Mark hunt vs JDS?

RhinoRhein

White Belt
Reaction score
What do you think about this fight? I think hunt poses a huge threat to santos on the feet. He's got a solid chin crazy power and is a lot more technical striker the dos santos. On the feet I think the only thing that dos santos has that poses a threat to hunt is his speed. And santos is the kind of guy that likes to prove his stand up is lethal so he would probably stand and bang with hunt. I think hunt will ko/ tko him on the feet. With that being said santos can always take it to the ground and show us his bjj we have yet to see.

fantasy matchup this is....probably gonna get wastelanded is what I think.

Hunt would give him problems, but I don't think he has the variety of tools to make it to a title shot. JDS has very good TDD and even when taken down has shown the ability to spring back up. A lot of JDS opponents have been pretty tailor made for him...he has fought one very solid wrestler and two very solid kickboxers who are way past their prime. I am very keen to see if this Cain is going to avoid getting clipped it'll be interesting to see JDS TDD really pushed.

JDS would take him down and sub him... id rather see Hunt vs Barry finally happen

What do you think about this fight? I think hunt poses a huge threat to santos on the feet. He's got a solid chin crazy power and is a lot more technical striker the dos santos. On the feet I think the only thing that dos santos has that poses a threat to hunt is his speed. And santos is the kind of guy that likes to prove his stand up is lethal so he would probably stand and bang with hunt. I think hunt will ko/ tko him on the feet. With that being said santos can always take it to the ground and show us his bjj we have yet to see.

Hunt has a solid chin and power in his hands. As far as being a more technical striker I would beg to differ. K1 is a reason to think Hunt is more technical, but Junior has shown just how accurate and devastating he is. Junior by KO rd 1 but Hunt would need to beat a couple of top 10 guys uneven get a shot. I like a Big Country vs Hunt then if Hunt or Barry vs Hunt to see where he is.

too much speed, range and power for Hunt. He got KOd so his chin is not what it used to be. I bet JDS can even take him down and sub him.

JDS would take him down and sub him... id rather see Hunt vs Barry finally happen

This. I didn't see it prior to my post. Or I still like the idea of Nelson vs Hunt...two guys with power and big bellies...plus Hunt has shown better...not great...but better take down defense so seeing two guys with big power and solid chins goat it would be fun.

Wount happen since Ufc will match up Hunt with some wrestler after he finishes Struve.

wouldnt last more than a minute or so. JDS by sub or even stoppage (strikes)

JDS would be wise to get it to the ground or work to tire Hunt out so he can pick him apart later in the fight...

why do people seem to think Hunt can't be knocked out by these guys?

HE WAS KNOCKED OUT BY A FUCKING MIDDLEWEIGHT WITH MUCH BIGGER GLOVES ON TO BOOT!

he hasn't fought an elite striker in a LONG time

I love the guy but people are talking about his chin like it's 2005 still

the last really world class striker he fought was Mousasi in 2009.... who didn't strike with him
before that it was Melvin Manhoef who knocked him out within 20 seconds

I'd rather have Hunt vs. Nelson, see how that goes then move on from there.

Obvious white belt thread. This hypothetical match up has had a million threads.

If the fight doesn't hit the ground, JDS's face is gonna be all marked up. And lose via T/KO.

Junior could probably just pull guard and submit him, I think he just got his BJJ black belt and Hunt has some of the worst submission defense in the UFC.

Even if he couldn't or wouldn't want to, he could beat him on the feet. Hunt's slow and gasses horribly. JDS could finish him off with body shots in a couple rounds imo. He has bad cardio to start with, if Junior pushed the pace and made attacking the body a priority Mark would be exhausted by the end of the second.

Back