Mark Hunt's argument missing a lot of facts

A LOT of opinion/hypothesis, not much "facts".

A LOT of opinion/hypothesis, not much "facts".

Maybe. But they are much more reasonable and believable than Hunt's.

And this person seems to have actually put some thought and research in the issue, unlike Hunt.

Like does Hunt know timelines of tests? Does he know specifics of anything? His argument is one of pure emotion.

Hunt's right but could have approached this better.

Maybe. But they are much more reasonable and believable than Hunt's.

And this person seems to have actually put some thought and research in the issue, unlike Hunt.

Like does Hunt know timelines of tests? Does he know specifics of anything? His argument is one of pure emotion.
Haven't the UFC messed around with info on test results?
Both Vitor's and Jon Jones' tests, from the top of my head.

Shrugs, fighters can do what the f-ck they want. They can use, they can bitch, whatever. I applaud people to research and be educated but in all honesty, I don't give a shit either way. Abuse will always be in the sport. Nothing will change that. Anderson and Jones showed this, potential goats. Nobody and I literally mean nobody I trust a 100 percent. And since I trust nobody, I stopped caring. They can do whatever they want with their bodies, not up to me. If they get caught or they destroy that body, that's their problem. I'll just watch the fights I like and won't bother myself with people complaining on these boards or a Mark Hunt. Dude can do whatever. Doesn't come across very educated, but I guess that's because he's not. HAHA! Who gives a shit?

Haven't the UFC messed around with info on test results?
Both Vitor's and Jon Jones' tests, from the top of my head.

To add to this, Hunt then claimed the UFC had prior knowledge of Lesnar being flagged prior to their fight at UFC 200.
Unfortunately for Hunt the evidence does not support this hypothesis. In fact, other timescales of failed tests fall directly in line with when a fighter is tested, to when a fighter is flagged, and the UFC then being informed by USADA.

Examples of this process are plentiful since USADA became the UFC's main anti-drug policy enforcers.

Jon Jones was tested around June 16 but his failed tests only came back three days prior to UFC 200 on July 6. That's nineteen days from testing to being made aware he was flagged.

In the case of Yoel Romero he was tested on December 16 2015 and then flagged on January 12 2016. A total of twenty-seven days from testing to being made aware he was flagged.

Other out-of-competition fails from Chad Mendes (May 17-June 10; twenty-four days) and Gleison Tibau (November 7- December 4; twenty-seven days) also support this sort of timescale, so in reality

Lesnar being tested on June 28 then flagged on July 15 fits directly in line with the normal process of results for out-of-competition tests.

Maybe I am just stupid but that is a much more intelligent argument than anything out of Hunt's mouth.

What's his point?

Lesnar is juiced as a mofo and shouldn't be allowed to step into the cage. That's all that matters here really.

There's also zero chance the UFC didn't know he was juiced. Only morons thought that guy could have ever been clean since his 14th birthday.

Love Mark hunt as much as the next guy but he's getting paid very well as far as MMA fighters go. I know he's getting in the upper 6 figures per fights at this point

I get his argument that he's only fought roiders his past three fights but who were the roiders? Silva? Silve hasn't beaten anyone since USADA his career is over and he destroyed him, dad bod Mir his career is over and he destroyed him and Lesnar who he got outclassed by. He ddidn't throw anything in round 2 when he had his opening.

Love Mark Hunt, but if he could seriously turn down a 500k payday and cry "muh fighter rights" against a dumpster like Derrick Lewis than more power to him

Pretty weak article.

For instance what someone thinks doesn't absolve you from responsibility

If Mark Hunt thinks Brock is juiced to the gills before the fight doesn't absolve the UFC from making sure all fighters are clean by either testing or deterrents for cheating (such as fines) which they did not impose on their PED users when busted

If Mark Hunt thinks someone is roiding or not is irrelevant from the fact the fighters are indeed roiding. Eg. In the past 2 year Hunt hasn't had a clean fighter to fight which is pretty terrible indication

Last edited:
The whole thing is just a useless circle jerk until we know what the substance was

TL;DR

WearyReflectingCowbird.gif

My personal opinion is UFC has gotten USADA to turn a blind eye to let main event fights go on after failed tests and not release the results until after the event. The money is supposed to change hands, but who is getting richer from the failed test, it sure isn't the clean fighter, it's the AC or The state treasury who gets the fines, a huge conflict of interest here, not to mention the UFC gets their money fight to clean up on... It's total garbage if you ask me. Everyone benefits except the guy who is supposedly the legit fighter on that given night, I get why Hunto is pissed, he's just completely going about this in the wrong way.

My personal opinion is UFC has gotten USADA to turn a blind eye to let main event fights go on after failed tests and not release the results until after the event. The money is supposed to change hands, but who is getting richer from the failed test, it sure isn't the clean fighter, it's the AC or The state treasury who gets the fines, a huge conflict of interest here, not to mention the UFC gets their money fight to clean up on... It's total garbage if you ask me. Everyone benefits except the guy who is supposedly the legit fighter on that given night, I get why Hunto is pissed, he's just completely going about this in the wrong way.

<mma1>

wat

Ongoing saga I know, but found this interesting.

Article isn't condoning Brock's PED use but rather brings up a lot of facts which Hunt appears to have ignored or overlooked for the sake of his argument.

Interesting read.

https://www.the-newshub.com/combat/mark-hunt-missing-the-facts
Excellent article. every one of the people who argue that hunt is justified in his stance should read it.

To take a direct quote from Hunt's book, Born to Fight:

"Looking at the number of PRIDE fighters who've moved over to the UFC (where there are stricter rules) and either disappeared ignominiously or copped a suspension (or suspensions) for a banned substance it's likely that the use of 'roids in PRIDE was pretty rampant, and there's little doubt that I fought against juiced opponents."

In the quote Hunt admits that the UFC uses stricter rules in regards to PEDs, all while accepting he knows he fought against juiced opponents. Surely he should have been vocal about this back then if he had genuine grievances about fighting guys who used.

Exactly. If anything, the UFC has been totally caught off guard with this new testing and it is blowing up in their faces. They didn't expect this or I doubt they would have done it. More short term thinking and bluster from Dana.

"Let's have stricter testing than the NFL and almost all other major sports leagues. DERP." lol WTF. Idiots they are.

If DC said jones was going to eye poke him would he lose the right to complain if Jones does eye poke him?

Looks like we found the rag D2 Wrestler writes for

Back