Mark Hunt Booked for UFC 193

Rothwell, Cro Cop, or Mitrione would be the best guesses, unless it is one of the HW's who win this weekend, and Hunt has just accepted to fight on the card with an opponent TBD.

yeah I guess a rematch against Rothwell is waht it will be. It's a good fight Rothwell is on a streak with wins over Overeem and Mitrione and while he still is somehwat limited it, he's tough and powerful and the most confident he's ever been so if the dmaage and age got to Hunt it will show and if he beats Rothwell again and especially this version of Rothwell then Hunt is right back in the mix

plus, Rothwell has the p4p best manaical laugh in MMA history.

Per his Twitter, his next fight is booked for UFC 193. Wonder who he fights next.

Any clue who he's fighting next?

I'd guess Cro Cop. I'm good with it, they're 41 and 40 respectively. Loser should consider retirement.

Actually now that I read through the thread I vote Mitrione.

I said about six weeks ago that I'd like to see Hunt matched up against Rothwell for their respective next fights. I think it's the next logical progression for both of them, in terms of where they're currently ranked. If Hunt wins, it gets him back on track (he's 1-3-1 in his last 5 fights) and keeps him around that potential title shot picture, probably then needing another good win for a shot at the belt. If Rothwell wins, then he avenges his previous loss to Hunt, and jumps up the rankings and into that title shot picture himself, too, also probably another good win away from a shot at the belt.

I hope Hunt sticks to his word about never starting camp above 115kg (253.3lbs) again, too. If he's genuinely down to that weight already, 3 1/2 months out from the event (November 14), that's a really good sign that he's focussed, commited, and that we should see the best of whatever he still has now. He looked horrible against Miočić, and the weight cut on short notice for the Werdum fight left him less than his best, too.

Back