Mark Hominic VS Conor McGregor.

PrincesaZelda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Which one has better striking in your opinion?

After reflecting on the Hominick / Aldo fight I'm not entirely convinced that non-wrestlers struggle against Jose due to Jose's ground game?

Hominick told me everything I needed to know abot Aldo, at the time I believed a larger more athletic refined striker beats him. I still Believe that. Aldo aint the type to force lay n pray when his biggest weapon isnt there. He'll believe in his stand up and he'll get ko'd for it. he also doesnt have the top game to keep Conor on his back so he has no choice anyway.

Conor has much more fluent/diverse striking, Mark started to win the fight when Aldo gassed from having one of his worst weight cuts he has ever had.

I think that Mark is retired and can't take this fight, sorry. Mark was ahead of the point Conor is now. Aldo makes this look easy.

Conor vs Edgar for rebound, 2 losses and Conor will be rendered into irrelevance.

Hominick told me everything I needed to know abot Aldo, at the time I believed a larger more athletic refined striker beats him. I still Believe that. Aldo aint the type to force lay n pray when his biggest weapon isnt there. He'll believe in his stand up and he'll get ko'd for it. he also doesnt have the top game to keep Conor on his back so he has no choice anyway.

Hominick got KOed by KZ, yet Aldo dominated KZ.

So sometimes it is hard to say who is better on paper. They just got to fight it out to know for sure.

When Hominick was at his best he could give Connor a good standup fight. By the time Hominick fought Aldo I don't know if his striking was in it's prime anymore.

Really? Because in that fight I saw a less than 100% Aldo tool Hominick in the standup.

I have to go with Conor, he finished his opponents much more decisively. Technically Mark was very sound, but he didn't have the firepower & size Conor has at 145.

Not sure if serious.

One of the few Brazilian excuses I actually believed was that Aldo was sick when he fought Hominick.

Conor, not even remotely close. Hominick may've been a good kickboxer or something but it did not translate to MMA at a high level.

Really? Because in that fight I saw a less than 100% Aldo tool Hominick in the standup.

Yep.

On the ground I dont know. Aldo was probably resting most of the times he got on top? In his other fights he showed some really good grappling after his takedowns.

If you want to see Hominick's in-fight response to another
technical, high-calibre striker... watch his fight with Tiger Jabouin
in the WEC. It's my personal favorite primarily-stand up MMA fight.
It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Ends in a satisfying finish.

To be honest, in terms of skill and diversity and fluidity in striking...
I'd say that version of Jabouin is as good as the Mcgregor we saw
last night. If you disagree, that's fine... but you should really watch that
fight again. Because Tiger gives Hominick a lot of different looks...
spinning wheel kicks from inside the pocket, cutting angles on 1-2's
& throwing body shots & leg kicks. There's a reason it's my favorite
MMA stand up fight. Hominick responded well. Had answers for almost
everything. & Took advantage of an opening/weakness to gain the
advantage. I understand that a lot of people will probably write off Mark
in this thread. But if the Hominick who went on a tear to get the shot
against Aldo, fought against Mcgregor of last night... it'd be a close fight
& I would be torn to choose a winner.

With all that said, post-Aldo fight, Hominick was never the same.
I believe that has more to do with the loss of his friend and head trainer
Tompkins, though.

23881.jpg
hominck got tooled by a guy with the flu and bad cut probably gets killed if he was 100% percent

Conor, not even remotely close. Hominick may've been a good kickboxer or something but it did not translate to MMA at a high level.

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
"May have been a good kickboxer or something."

Go watch some fights & stop swinging from the sack.
The dude takes a top 3 p4p best of the sport
to a competitive decision for the first time in 20 fights & forces
him to shoot for takedowns. & Beat every other striking oriented
fighters he's faced up until that championship fight

Conor hands down. Aldo had bad cut and still beat hominick for 4 rounds. Conor is faster and has better chin than hominick

i think mcgregor finishes/outclasses any version of hominick, his striking was pretty good though.

I didn't see much of Hominick but from what I did see his stand up didn't look anything to special. Aldo pretty much handled him, Korean Zombie KO'd him quick and the other fight I saw was against that Yagin guy and iirc he got dropped a couple times (?). May be wrong but I'm sure he did. Anyway IMO Conor is leagues above him from what I have seen.

Which one has better striking in your opinion?

After reflecting on the Hominick / Aldo fight I'm not entirely convinced that non-wrestlers struggle against Jose due to Jose's ground game?

tough to say who was better striker . McGregor seems to prefer staying at a distance and Mark fights like he's in a phonebooth

Mark definitely had the faster hands of the 2 Conor the better kicks

would of been a great fight between the 2. both are/were very agressive

23881.jpg
hominck got tooled by a guy with the flu and bad cut probably gets killed if he was 100% percent

i think Aldo in the late 4th and 5th stopped wanting to punch Mark for fear that thing would explode..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back