendary Edition recommended system requirements

Details on QoL improvements and stuff, a lot of ME1 improvements which should be good since that's the most archaic feeling out of the trilogy

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effec...&utm_medium=social&cid=68229&ts=1617735599397

Here's a snippet of ME1 improvements:

• Shepard can now sprint out of combat
  • Melee attacks are now mapped to a button press rather than automatically occurring based on proximity to an enemy
  • Weapon accuracy and handling has been significantly improved
    • Reticle bloom is more controlled
    • Weapon sway removed from sniper rifles
    • Aiming down sights/”tight aim” camera view has been improved
    • Improved aim assist for target acquisition
  • All relevant enemies now take headshot damage in the first game
    • Previously some did not, including humanoid enemies
  • Ammo mods (Anti-Organic, Anti-Synthetic, etc.) can now drop throughout the whole game
    • Previously, these stopped dropping at higher player levels
    • They are now also available to purchase from merchants
  • All weapons can be used by any class without penalty
    • Specializations (the ability to train/upgrade certain weapons) are still class-specific
  • Weapons cool down much faster
  • Medi-gel usage has been improved
    • Base cooldown reduced
    • Levelling benefits increased
    • Increased Liara’s bonus to cooldowns
  • Inventory management improvements
    • Items can now be flagged as “Junk”
    • All Junk items can be converted into Omni-gel or sold to merchants at once
    • Inventory and stores now have sorting functionality
  • Some abilities have been rebalanced
  • Weapon powers (i.e., those that are unlocked on each weapon type’s skill tree) have been improved:
    • Effectiveness/strength is increased (duration reduced in some cases)
    • Heat now resets on power activation

Patiently waiting to start a new Shep.

Big news posted about the Legendary Edition's framerate & resolutions yesterday, and I'm surprised I'm the first to bump this thread.

The good is great for those who have a XBX, 'Meh' if you have a PS5, and disappointing for those who were hoping to buy it for the old consoles.

Great News - "Xbox Series X: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 120fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate."

'Meh' News - "PS5 : Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate."

Disappointing News - "PlayStation 4: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate
PlayStation 4 Pro: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate

And its the same for the Xbox One & One X.

Pretty weak shit right here, especially when you keep in mind they're saying 'Upto' and not 'Locked At.'

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-e...irms-120fps-on-xbox-series-x-and-60fps-on-ps5

I've been looking forward to playing this on my PS4Pro, but it looks like I'll be waiting until I buy a XBX.

Big news posted about the Legendary Edition's framerate & resolutions yesterday, and I'm surprised I'm the first to bump this thread.

The good is great for those who have a XBX, 'Meh' if you have a PS5, and disappointing for those who were hoping to buy it for the old consoles.

Great News - "Xbox Series X: Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 120fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate."

'Meh' News - "PS5 : Up to 60fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate."

Disappointing News - "PlayStation 4: Up to 30fps at 1080p in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1080p in Favor Framerate
PlayStation 4 Pro: Up to 30fps at 4K in Favor Quality, Up to 60fps at 1440p in Favor Framerate

And its the same for the Xbox One & One X.

Pretty weak shit right here, especially when you keep in mind they're saying 'Upto' and not 'Locked At.'

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-e...irms-120fps-on-xbox-series-x-and-60fps-on-ps5

I've been looking forward to playing this on my PS4Pro, but it looks like I'll be waiting until I buy a XBX.
Unless the 60fps at 4k is unstable (which would be inexcusable), why even bother to give a 1440p/60fps option to PS5 players?

Unless the 60fps at 4k is unstable (which would be inexcusable), why even bother to give a 1440p/60fps option to PS5 players?

The 'Up To' guarantees its going to be unstable, but the question is how unstable. Will it be mostly 35-50 FPS during gameplay and only 60 FPS during cutscenes? Guess we'll find out.

And I know the XBX is more powerful than the PS5, but is it so wide of a margin that the XBX can do 120 FPS at 1440P while the PS5 can only do 60FPS at 1440P?

Keep in mind these are PS3/XB360 games from a decade ago with better textures. Is it so hard on the XB1 and PS4 to not do better than what EA says they can do here?

And WTF is 'Favor Framerate' and 'Favor Quality?'

Something doesn't smell right.

Everyone that preordered the game, this is a much much bigger red flag than the overblown 'Miranda's Butt' controversy. Cancel those preorders and wait for reviews. This could be one of the many recent examples of a billion-dollar company fucking up a remaster.

Oh, forgot to tag @Madmick.

Have you heard of 'Favor Framerate' and 'Favor Quality' before?

Edit - Nevermind, I should have read the IGN article all the way through.

"Now we know exactly how the Legendary Edition will run on next-gen consoles, both in the game's "Favor Quality" mode and the "Favor Framerate"

The 'Up To' guarantees its going to be unstable, but the question is how unstable. Will it be mostly 35-50 FPS during gameplay and only 60 FPS during cutscenes? Guess we'll find out.

And I know the XBX is more powerful than the PS5, but is it so wide of a margin that the XBX can do 120 FPS at 1440P while the PS5 can only do 60FPS at 1440P?

Keep in mind these are PS3/XB360 games from a decade ago with better textures. Is it so hard on the XB1 and PS4 to not do better than what EA says they can do here?

Everyone that preordered the game, this is a much much bigger red flag than the overblown 'Miranda's Butt' controversy. Cancel those preorders and wait for reviews. This could be one of the many recent examples of a billion-dollar company fucking up a remaster.
The PS5 still hasn't patched in VRR support, so that could be one reason for the big difference between the two.

I'm gonna stick with PC if I get it again anyway. Other considerations aside, I just can't give up using a mouse for aiming and inventory management.

From what I understand this game isn't a native ps5 game and runs in backwards compatibility mode. That's why it can only go up to 60 fps. It's a ps4 limitation.

Edit:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-court-for-ps4-games-running-at-120fps-on-ps5

Back