Mark Hunt donated $5,000 to Mark Coleman

"Maybe he wouldn't be begging for Brock's money if he wasn't throwing $5000 like it's Burger King coupons"

I work in the E.R. as a surgical technologist, and we save anyone's life that comes through that door whether they can pay or not. No questions asked. We get stiffed on the bills often too.

Yeah...try getting a surgery that doesn't require you going through the ER first and not being able to pay for it.

Hunt makes close to a mil a fight. That's pretty cheap. I heard Uncle Dana gave him a billion dollars

Coleman competed in the dark ages. The guys were getting paid decent figures occasionally, when you sort through it all, but I believe that the structure not being there (insurance to cover training injuries, consistent sponsorships, who knows what else) ultimately left many of these guys in bad positions either financially or physically and ultimately financially by forcing them to fight injured due to the lack of proper oversight at the time.
Coleman's DISCLOSED career salaries were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's very fair to assume that he made 3-5 times that amount. And he lives in Ohio, where you could but a nice house for under 100K in those days. In his era, he was likely one of the top paid mma athletes.

I feel sorry for the guy and how his life turned out (drunk and broke). And I feel sorry for all the lower tier guys who made nothing. But by Mark's own admission, he blew his fortune on booze and hookers.

Hip replacement

Didn't he already go through this 4-5 years ago when he was sellingbh
Coleman's DISCLOSED career salaries were in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's very fair to assume that he made 3-5 times that amount. And he lives in Ohio, where you could but a nice house for under 100K in those days. In his era, he was likely one of the top paid mma athletes.

I feel sorry for the guy and how his life turned out (drunk and broke). And I feel sorry for all the lower tier guys who made nothing. But by Mark's own admission, he blew his fortune on booze and hookers.

Yeah, I wasn't entire certain while ias writing that, as I was thinking back to an article about Gary Goodridge where he mentions earning something like 200k for an appearance in Pride. These giys really put themselves at risk for that money, though. They didn't havr the UFC present day insurance policy backing them up if they were injured in camp.

And because the pay just wasn't very good back in the day. Lots of $20k to show type stuff even near the top when he made a name for himself.
True. He did make quite a bit in Japan though.

You also get raped in taxes.
So what? it's a fair system (not perfect) the more you earn the more you pay...it's not like the wealth inequality in the US were the top 1 percent owns half of the country and avoid paying taxes.

lol $5000? weak couldn't even do $50,000?

no one tell hunt that coleman is white.

/thread

So what? it's a fair system (not perfect) the more you earn the more you pay...it's not like the wealth inequality in the US were the top 1 percent owns half of the country and avoid paying taxes.

You're kidding, right? 85 people own 50% of the entire world's wealth. Let's not make this about American' wealth inequity. Have you ever looked at places like Mexico, India, China, Pakistan? The wealth disparity is staggering compared to even America's.

Hunto didnt refuse the call, he is a true warrior whom recognises and pays tribute to another warrior in need

Yes all uncivilized third/second world countries.

Back