Marlon Moraes' Last Fight On Contract This Weekend

I think he'll resign with WSOF. He's one of their bigger names. Cant wait to see him beast Saturday night.

I think he'll resign with WSOF. He's one of their bigger names. Cant wait to see him beast Saturday night.

He has already said he is ready for the UFC after his contract, WSOF can have another tournament for a new champion, will help build a new star(s) also

I dont know, he makes like 80/80 in WSOF, no way UFC pays him that much.

He's from WSOF, is a BW, isnt a name and has never beaten anyone close to a top fighter.

UFC gave LW champ who has beaten legit fighters WIll Brooks 50/50 so no way they give Moares more than that.

So either he's willing to take a pay cut or WSOF decides they cant pay him that much anymore so he goes to UFC for less money.

But WSOF might be able to pay a few champs like Justin, Moraes and Branch money like that to keep them, nobody else in WSOF makes close to that.

They have to overpay to keep him! I think he is UFC bound

I would love to see him in UFC. I can see why he'd want to stay. Gets paid well over there. Would probably take a pay cut.

But he's only going to make so much there. And you got to think he wants more credit for what he does. Hardly anyone even knows he's fighting this week.

He's been great. Hope he makes the move. I'd have him top 15 right away. Fight with a Wineland right off the bat would be fun.

He's from WSOF, is a BW, isnt a name and has never beaten anyone close to a top fighter.

UFC gave LW champ who has beaten legit fighters WIll Brooks 50/50 so no way they give Moares more than that.

So either he's willing to take a pay cut or WSOF decides they cant pay him that much anymore so he goes to UFC for less money.

But WSOF might be able to pay a few champs like Justin, Moraes and Branch money like that to keep them, nobody else in WSOF makes close to that.
This. Moraes be gettin' lucrative in WSOF. If he comes to the UFC he won't be making 6 figures per fight, even with a win. Very unfortunate, I really believe he would be top 10 at BW in the UFC.

Bellator needs Bantamweights but screw them. I want him in the UFC. He better not lose or he takes a pay cut either way

i think moraes made like 170k a few fights ago. Personally i wouldn't leave that unless WSOF offered me a big paycut. Dude's gotta look after his future and family

I have no interest on Moraes fighting in WSOF, BW is probably the weakest division there.
I hope he goes to UFC, is he such a draw to throw at him +150K? Thats huge money for WSOF.

TJ Dillashaw made 50/50 in his last fight.

I like the idea of having a few elite fighters outside the UFC. It brings interest to other organizations.

Marlon was on that shady Ali contract. With him out of the picture, I doubt he'll make as much.

Marlon was on that shady Ali contract. With him out of the picture, I doubt he'll make as much.

If he keeps making that much WSOF is going under. You can't pay that guy that much, he's not that big a draw.

TJ Dillashaw made 50/50 in his last fight.

I like the idea of having a few elite fighters outside the UFC. It brings interest to other organizations.

Didnt TJ only make 25/25 at UFC 200? And I'd rather see him fighting top guys.

What interest does it bring to other orgs? You are interested in Moraes vs Hill this weekend?

I'm more interested in Moraes vs Cruz, Lineker, Faber, TJ, Caraway, Sterling, Almeida, Dodson, Cody.

30/30 is good for Moraes. Maybe 35/35

Yes Marlon was on that Ali contract but if you are WSOF maybe they say ok we cant pay you 80/80 but 50/50 we'll give you just so we have a few legit champs. If WSOF says they cant keep Justin, Moraes, Branch, Fitch/Shields then they might as well pack up now cause they are dead.

So they can probably pay those 4 fighters.

imo best offer UFC gives Moraes is what Sterling got so maybe 30/30 and honestly I think 25/25 is what they'd probably offer.

I have to think WSOF can beat that offer, he's more valuable to them than he is to UFC.

Didnt TJ only make 25/25 at UFC 200? And I'd rather see him fighting top guys.

What interest does it bring to other orgs? You are interested in Moraes vs Hill this weekend?

I'm more interested in Moraes vs Cruz, Lineker, Faber, TJ, Caraway, Sterling, Almeida, Dodson, Cody.
You are right... 25/25 is what TJ made. Less that 1/3 of Moraes.

IDK... it is refreshing to me watch good fighers outside UFC. Im not a UFC hater (I watch every damn card) but from time to time I like to watch another organizations with different productions, their own stars, etc.

Anyway.. I will watch Moraes whetever he fights.

Yes Marlon was on that Ali contract but if you are WSOF maybe they say ok we cant pay you 80/80 but 50/50 we'll give you just so we have a few legit champs. If WSOF says they cant keep Justin, Moraes, Branch, Fitch/Shields then they might as well pack up now cause they are dead.

So they can probably pay those 4 fighters.

imo best offer UFC gives Moraes is what Sterling got so maybe 30/30 and honestly I think 25/25 is what they'd probably offer.

I have to think WSOF can beat that offer, he's more valuable to them than he is to UFC.
Plus... dat sponsor money.

Reebok aint paying shit.

I see Moraes moving on to the UFC after this. In one way or another, Moraes is going to have to take a paycut. Moraes' contract is from the Ali Abdel-Aziz era so that'll certainly play a factor in whether he leaves WSOF or not. On the bright side, WSOF should have more roster spots for fighters should Moraes leave.

With that said, I hope Josh Hill takes the belt from him. I find it funny how people think Moraes is just going to have an easy time with him when he left him like this in their last fight:
WSOF18_Moraes_Hill_Gallery-133-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
UFC should get him. Legit champs from other orgs need to be signed when possible. He is main card ready, and two or three wins away from a pretty hypable title shot.

Back