Manny Pacquiao has keen interest in fighting winner of Spence and Garcia

Spence could hurt Manny bad. Magarito had some success aiming at the body when Pacquiao still had his legs. A 40 yrs old Manny against Spence ? Good Lord.

Garcia at 147 is easier for Manny. Garcia likes a fighter he can maintain, but Pacquiao, even an old one, has some tricks. He always seems able to pitch that left hand cold and land it on EVERYONE. I don't know how Garcia goes for 12 rounds at 147. His ceiling may have been 140. We just don't know.

Spence fighting an all time great who is also a southpaw is interesting. Safe money on the young guy with less miles on his body. Southpaw vs southpaw makes it interesting. Pacquiao throws his left from a lot of angles and his jab isn't thrown like Spence's. Spence jabs to bully and punish and get his attack going. Pac's jab can be tricky: it sets up, but it also makes a guy move out of position or into a spot for the left hand or into his right hook. Both are at their best coming forward.

Spence KOs a prime Manny, let alone the 40 year version of him

Spence KOs a prime Manny, let alone the 40 year version of him

Spence is my favorite fighter, but I think your are minimizing just how good Pac was in his prime. He would have given Spence absolute hell.

I agree that currently Spence hurts Manny bad.

Someone needs to save Pac from himself. Hes going to get hurt badly.

Manny... I understand it is hard to walk away. But don't fight someone that could cause permanent damage... Maybe a Floyd rematch, get the money and call it an awesome career.

If you struggle a lot with Horn's pressure and physicality, a guy like Spence isn't a good choice. Manny should try to emulate Floyd and find some circus fights with no-hopers instead of fighting live bodies. He's too old and shot for this.

until someone puts a beating on Manny, I like him fighting the elite boxers

Spence could hurt Manny bad. Magarito had some success aiming at the body when Pacquiao still had his legs. A 40 yrs old Manny against Spence ? Good Lord.
That Margarito fight was BRUTAL
I watched it again last week and that was the fight that took Mannys legs from him, he was never the same in terms of his footwork and speed after that.

People dont realize how much punishment Pac had to endure he was going toe to toe with Margo on the ropes, he also got hit on the ropes with two vicious back to back body shots when he got tied up but refused to go down

I have to give Pac credit that dude has heart, Margo usually presses guys like that and they succumb like Cotto, Pac refused to take a knee, Margo kept coming too even with that busted eye.

At 40, Manny pretty much loses to any of these guys, this Broner fight is 50 50 at this stage.

We dont know if Pac aged over night like Paulie said, He said that Lucas fight is misleading becuse Lucas didnt throw nothing, to me the real Pac is the one who got mauled by Horn and gassed out after going for the KO in the 9th.

Spence, Mikey, Porter, Thurman, Danny Garcia, Ugas all destroy Pacman

Pac is 5 foot 5 and half, and 40 years old with a shattered jaw.

I think Haymon signed Pac to use him as a stepping stone, starting with Broner, he wants one of his young lions to destroy Pac to build them up.

Manny... I understand it is hard to walk away. But don't fight someone that could cause permanent damage... Maybe a Floyd rematch, get the money and call it an awesome career.
I agree, the only fight he should go after is a Floyd rematch since they both the same age. but Floyd played him, Floyd said he duped Manny to get him to sign with Haymon and wont give him a rematch so Pac is screwed now and if Broner doesn't KO Pac, then the winner of Mikey Spence will for sure.

Pac is just a stepping stone at this stage.

until someone puts a beating on Manny, I like him fighting the elite boxers
Jeff Horn beat the dog shit outta him man, that Lucas fight was a joke, Lucas just came for a dam check and laid down.
Lucas barely got touched and all of a sudden took a knee lol

the winner of spence and garcia... it's spence, because he is going to beat the shit out of mikey.

and if manny fights him, errol is going to beat the shit out of him, too.

i want spence fighting top guys at 147, not a bloated up lightweight and a 40 year old. don't waste his prime with this shit.

the winner of spence and garcia... it's spence, because he is going to beat the shit out of mikey.

and if manny fights him, errol is going to beat the shit out of him, too.

i want spence fighting top guys at 147, not a bloated up lightweight and a 40 year old. don't waste his prime with this shit.

Real shit...lol
Mikey and Manny gonna get killed because of their heart. Spence is gonna dog them both out.

I watched it again last week and that was the fight that took Mannys legs from him, he was never the same in terms of his footwork and speed after that.

People dont realize how much punishment Pac had to endure he was going toe to toe with Margo on the ropes, he also got hit on the ropes with two vicious back to back body shots when he got tied up but refused to go down

I have to give Pac credit that dude has heart, Margo usually presses guys like that and they succumb like Cotto, Pac refused to take a knee, Margo kept coming too even with that busted eye.

At 40, Manny pretty much loses to any of these guys, this Broner fight is 50 50 at this stage.

We dont know if Pac aged over night like Paulie said, He said that Lucas fight is misleading becuse Lucas didnt throw nothing, to me the real Pac is the one who got mauled by Horn and gassed out after going for the KO in the 9th.

Spence, Mikey, Porter, Thurman, Danny Garcia, Ugas all destroy Pacman

Pac is 5 foot 5 and half, and 40 years old with a shattered jaw.

I think Haymon signed Pac to use him as a stepping stone, starting with Broner, he wants one of his young lions to destroy Pac to build them up.

That’s exactly why he signed him, name value. They reeled him in with a Mayweather rematch. The real goal is to job him to Spence.

He should do a circus fight and then retire.

huh? The only brutal aspect of that fight was the beat down margarto copped. Manny barely took any big shots, a few body shots do not take the take the legs away from a fighter for the rest of his career lol. Manny was still bouncing around in the 12th. Get some glasses. You made it sound like it was such brutal war or something.

huh? The only brutal aspect of that fight was the beat down margarto copped. Manny barely took any big shots, a few body shots do not take the take the legs away from a fighter for the rest of his career lol. Manny was still bouncing around in the 12th. Get some glasses. You made it sound like it was such brutal war or something.
It wasn't an easy fight at all, just cause Pacman refused to show pain, dude is 5 foot 5 and 142 pounds in there against a guy who is 5 foot 11 and ballooned to nearly 170 and his team said it two the day of the fight Eaner who handled the gloves for Margo said Margo was 168 in the morning of the fight.

Most people get tired throwing this many shots, Margo style is to make you punch yourself out but Pac had to throw and throw and not back down, he was getting hit in exchanges on the ropes but popped out, and after the fight Pacman couldn't get out of bed to do his victory talk show rounds on TMZ and George Lopez, it came out of Pacs own mouth the Margo fight he said is when he realized his limit was 147 and that size is an issue.

Round 6 was when Pac got stuck on some rope and Margo hits him twice to the body and its clear Pac was badly hurt but he refuses to go down and fights through the pain like a warrior.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito: The Damage

pixel.gif
I was ask to breakdown the fight but people don't need a breakdown. This fight was simple. Pacquiao's speed was to much for Margarito. He was to accurate and landed at will. In the end, Pacquiao was just too good, too fast and too accurate, BUT...

What I want to bring up is the damage Margarito did to Pacquiao. While it might not seem important now, Mayweather's people will consider this in hopes of making the big fight.

Last night, Manny Pacquiao defeated Antonio Margarito in what seemed to be an easy fight. I began to see what damage Margarito was doing to Manny—damage to his body and to his spirit.

Before people start calling me a hater or some Mayweather-lover, that's not the case. What I'm pointing out is that many fighters, win or lose, who have taken damage from Margarito, have not done well in fights after receiving this kind of damage.

I'm not talking about loaded hand wraps. I'm talking about a fighter who is strong, big and hits with blunt-force trauma. Will this damage Pacquiao in future bouts?

Pacquiao was in control for the majority of the fight. Around the fifth or sixth rounds, the arena seemed in shock at the body attack Pacquiao was taking. Manny would always fire back showing his true warrior spirit.

Throughout the fight, Pacquiao would land amazingly sharp punches and stagger Margarito. Pacquiao was smart not to stand in more than he needed.

In last night's post-fight interviews, Manny Pacquiao did admit he was hurt to the body. That should make Pacquiao fans worried. Between the 11th and 12th rounds it was as if he didn't want to go.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/517280-pacquiao-vs-margarito-the-damage

Boxing Rumors: Pacquiao's Health Status Uncertain After Margarito Fight

pixel.gif
Manny Pacquiao did not come out unscathed after his bloody fight with Mexican Antonio Margarito Saturday at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Reports say Pacquiao is being checked by a doctor in his home in Los Angeles, after suffering pain from a devastating Margarito punch to his hip while trying to free himself from the ropes.

Also, apparently Pacquiao is still in pain from a rib injury caused by Margarito's powerful hook shot in the body. It was one of Margarito's power shots that caught Pacquiao, as they engaged in a toe-to-toe brawl for the vacant WBC junior middleweight crown.

Pacquiao had a prior engagement with TMZ Sports, but begged to be off due to the injury.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-uncertain-after-fight-with-antonio-margarito

Back