Mark Hunt vs Paul Galen Dec.16th

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Hunt (13-14-1-1 in MMA/30-13 in kickboxing) has not competed professionally since fighting out his UFC contract in a losing effort to Justin Willis on Dec. 2, 2018. Gallen (9-0-1) is an undefeated boxer coming off his first career draw against Barry Hall in Nov. 2019. “Super Samoan” has only competed twice in professional boxing — once in 1998 and once in 2000. He holds a pro-boxing record of 0-1-1.

Hunt vs. Gallen is expected to take place on Oct. 30 or Oct. 31.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/7/9/21318546/mark-hunt-paul-gallen-boxing-rugby-ufc-mma-news

Gal is one brave fucker doing this

zuoUAKv.gif

I'm just so so happy to see Hunto fight someone. Anyone. I just want to see him fight.

I recall an article a couple of years ago where Hunt discussed the physical and neurological damage fighting had done him. Based on that he shouldn't be going anywhere near a competitive fight ever again. But he did say in the same article that financially he had no choice but to fight on.

Gal is one brave fucker doing this

Paul Gallen's chin seems as bomb proof as Hunts maybe even more so nowdays. TBH I would back Gallen to win this even though I'm not a fan of him in the slightest. Hunt is just simply too old and too many head knocks. Gallen probably has similar levels of CTE after decade or more of playing Rugby League though.

Hunt shouldn’t get punched in the face anymore.
This. He looked like he couldnt pull the trigger at all in that last fight of his too. For context that k1 fight where he dropped his hands and let sefo tee off on him was 2001. He took a monstrous about of punishment even pre ufc.

This. He looked like he couldnt pull the trigger at all in that last fight of his too. For context that k1 fight where he dropped his hands and let sefo tee off on him was 2001. He took a monstrous about of punishment even pre ufc.

And he's 46. Hell, I'm 45 and I can get hurt if I don't sit on my couch properly.

Last edited:
Whilst Hunto should never fight again, this Galen is a roided ex-rugby league player, whose fought other league players, fringe contenders for journeymanship. and his last fight a lad from the AFL, which is like shitty gaelic football (massive fish). If Hunt's getting paid well, then he smashes this man.

I recall an article a couple of years ago where Hunt discussed the physical and neurological damage fighting had done him. Based on that he shouldn't be going anywhere near a competitive fight ever again. But he did say in the same article that financially he had no choice but to fight on.

Im going to be in the minority, but I think that’s bs when fighters say they have no choice but to keep fighting.

There’s plenty of manual labor or fighting trainer jobs out there, they just don’t want to adjust their lifestyle.

Back