Marcelo Rolling with Cobrinha Part 2

Yup I think that was in August morning class. Pretty much if Marcelo decided not to film anymore they could still regular have content for 2-3 months if not more but they I think they just dont release all of it at because some rolls are obv better than others. Also I know there is alot of editing/tagging techniques involved that takes up much of there time. I think they just tend to put the best rolls or tie the rolls into the techniques posted for the week. They film 2x a day so there def have alot of unreleased content they prob are sifting through since the new school is under construction.

Man that's so awesome. I wish that MendesBros Online filmed that much! MGinaction already has a lifetime's worth of material on there. I can't imagine the type of library that will be on there in even a few more years. Nothing has been done like that in martial arts, ever.

amazing to see marcelo totally shut down cobrinha's amazing guard. And his single leg x guard sweep was absolutely unstoppable there

True, but it's also impressive that Marcelo (who is larger) couldn't pass either. That's what's always been so impressive about Cobrinha imo, how hard his guard is to pass.

Awesome video though. Marcelo was able to sweep at will.

For those fantasizing about a Marcelo/Rafa matchup, here's some valuable input.

True, but it's also impressive that Marcelo (who is larger) couldn't pass either. That's what's always been so impressive about Cobrinha imo, how hard his guard is to pass.

Cobrinha is my instructor... but in the video didn't Marcelo force him to turtle and then ended up on his back with one hook in? That may not qualify for points, but it's pretty impressive.

More important: man I love watching these two roll. We live in a cool time for BJJ online.

For those fantasizing about a Marcelo/Rafa matchup, here's some valuable input.

I think it would happen pretty much exactly like that video. Rafa would never allow Marcelo anywhere near a position that he likes to pass ie half guard with the underhook. They would probably pull guard and try to win on advantages on berimbolos they didn't finish.

If its a gi match then I see Marcelo causing them much more trouble but less likely to finish them.

I think it would happen pretty much exactly like that video. Rafa would never allow Marcelo anywhere near a position that he likes to pass ie half guard with the underhook. They would probably pull guard and try to win on advantages on berimbolos they didn't finish.

If its a gi match then I see Marcelo causing them much more trouble but less likely to finish them.

That video is Marcelo in ~super Sayin 2. He can go to at least 5. I realize Cobrinha wasn't rolling as hard as he can either, but I felt he was working harder than Marcelo and still not doing as much. I think Marcelo could sub Rafa without the gi, I actually think Rafa would do better in the gi as his guard is very well tailored to gi grappling.

That video is Marcelo in ~super Sayin 2. He can go to at least 5. I realize Cobrinha wasn't rolling as hard as he can either, but I felt he was working harder than Marcelo and still not doing as much. I think Marcelo could sub Rafa without the gi, I actually think Rafa would do better in the gi as his guard is very well tailored to gi grappling.

I think nogi Rafa would pull guard and it would be a draw, or marcelo would win on advantages or by decision.

Rafa never even looked close to getting passed by Rodolfo, despite Rodolfo not being as good nogi his passing is still amazing.

has anyone seen someone trying to play 50/50 against marcelo? if so, what did he do/how did it go

same for rdlr.

that is what i would see rafa trying to do against mg

i have no hope of that match actually happening though

has anyone seen someone trying to play 50/50 against marcelo? if so, what did he do/how did it go?

Ryan does during his rolls. Marcelo wants nothing to do with the position so he straighten his trapped leg, uses his free leg to kick off and scoot his butt back to slip out of the position.

has rafa even been tapped as a blackbelt in competition yet? i know he doesn't do the absolute very often but we did see him against rodolfo and he looked fine.

marcelo would probably be the favorite but i don't think he would finish mendes.

neither one was going full out, but it tells you how good those two are. After a decade of dominance, Marcelo is still one of the very best.

has rafa even been tapped as a blackbelt in competition yet? i know he doesn't do the absolute very often but we did see him against rodolfo and he looked fine.

marcelo would probably be the favorite but i don't think he would finish mendes.

The problem is, Rafa's berimbolo would probably be shut down by MG, and if MG gets sidemount, that's when it gets ugly for Rafa.

has anyone seen someone trying to play 50/50 against marcelo? if so, what did he do/how did it go

same for rdlr.

that is what i would see rafa trying to do against mg

i have no hope of that match actually happening though

He usually uses his free foot on the heel hook side to push away their arm and gets wrist control on the other arm. Then scoots back to free his leg.

found this. apparently someone doesn't know you can dl vids and video taped it instead

mg pretty much just shut him down.

ps- lol at the crowd control

Curious why you think that. Or at least, why you seem so certain.

The bigger the guy, the most difficult is to hit the berimbolo. Besides MG has enourmous awareness of what is happening around, I doubt he will grapple with Rafa without preparing for it.

Back