Media Mark Coleman's anticipated boxing debut is set, will face former Roy Jones Jr. opponent

Dana’s still chasing the few 100 G”s Ken Shamrock still owes him from well over a decade ago so that’s unlikely don’t know if White is that type of guy doing anything to just help out . Lol
Dana is your typical pay to play get along to go along politician type.

If old fighters are willing to promote the brand for free. Speak highly of the organization and not bad mouth them or him, he's willing to throw them a bone. Like on staff jobs for Forest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, & DC.

But if they speak out or bad mouth him or the organization he cuts them off. That's the way he does buisness. Kiss the ring. You have to be a company guy.

They gave him some opportunities in coaching for TUF a few times it seems.
They did a HOF thing for him. Maybe there was a fundraiser or money tied to that. I don't know.

Should they do more???? I dont know. Not 100% sure what they have done for him behind the scenes.

I don't think they should be obligated to financially support him for the rest of his life, but I do agree when I see Dana brag about giving six figure gifts to D-bag social influencer dorks it makes you wonder.

But who am I, to tell Dana what to do with his money. At the end of the day they weren't mainstream or popular until post Coleman with TUF & Spike TV.

1707154489295.png
It's been a starred and scarred career.

Bro. You need hips to grapple.

I agree he’s a fool for wanting a striking match but , at this point with his Mileage on that body , I’d imagine as bad as his striking is, his grappling with that bad hip is probably worse. He couldn’t even sprawl or sit out at this point and any grappling match against somebody with a pulse he’d get broken to pieces .

Guyz, guyz, I know <DCrying>
But sadly the Hammer is dead set on competing again as a pro, so I figured that getting quickly submitted at some Quintet (they could make a nice Team Hammer House line-up composed of Mark Coleman, Brandon Lee Hinkle, Wes "The Project" Sims, AJ Dobson, and perhaps Mark Kerr if he can get in shape for a one-time kinda thingy)
or Polaris event, or even a UFC grappling bout

Well, it would be less damaging that getting ragdolled in a MMA bout, or KTFO in a boxing match, or take some free CTE against Tim Sylvia in one of those BS "slap-fights"

I a perfect world, Mark Coleman would never compete again, but sadly (well, it was a great mentality when he was an active MMArtist) he just refuses to step down.

So fans of the Hammer can only sign in relief every time that one of his latest brilliant ideas get shut down because his body's mileage in insane.

Let's hope for the best, shall we? l@nd0

Dana is your typical pay to play get along to go along politician type.

If old fighters are willing to promote the brand for free. Speak highly of the organization and not bad mouth them or him, he's willing to throw them a bone. Like on staff jobs for Forest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, & DC.

But if they speak out or bad mouth him or the organization he cuts them off. That's the way he does buisness. Kiss the ring. You have to be a company guy.

They gave him some opportunities in coaching for TUF a few times it seems.
They did a HOF thing for him. Maybe there was a fundraiser or money tied to that. I don't know.

Should they do more???? I dont know. Not 100% sure what they have done for him behind the scenes.

I don't think they should be obligated to financially support him for the rest of his life, but I do agree when I see Dana brag about giving six figure gifts to D-bag social influencer dorks it makes you wonder.

But who am I, to tell Dana what to do with his money. At the end of the day they weren't mainstream or popular until post Coleman with TUF & Spike TV.
Shamrock saved the UFC early on he was basically fighting for free after 1995 . He was the draw and his few super fights kept them afloat ,without him it was about to go under I know this for a fact bc the cable companies shut a few events down after the ultimate/ Ultimate tournament in 1996 I think it was on its last legs before Ken went to WWE he had the big rematch with Severn where both guys weren’t allowed to throw closed fist strikes bc the athletic commission was threatening to sue the event .

The UFC most likely goes under had Shamrock never fought Kimo and Severn it gave them just enough to go back on and in 2002 i think the Shamrock vs Ortiz resurrected it fir good after that it got solid feet and was working with the athletic commission that’s where it officially became MMA and new rules were set in place ., no clothing , bare feet ,gloves , rounds , time limits change , no soccer Kicks ,head butts etc ….

Cable companies started putting UFC back on after Shamrock vs Ortiz most stopped the ppvs .

White should be making Shamrock the fight executive of operations he knows why the UFC made it . Lol

Shamrock saved the UFC early on he was basically fighting for free after 1995 . He was the draw and his few super fights kept them afloat ,without him it was about to go under I know this for a fact bc the cable companies shut a few events down after the ultimate/ Ultimate tournament in 1996 I think it was on its last legs before Ken went to WWE he had the big rematch with Severn where both guys weren’t allowed to throw closed fist strikes bc the athletic commission was threatening to sue the event . The UFC most likely goes under had Shamrock never fought Kimo and Severn it gave them just enough to go back on and in 2002 i think the Shamrock vs Ortiz resurrected it fir good after that it got solid feet and was working with the athletic commission that’s where it officially became MMA and new rules were set in place ., no clothing , bare feet ,gloves , rounds , time limits change , no soccer Kicks ,head butts etc …. Cable companies started putting UFC back on after Shamrock vs Ortiz most stopped the ppvs . White should be making Shamrock the fight executive of operations he knows why the UFC made it . Lol

don't know what shamrocks finances are like and I could never understand why he would take fights where he'd just look terrible. Coleman, we know has money problems. Both good men and if they're broke that's just sad. Happens more often than not in sports.

don't know what shamrocks finances are like and I could never understand why he would take fights where he'd just look terrible. Coleman, we know has money problems. Both good men and if they're broke that's just sad. Happens more often than not in sports.
Shamrocks has business ventures and does motivated stuff , speeches guest appearances I think he owns a bare knuckle promotion ? He’s got face value and still puts himself out there I think I just saw him doing pro wrestling on some circuit a few weeks ago ,not so much for Coleman he was never a true public figure he’s plagued with Injuries, Shamrock is still doing flips and. athletic stuff .

Actually that wrestling match was 4/5 years ago it was posted 4 weeks ago .

he’s definitely not doing stuff like this these days anyway .lol

Last edited:
Shamrocks has business ventures and does motivated stuff , speeches guest appearances I think he owns a bare knuckle promotion ? He’s got face value and still puts himself out there I think I just saw him doing pro wrestling on some circuit a few weeks ago ,not so much for Coleman he was never a true public figure he’s plagued with Injuries, Shamrock is still doing flips and. athletic stuff .

Actually that wrestling match was 4/5 years ago it was posted 4 weeks ago .

he’s definitely not doing stuff like this these days anyway .lol

Shamrock would seem to be more worldy, but Coleman always seemed humble and nice. As far as they or anyone else in that business, I don't know how they do anything after all the injuries that happen. I remember getting injured just about every time I worked out with the grappling, it's brutal, striking is too. I'm not that fragile, I just realized I didn't want to be as riddled with injuries as the other guys around me were and are. That's not a very good tradeoff. Cte, injuries and the goofy behaviors as well as the drug abuse are jus not the way to go. In fact, I thought, many, many times how lucky i was I didn't get any major injuries because I wouldn't have been able to do the really physical jobs like moving, shoveling for days, none of that you can do with a bum back or bad shoulder.

Back