Mark hunt's potential.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
His power.
His chin.
His....bipolarness?

Hunt is my favorite fighter of all time next to Dan Henderson. I feel like he has had a bipolar career. Sometimes he looks masterful, other times he looks terrible. He went from almost being cut from ufc to almost becoming an interim champion.

He's old now too, but sometimes for brief moments he looks like a guy who is levels above his opponent. Then he gets shut out by Blaydes. When he fought Werdum, he was beating him, and then got KO'd.

Sure he got beat by Stipe, JDS, Reem, etc....but this is an OLD hunt. Lets be honest, he's been an old fighter for a while now.

I honestly think if hunt came into the ufc now as a young man, he might have been the greatest heavyweight ever. I don't think mark hunt has ever reached his true potential, only in sporadic moments.

Hunt KO Oleynik round 1

I don’t know man... young man hunt got finished by Manhoef and Mousasi.

I don’t think thats a recipe for best heavyweight ever. Still a badass though.

Considering he came in with a pure background in striking, its pretty fucking gangster of him to jump into mma and fight killers like Wand, Fedor, Cro Cop, Barnett, Mousasi, and Overeem right off the bat.

Samoans are naturally tough as hell. They're huge people, with a lot of power, and big - boned.

Hunto fits the mold physically, he's just been in a TON of wars over the years, and he's getting up there in age.

Regardless of how his career winds up, I will always remember this as one of the baddest ass moves in all of MMA...
mark-hunt-atomic-butt-drop.gif

If he had better TDD and was able to get out of positions and threaten subs off his back he had a very good chance of being UFC champ depending on the timing.

Hunts also unique and innovative with his walk off ko's and atomic butt drop. Still to this day noone has been able to replicate either.

Not sure about that but regardless war Mark Hunt. From the atomic butt-drop to some classic walk-off KO's the dude is a proper legend. Hunt-Oleynik should be a fun fight.

He is practically a kickboxer fighting mma, they should just match him up with strikers and let him bang.

He is practically a kickboxer fighting mma, they should just match him up with strikers and let him bang.

Hunt should go to the new Bare Knuckle Boxing league

I agree, Hunt really did look amazing at times, short notice, huge weight cut, high altitude and he still was smoking Werdum up till the KO.

He's was a tough, technical striking that was strong as hell with an iron chin. If he would have gotten into, and dedicated himself to mma earlier I have no doubt he would have been champ. He was a blast to watch and he performed well for his age but at this stage in the game I sadly don't expect to see much more from him.

He seems to always KO me the first time on ufc3, even though he's fairly easy to see coming it's like he just has my number and it takes me several tries.

Good thread imo

Mark Hunt will go down in the history books as an MMA GOAT. Thats for sure. 8 years ago, the UFC tried to pay him to not fight out his existing PRIDE contract. Mark Hunt, with like a 5-6 losing record, said fuck that, and went on to have an amazing career in the HW division and cemented himself as a perennial top 10 fighter. He's getting up there in age but will still bring it everytime.

Huge fan of Hunt but I think Olyneik has got this. If it goes to the groud, it’s a wrap. And Alexy is a master of avoiding huge bombs and dragging his tired foes to the ground. I think this is a bad matchup for our boy Hunto.

He also is the only man ever to have a Walk off KO and make his opponent tap to strikes at the same time SON

A0V3Os5.gif

His CTE. War Hunto.

Hunt had an amazing career and honestly he could have easily been champ.

Werdum straight up got lucky in that fight. I credit him for being fearless and confidently throwing huge knees against a high level k1 striker. But they could fight 20 times and Werdum wouldnt replicate that.

Against JDS, he was doing great but JdS landed the only headkick hes ever landed.. And its a spinning ko heal kick.

So yea i think hunt got the shit end of the stick in those fights. But when your gameplan is to just hit harder and be tougher than everyone.. Well it backfires when your in your late 30s.

I think hes one of the best fighters on the roster. Amazing talent and im glad to see him have sucess late in his career.

He easily could have world champion in multiple orgs.
It just didnt work out that way

I value his k1 championship way more than Werdums ufc hw belt.

Back