Relationship Married bros: What's in a name?

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
The woman taking the man's surname in marriage, thing of the past or no?

As paternalistic and anachronistic as it is, it was pretty important my kids had my surname, my son is the last male line of a strong family that achieved a lot and is proud of it. I would have been offended too if my wife hadn't wanted my name, it would have felt like she was rejecting a part of me, not going all in. I wouldn't have put my foot down or anything, but it was a big deal to me and not to my wife as she had changed her surname. It gave her the opportunity to remove a snub to her family that she'd reconnected with and become part of a much bigger family with me.

What's in a name?

To me, a lot. I don't believe you can change who you are by changing your name, it is what it is and you should deal with it. Yes women have to change their name but they basically ARE the family so it's more of an invited take over than any paternalistic domination. They make a sacrifice to become all that is important to the male they marry. We all know they run the show and always have.

Married life is about the balance between the relationship of husband and wife as well as how they raise their family.

Wife changing their name is an important part of that, in my opinion.

I don't agree with your last part regarding one person "running the show" though.

As paternalistic and anachronistic as it is, it was pretty important my kids had my surname, my son is the last male line of a strong family that achieved a lot and is proud of it. I would have been offended too if my wife hadn't wanted my name, it would have felt like she was rejecting a part of me, not going all in. I wouldn't have put my foot down or anything, but it was a big deal to me and not to my wife as she had changed her surname. It gave her the opportunity to remove a snub to her family that she'd reconnected with and become part of a much bigger family with me.

What's in a name?

To me, a lot. I don't believe you can change who you are by changing your name, it is what it is and you should deal with it. Yes women have to change their name but they basically ARE the family so it's more of an invited take over than any paternalistic domination. They make a sacrifice to become all that is important to the male they marry. We all know they run the show and always have.
Cuck

Taking your name or keeping their fathers... I don't see why they would be so keen on the latter really.

It’s less common these days and if someone chooses not to take their husbands last name that’s between them. Whatever works for you. I was engaged and as illogical as it may seem to some had she not being willing to take my family name I’d have called it off.

I don't think that was ever a thing in Western Europe. These days you can decide which surname to give your kids. My kids have my last name but I wouldn't be bothered if they had my wife's.

Names in general are a thing of the past….so yea, the wedding name thing is as well..

What's in a name?

LOL at a man taking his wife's name. But everyone is gender confused in the English speaking world anyways.

Wife didn't take mine official as it translates badly where she is from and I didn't really care.
I used to work at a bank, almost weekly I'd speak to a woman trying to get her last name changed, all said it sucked, badly.

Kids have my name. I never really even thought of that as a decision.

Wife didn't take mine official as it translates badly where she is from and I didn't really care.
I used to work at a bank, almost weekly I'd speak to a woman trying to get her last name changed, all said it sucked, badly.

Obvious where are you from bro

Is it hitler?

What's in a name?

I think plebs will simp.

Modern women wearing a white dress is hilarious. <Lmaoo>

If the tradition of marriage is so important yet modern women don't want your name, it's very telling red flag.

You can guess by the number of posters here who married last grade women that they are also last grade in the pecking order.

<Moves>

Modern women are for the streets in aggregate. I laugh hearing about how she doesn't want their last name but white dress and she doesn't want kids. Isn't traditional but let's get married? <Lmaoo>

The only thing more pathetic are the cuckolds and simps that marry that.

GlassCaseofEmotion.gif

Back