1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Mark Turner - BJJ

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Corey Kuropas, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Rebelfett The last likebender Staff Member Forum Moderator

CD2EED53-3682-4DB5-AC89-DBA7A2700A82-2414-000002FC0852A881.jpeg
    So Mark Turner you flew out to the L.A. Pro to represent Demain Maia bjj by not competing? Congrats. You took gold. But why didnt you do the open weight? Youve been quoted on grappling central podcast by saying bring on the big boys i want to prove my jiu jitsu...blah blah. If that was true you wouldve done it. Ironically this is the fisrt time in how long that youve signed up at your actual weight. Youve even dooped your students that youre legitimately a top 10 competitor . Top 10 competitor without competing. Youre a fucking allstar, Mark Turner. Way to represent Demain Maia and Wagner Mota. Such a mug.

2. Rebelfett The last likebender Staff Member Forum Moderator

So the chicago open has come and gone. Once again mark turner of demian maia bjj had failed , once again, to show up. I dont even mean as a competitor but to even coach his students. Why not compete? For a guy who takes 20 minutes to explain a technique so he can tell a story about how he used it in a different country competing, he sure doesn't back it up. He wouldve had opponents too. All the biggest teams had their black belts competing and coaching that's why they do the black belts first so they can fight and then attend to their competitors. Is it that there weren't any empty brackets? Is that why you're flying to Spain this weekend? Because they have empty weight classes? If you're going to fly across the Atlantic why not do the open class? Who is paying for you to constantly be traveling to these tournaments? Is it the academy or on your own "dime"? Is that why you're on your third business partner in the past 12 months? Cuz I don't think it would be fair for the team to have to pay for you to basically go on vacation and pick up your medal for putting on a gi and making weight, two classes above your weight.