Media Manny Pacquiao Announces He's Fighting Floyd Mayweather In Rizin

they fought? I watched a light sparring match between those two about 10 years ago but it definitely wasn't a fight
Yeah from what I remember, Manny was the aggressor and tried to make it a fight, Floyd utilized his defense and appeared to run and back up a lot of times.
It was a huge let down considering it was billed as the fight of the century

Yeah from what I remember, Manny was the aggressor and tried to make it a fight, Floyd utilized his defense and appeared to run and back up a lot of times.
It always amazes me when people would watch Floyd fight and complain about it after. He always did the same thing. He wasn't out there going toe to toe with anybody. And especially not Manny.

MMA has such a weird relationship with boxing.

Like MMA fans are only interested when it's irrelevant shit lol
Same is true the other way around as well. Boxing fans don't care about Islam's next fight, but they'd watch Chuck vs Tito 4 if it happened

It always amazes me when people would watch Floyd fight and complain about it after. He always did the same thing. He wasn't out there going toe to toe with anybody. And especially not Manny.
Yeah i think its due to Floyd being a massive trash talker in the sport. People always wanted to see him lose and got disappointed when he kept winning and winning

Yeah i think its due to Floyd being a massive trash talker in the sport. People always wanted to see him lose and got disappointed when he kept winning and winning
That's fair. I always hoped Floyd would lose but I wasn't going to watch every fight because I don't care that much about boxing. Had to watch Ngannou fight, though

I think "aggressor" is a strong word.

Conor landed more in 10 rounds than Manny did in 12

Not true

Floyd in his PBF days wasn't afraid to go toe to toe & used to KO guys. In his Money phase he became a safety first boring UD fighter, the lack of KO's also had to do with him moving up in weight along with hand issues

Back