Mark Hunt's reaction to fighting a roided opponent...

Jeez guy this is old news, Hunt won't make 700k a fight anywhere else as a 42 year old .500 fighter.

If Brocks win bonus and ppv point bonus are kept in escrow following his positive test. The UFC can keep ALL of that money if they so wish. This is what Chael has said.

I seem to recall an official report saying that the UFC will NOT fine Brock and Jones, though.

So if they won't fine them, why would they go and keep Brock's money from him?

They could end up in a legal battle with Brock if they tried to take the PPV money away from him anyway.

Nope. I can see the NSAC taking away part or all of Brock's 2.5 mill purse but Brock's keeping all the PPV money that he helped the UFC GET thanks to his presence in basically turning a Mediocre UFC 200 PPV into a 1,000,000+ BUYS one.

You're welcome, UFC.
8zKB5DG.png

and not being compensated is really the only reaction we should see all over MMA.

I would be furious if I worked like an animal only to have money taken from me, achievement in the sport I love, and potentially years off my life/career.

Anyone who is sympathetic to guys who dope likely dabbled/dabbles themselves. It is very telling.

He was compensated at least $700,000. He also stated very clearly before the fight that he knew Brock was roiding. Do you think that all his previous opponents were clean? Keep in mind that he fought in Pride which specifically stated in it's contract that it does not test for performance enhancing drugs. I would also like to point out that steroids or no steroids getting punched and kicked is not good for your health. The man knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

Having said that I can understand him being upset. If the rules are that no one is supposed to use roids and your opponent does while you do not that is not right. I'm also sure he is unhappy that Brock beat him down, and yes, a giant roid powered gorilla pounding the crap out of you is not good for you. But his reaction is over the top. He never acted this way before even though its almost certain that many of his opponents were taking something.

I'm fine with giving him a little something extra for his trouble, but raging, lawsuits, fighters unions and 2.5 million is a bit much. No one forced him to fight. He could have said no and happily said yes because he knew Brock would be a bigger payday. He knew the Brock situation was shady but went forward anyway. Now he's acting like he was tricked? Come on.

Jeez guy this is old news, Hunt won't make 700k a fight anywhere else as a 42 year old .500 fighter.
Well that is the contract the UFC gave him. Is he suppose to just bend over and take it in the behind because it benefited the UFC to not reveal the results of Brocks test prior to the fight?

He was compensated at least $700,000. He also stated very clearly before the fight that he knew Brock was roiding. Do you think that all his previous opponents were clean? Keep in mind that he fought in Pride which specifically stated in it's contract that it does not test for performance enhancing drugs. I would also like to point out that steroids or no steroids getting punched and kicked is not good for your health. The man knew the job was dangerous when he took it.

Having said that I can understand him being upset. If the rules are that no one is supposed to use roids and your opponent does while you do not that is not right. I'm also sure he is unhappy that Brock beat him down, and yes, a giant roid powered gorilla pounding the crap out of you is not good for you. But his reaction is over the top. He never acted this way before even though its almost certain that many of his opponents were taking something.

I'm fine with giving him a little something extra for his trouble, but raging, lawsuits, fighters unions and 2.5 million is a bit much. No one forced him to fight. He could have said no and happily said yes because he knew Brock would be a bigger payday. He knew the Brock situation was shady but went forward anyway. Now he's acting like he was tricked? Come on.
How do you know what he Pride contract said? You're just taking that story from Joe Rogan who is full of shit 99% of the time.

Well that is the contract the UFC gave him. Is he suppose to just bend over and take it in the behind because it benefited the UFC to not reveal the results of Brocks test prior to the fight?
Exactly, he had a contract and he's in no way entitled to any of Brocks money so he should shut up and stop crying. He isn't mad that Brock was on PEDs, he's mad that he lost to a WWE guy.

You're seriously getting mad over nothing. I needed that post earlier to get my blue belt. :)
I'm not mad. People shouldn't like seeing other hard working people get fucked over by the more powerful because it lines their pockets. That's gross.

Exactly, he had a contract and he's in no way entitled to any of Brocks money so he should shut up and stop crying. He isn't mad that Brock was on PEDs, he's mad that he lost to a WWE guy.
He was also told that Brock was going to be tested. Results of the test conveniently were revealed after the fight. He's mad because Brock was allowed to cheat.

Jones and Brock share needles intravenously

prideroidcontract.jpg

You don't believe Enson Inoue?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/2...de-contract-shows-no-steroid-testing-mma-news

And a bonus of Mark telling us that Brock is juiced to the gills before the fight but he accepted it anyway.

Who's to say every contract for Pride ws the same. Anyways it still doesn't excuse the UFC for telling Hunt they were testing Brock.
And yes he said that I've seen the video but if USADA is testing Brock the results should come back before the fight. I'm sure Hunt thought that. To have them revealed only after is a total fuck job.

He was also told that Brock was going to be tested. Results of the test conveniently were revealed after the fight. He's mad because Brock was allowed to cheat.
Nah, he's mad because Brock is a WWE guy.

Everyone knows its FAIR game in untested orgs, the key point being FAIR. With Hunt being randomly tested and Brock getting an exemption and failing a test from three weeks prior still fighting and losing..... the man should get free KFC for life.

don't you think these two things are contradictory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back