Media Manny Pacquiao Announces He's Fighting Floyd Mayweather In Rizin

Yeah from what I remember, Manny was the aggressor and tried to make it a fight, Floyd utilized his defense and appeared to run and back up a lot of times.
It was a huge let down considering it was billed as the fight of the century
Floyd threw more punches than Manny ….but whatever fits the agenda

Wouldnt be surprised if he does both. Pac has always had an impossible scheduel. I’m not even talking about bullshit like his singing albums and fundraisers. Manny competes regularly in national level pool/snooker games and coaches a basketball team, and even runs a small regional mma org, not to mention he owns shares in both OneFC and Rizin.

The russians/Ukrainians usually turn to politics after retirement. Manny was in congress for a large portion of his career.

Lol at him being “broek”.
Only thing broken about manny is his English.
most fighters end up broke, nothing should be unusual about that. Floyd will get there too. God bless fighters, they take care of a lot of people and do a lot of good to their own detriment. There was a great anecdote in Joe Louis' second bio, he said how he got handed a sum of cash and gave it away during the course of the day, his then second wife chewed his ass and he said "it makes me happy", she replied, "you must be insane with joy then".

Huge fan of Pacquiao but I couldn't care less for this fight. Too washed up old men fighting way past their prime. No thank you.
Pac is still unbelievably fast, I'll give him that. Other speed fighters I've seen were moving like they were underwater in their last fights, to the point where, I watched Aaron Pryor's last fight and I thought it was being played in slo-mo and Tommy Hearns wasn't much better.

most fighters end up broke, nothing should be unusual about that. Floyd will get there too. God bless fighters, they take care of a lot of people and do a lot of good to their own detriment. There was a great anecdote in Joe Louis' second bio, he said how he got handed a sum of cash and gave it away during the course of the day, his then second wife chewed his ass and he said "it makes me happy", she replied, "you must be insane with joy then".
Joe was pretty ignorant though, same as tyson. Floyd and Pac have insane amount of investments and connections. I don’t see what it has to do with them being fighters. You’re talking about guys who had no idea what to do after retirement cause all they knew was boxing.

Look at Conor, that whiskey deal made him more money than his whole mma career, including the “Money” fight, pun intended. He still competes out of boredom and considering running for mayor of dublin.

Chad Mendez said on a podcast he is much busier now than he was a fighter with the projects he’s running.

It depends on the person

Joe was pretty ignorant though, same as tyson. Floyd and Pac have insane amount of investments and connections. I don’t see what it has to do with them being fighters. You’re talking about guys who had no idea what to do after retirement cause all they knew was boxing.

Look at Conor, that whiskey deal made him more money than his whole mma career, including the “Money” fight, pun intended. He still competes out of boredom and considering running for mayor of dublin.

Chad Mendez said on a podcast he is much busier now than he was a fighter with the projects he’s running.

It depends on the person
conor isn't the type of "fighter" we're talking about, mma guys are different people and different fighters. And just because you might be a fan of todays fighters doesn't mean jack shit, they'll end up broke just like all the guys before them. Joe wasn't stupid, he knew what he was doing, that's just what the great champs have always done, they realized they were "champions" and that meant self-sacrifice, in and out of the ring. They once asked Joe what he'd do if he made the money the ali era brought in, he said he'd spent it all the same. Your feelings getting hurt won't stop your heroes from losing all their money. The only difference today is, a guy like Tyson will have so much love out here and so many avenues for his old fans to show that love, he'll be ok.

MMA has such a weird relationship with boxing.

Like MMA fans are only interested when it's irrelevant shit lol
That’s so they can say “you see boxing is dead!” That’s mostly UFC only fans, who don’t really seem to be fans of or have much knowledge about combat sports in general .

Not true

Floyd in his PBF days wasn't afraid to go toe to toe & used to KO guys. In his Money phase he became a safety first boring UD fighter, the lack of KO's also had to do with him moving up in weight along with hand issues

I feel like this is repeated far too often vs what it really was. Floyd could never punch and got some accumulation stoppages through 100s of clean blows in fights where his opponents were outmatched.

Corrales, Gatti, Manfredy maybe Ndou...the only quality opponents he ever stopped who were all stopped other times much more brutally. And seems like in every one of those he landed dozens of clean shots and had big handspeed mismatch. Pretty much all of those fights his opponents could've continued.

Floyd had Devin Haney level power.

I feel like this is repeated far too often vs what it really was. Floyd could never punch and got some accumulation stoppages through 100s of clean blows in fights where his opponents were outmatched.

Corrales, Gatti, Manfredy maybe Ndou...the only quality opponents he ever stopped who were all stopped other times much more brutally. And seems like in every one of those he landed dozens of clean shots and had big handspeed mismatch. Pretty much all of those fights his opponents could've continued.

Floyd had Devin Haney level power.
Wasn't talking about his power but mainly his mindset, even a featherfist can trade punches, in his PBF days Floyd was willing to do that where as in his Money days it was all about doing the bare minimum to coast to a comfortable UD

Huggy is worse, he cuts a huge amount of weight, against Prograis he rehydrated to 165 lbs from 140 while Regis rehydrated to 156 & the size difference between him & Loma was also obvious, & still he can't put away men much smaller than him

Back