March still too soon for Jones/Teixeira

oswald1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
When I read that Jones was to face Teixeira in Feb I couldnt believe it. That is just way too soon. Jones is still badly hurt from his fight and will be recovering for several months.

It is possible Teixeira is ready by then, even that is debatable, but there is no way Jones is. Especially since he is the champ he should get all the time he needs. He is getting older, recovery is much slower and 5 months just doesnt cut it. You should protect your investments. Look at boxing, they know what they're doing. Pacq is badly hurt and takes 15 months off, he will probably look better than ever. Mayweather just came off a grueling fight and fights next in May which is still quite soon but not as soon as March. What say you

Does anyone have proof of this needed recovery? I keep seeing people talking about it but have yet to see proof. Please don't show post fight pictures. That is not legitimate medical evidence.

Whatever dude. Champions should be fighting 3 times a year. Don t like it? Sell cars like the rest of the world.

Whatever dude. Champions should be fighting 3 times a year. Don t like it? Sell cars like the rest of the world.

I must have missed Silva's, GSP's, Henderson's, and Aldo's 3-time-a-year title defenses lol!

The only champs that fought 3x per year were Mike Tyson, and Fedor Emelianenko. When you're the best, you fight anything. When you're trying not to lose the belt. you fight 1-2x per year.

See Floyd Mayweather, and GSP

The only champs that fought 3x per year were Mike Tyson, and Fedor Emelianenko. When you're the best, you fight anything. When you're trying not to lose the belt. you fight 1-2x per year.

See Floyd Mayweather, and GSP

so for you the number 1 pfp boxer in the world and the arguably number 1 or 2 pfp mma fighter in the world are trying not to lose the belt?
tyson and fedor were both incredible but i m afraid you dont know what you are talking about, jon jones already has defended his belt more than any other lhw champ in the history of the ufc, his last few fight he has some injuries so he has to take a little break. everybody remember his run in 2011 except maybe you

Jesus, I remember a time when people talked about how much they liked martial arts and would praise fighters for what they did in the cage/ring. Now it's nothing but bashing by hateful, no self esteem, conspiracy having, only my view is right, fighters should and can only do this to be the best and if not they suck, WWE antic loving, no respect having, butt hurt fucking children.

This is what's wrong with sports fans now day. Almost everything I hear from people now is fucking hateful. It's ok to criticize but damn do we have to criticize about shit like this now? It's not your way of life or your body so shut the fuck up!!

Sorry if this seems rude, and if I get banned I don't care, but there is so much bull shit on these forums(not just this site I follow a couple others) that's I question whether or not if most you fucks are even real sports fans.

TLDR: basically fuck all of you fucking haters, what the fuck do mods have there position for if not to keep these forums legitimate.

When I read that Jones was to face Teixeira in Feb I couldnt believe it. That is just way too soon. Jones is still badly hurt from his fight and will be recovering for several months.

It is possible Teixeira is ready by then, even that is debatable, but there is no way Jones is. Especially since he is the champ he should get all the time he needs. He is getting older, recovery is much slower and 5 months just doesnt cut it. You should protect your investments. Look at boxing, they know what they're doing. Pacq is badly hurt and takes 15 months off, he will probably look better than ever. Mayweather just came off a grueling fight and fights next in May which is still quite soon but not as soon as March. What say you

What injuries did he suffer that will hold him up for that long? As far as I know he took some superficial facial damage and bruised his foot, which should keep him out of the gym for what, a few weeks? Also keep in mind he's a professional athlete and naturally has a faster recovery time than the average joe. I think you're overreacting.

Jesus, I remember a time when people talked about how much they liked martial arts and would praise fighters for what they did in the cage/ring. Now it's nothing but bashing by hateful, no self esteem, conspiracy having, only my view is right, fighters should and can only do this to be the best and if not they suck, WWE antic loving, no respect having, butt hurt fucking children.

This is what's wrong with sports fans now day. Almost everything I hear from people now is fucking hateful. It's ok to criticize but damn do we have to criticize about shit like this now? It's not your way of life or your body so shut the fuck up!!

Sorry if this seems rude, and if I get banned I don't care, but there is so much bull shit on these forums(not just this site I follow a couple others) that's I question whether or not if most you fucks are even real sports fans.

TLDR: basically fuck all of you fucking haters, what the fuck do mods have there position for if not to keep these forums legitimate.

I agree whoeheartedly. It seems like if people can't be happy unless they're unhappy with things. It's like they're incapable of being satisfied with an outcome no matter what the cirmcumstances are.

I must have missed Silva's, GSP's, Henderson's, and Aldo's 3-time-a-year title defenses lol!

Henderson
Jan 10 Jamie Varner won WEC belt
April 24 Donald Cerrone
Dec 16 Anthony Pettis lost belt
Feb 26 2012 Frankie Edger won belt
Aug 11 Frankie Edger
Dec 8 Nate Diaz
April 20 Gilbert Melendez
Aug 30 Anthony Pettis lost belt

Between the WEC and UFC belt
Apr 30 Mark Bocek
Aug 14 Jim Miller
Nov 12 Clay Guida

Open your eyes son

Last edited:

i agree 100% mate

I completely agree.

They call themselves fans of MMA but hate everything about it blindly.

No reason, just blind hate.

I mean, I've spent years defending Fedor against his haters. How the hell does someone hate Fedor? He's the most humble man in any sport.

So yea, it's plain rage really. Unfortunately we have a lot of bloodlust fans in our sport.

Does anyone have proof of this needed recovery? I keep seeing people talking about it but have yet to see proof. Please don't show post fight pictures. That is not legitimate medical evidence.

Shogun was right after two weeks with his fight with Hendo. Jone's mostly suffered from pitter patter jabs, sure heaps of swelling but that goes after a few days.

Jone's ego and self belief is what was damaged most, which is probably taking the most time to heal.

What injuries did he suffer that will hold him up for that long? As far as I know he took some superficial facial damage and bruised his foot, which should keep him out of the gym for what, a few weeks? Also keep in mind he's a professional athlete and naturally has a faster recovery time than the average joe. I think you're overreacting.

LOL at the expert bitter tough guys. It's not even their butthurt comments but how forceful and certain they are. Must be experts on fighting the best for 25 mintues and how much recorvery you need and when you should go back to the gym.

Yeah Martial Pop tarts, Why isnt he back in the gym after 2 weeks? Internet forum member Martial poptarts and friends have a good point. Whoever this Jon Jones is he cant lie to use keyboard warriors. We all know what fighting in main events is like and how much time until you can train again.

I'm with Martial pop tarts here and not Jon whatever his name is. Poptarts and friends are the experts here. And also I believe they all might be Jon Jones medical doctor. We should all take Martial poptarts very serioulsy on this and any subject regarding high level combat sports and athletics in general.

And most especailly if he ever talks about Pop-tarts. Why are these badasses even on sherdog and not getting ready for their 10th MMA fight of this year?

He's not getting old, he's 26 and he's probably healed up already

Getting pretty pissed off with these guys fighting once or twice each year. Should be three times at least.

Shogun fought and beat Rampage, Lil Nog, Arona and Overeem in 4 months ffs!

Miss the good ol' days when guys fought more than once on the same night. That was some hardcore stuff.

Back