News Manuel Kape steps in on short notice to face Matheus Nicolau, 3/13

Kape lost that. Until he learns to start letting his hands go he'll have to deal with the losses. His fault.

Same as his first fight, he seems nervous to throw hands or attack first.

Frustrating when he seemed like the better fighter.

He seemed hesitant to attack in the first round yes, but he found his groove in round two and easily outstruck Nicholau in rounds two and three. Nicholau lost the fight in the last 5 seconds when he ran from Kape.

Kape won the fight, but MMA judges are a joke, so Kape is now 0-2 in the UFC.

Wasn't he top 3 in rizin? Damn, how low is the level of that organization? I thought he was going to be a top contender in the lackluster 125 UFC división.

GG 2 of 4 fights done. If he loses next he will get cut

Wasn't he top 3 in rizin? Damn, how low is the level of that organization? I thought he was going to be a top contender in the lackluster 125 UFC división.
Weirdly enough he was mainly a bantamweight there. He beat mccall over there.

I thought he did enough to get that decision but mma judging is always questionable. He should have gone into the guard when nicalau was down with about 2 min left after the defended takedown rather than letting him back up... could have just laid on him and would’ve got the decision

Weirdly enough he was mainly a bantamweight there. He beat mccall over there.

That may be his better weight class then. Maybe the cut to 125 affects his gas tank.

But his output was much better tonight, than it was vs Pantoja. He should've won tonight. He won rounds two and three.

Kape clearly won 2 and 3 but his style is getting exposed a bit. He had a couple performances like this in Rizin too

Round 3 had:

31 sig strikes for Kape for 43% acc
27 sig strikers for Nicolau for 52% acc

according to the UFC official stats. It was a very close round, could have gonna either way. But it was in no way a blatant robbery. Being in the center doesn’t necessarily guarantee a win. It was a good fight

Back