Marilyn Manson

He has some pretty catchy tunes, but to me he has always been "gimmicky". If he would have dropped his "shock artist" act a long time ago and put more effort into his music rather than his image, he'd probably still be relevant. I don't hate the guy, or his music, but like everyone else I just outgrew what he was trying to sell.

i like a couple songs, love what he represented when he was at the peak of his popularity.

I read the long hard road out of hell and thought it was a great read. he's really intelligent, wish he had more songs i could get into.

I do remember some songs fondly from my younger days but I still have respect for him. He does seem like a nice guy and does stick to his image. Not for me but he's does seem smart for just a "shock musician".

Yes, a huge fan. His early years were his greatest. The quality of his work has diminished over the years but he has the odd return to form now & then.

Nah, but he's an ok guy in my mind.
Nothing against him just dont dig the style.
And people made way too big a commotion about this guy when there were way more hardcore bands out there at the time who thought he was a joke.

Haven't been a big fan of his since, The Golden Age of Grotesque. I think that was his last good album, imo.

He's Marilyn, I wouldn't consider myself a "fan", but I'm not a hater either.

Not a fan of his music, he's a very intelligent person though so I have to give credit there.

not a fan but i like 80% of his stuff...

He fell off the Earth. I like Beautiful People. Shock acts like him don't have long shelf lives though.

Yeah i'm a fan. Not in my top 10 or anything, but there are quite a few songs of his that I like hearing once in a while. A few that I haven't quite acquired the taste for yet. But overall yeah I'm a fan.

He fell off the Earth. I like Beautiful People. Shock acts like him don't have long shelf lives though.
1)His shtick got old quick 2)His fan base grew up 3)He became heavily addicted to drugs

I lokw what I've heard, bit I've never owned any of his albums. My friend would play Smells Like Children back in the day and I would get into it.

As for the man he comes off as intelligent as well as being a pretentious know-it-all douche.

Yes...but his last really good album was over 10 years ago. His recent album is actually pretty decent but there was a good decade of just garbage coming from him.

His trilogy with Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Holy Wood were very good.

won't lie I use to be a huge fan when I was young but I grew out of it. His first album was the best sounded like something a real serial killer would make, and the rest after that got a little too new waveish.

Though looking back now seems he got the most buzz when performing other peoples songs.

I do like a few of his songs, especially his covers, I don't own any albums or anything, just the small sample I got for my playlists. I really don't think I could listen to him for any extended period of time, not like I can for other bands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back