Mankind vs The Rock 12/29/98 Dissected

Also, I remember you and a guy named Brooklyn Bomber or something like that? I know there were others as well, but their names slip my mind.

It wouldn't be my favourite raw moment but it probably is one of the best. It gets plugged huge on wwe tv today and often cited as the game changing moment.

That moment and the ending to Backlash 2000 are probably the two best feel good moments of the Attitude Era.

Also, I remember you and a guy named Brooklyn Bomber or something like that? I know there were others as well, but their names slip my mind.
Yes, Brooklyn Bomber was here as was DRH, Falconstalon, Koschekbaby, Mike, BigBurly, KForcer and Dannyboy'85.

Man, I can't quite recall you but I found the PW threads here back around 2006, shortly after I left NoDQ as a mod although I had been a longtime member here, just never ventured into the Wasteland back then.

Also, there was a period where DD (DoubleDrive) set up a chat where guys could chat during RAW, SD, and even during PPVs. And then there was the time I got dubs for saying "Chyna's clit looks like a mini dick". All of the regulars got up in arms, even DRH and for about a month, we all started posting at some ninjashoes website or something. Good times but yes, it later became posters trying to work angles on each other here. I was "friends" with most of those guys but it was always wrestling related and if it wasn't wrestling related, I used PMs.

Anyhow, I'll work on a little article for the 20th anniversary of Montreal soon. Keep it up

I've always thought this was the biggest and best moment in Raw history. As big an Austin mark as I am, I've never understood why Beer Truck 3:16 gets more play than this. It was damn near perfect.

You left out the part earlier in Raw where Mankind goes against Trips for a spot in the Rumble. Mankind gets screwed by referee Shane's fast count. Trips isn't willing to sacrifice his spot, but tells Mick "Happy New Year" and Pedigrees Shane, leaving him laying for Mankind (and foreshadowing DX helping him later), who then threatens to break Shane's goddamn shoulder unless Vince agrees to give Mankind the shot against the Rock that night. Rocky coming out to bitch at Vince about it and Vince getting pissed at him was great too.

Here's the video of that:

Great read and great moment. I think I was 12 when this went down. I was at my friends we were watching Nitro at the time and heard tony schiavone make that snide remark about Foley winning the belt and putting butts in seats

Of course being the little Foley mark that I was turned the channel immediately to see if it was true. Bischoff giving away results really backfired on him big time. That had to be my favorite year of wrestling, though it was only my second year of watching both WCW and WWF were on fire

When the glass breaks andAustin comes out to a thunderous POP from the crowd, Chair in hand, has got to be one of the greatest moment of the attitude era

U not fidect figf chair shots

Yes, Brooklyn Bomber was here as was DRH, Falconstalon, Koschekbaby, Mike, BigBurly, KForcer and Dannyboy'85.

Man, I can't quite recall you but I found the PW threads here back around 2006, shortly after I left NoDQ as a mod although I had been a longtime member here, just never ventured into the Wasteland back then.

Also, there was a period where DD (DoubleDrive) set up a chat where guys could chat during RAW, SD, and even during PPVs. And then there was the time I got dubs for saying "Chyna's clit looks like a mini dick". All of the regulars got up in arms, even DRH and for about a month, we all started posting at some ninjashoes website or something. Good times but yes, it later became posters trying to work angles on each other here. I was "friends" with most of those guys but it was always wrestling related and if it wasn't wrestling related, I used PMs.

Anyhow, I'll work on a little article for the 20th anniversary of Montreal soon. Keep it up

LOL

I remember DD putting his username on the line sometime in 2011 if Cena didn't turn heel when he faced Dolph Ziggler I wanna say a ladder match for Zig's money in the bank.

We lived through the super Cena era and a lost of smart mark venting going down in those old PWD's.

You probably don't remember me because I was a hardcore liquor. I would only log on if Zane needed to be told he was stupid or something. One thing I will say about the PWD is that there is always a Zane of some kind hanging around.

I've always wondered if they piped in crowd noise since it was taped (every other Raw was still taped until Smackdown started).

LOL

I remember DD putting his username on the line sometime in 2011 if Cena didn't turn heel when he faced Dolph Ziggler I wanna say a ladder match for Zig's money in the bank.

We lived through the super Cena era and a lost of smart mark venting going down in those old PWD's.

You probably don't remember me because I was a hardcore liquor. I would only log on if Zane needed to be told he was stupid or something. One thing I will say about the PWD is that there is always a Zane of some kind hanging around.
lol
Poor Zane.

p5m4m.jpg

Do you remember Chicken's shoot on him?

I've always wondered if they piped in crowd noise since it was taped (every other Raw was still taped until Smackdown started).
That's a great question actually..

And I can't recall chickens shoot on Zane, but I seem to recall hearing about something between them after the fact. Did dude just finally snap on him?

And I can't recall chickens shoot on Zane, but I seem to recall hearing about something between them after the fact. Did dude just finally snap on him?
Zane got mad about getting dubbed in another subforum and was bitching about it to chkn. "Keep hiding behind your blue shield." Chkn's shoot on him was short but brutal. "You're a walking meme and the only reason you haven't been banned is because you'd probably kill yourself without Sherdog and none of us want that on our conscience."

Zane got mad about getting dubbed in another subforum and was bitching about it to chkn. "Keep hiding behind your blue shield." Chkn's shoot on him was short but brutal. "You're a walking meme and the only reason you haven't been banned is because you'd probably kill yourself without Sherdog and none of us want that on our conscience."
Chicken Hawk. Holy shit, it's coming back to me now a little bit.

He was knowledgeable about older stuff from the territory days but you could not say a single bad thing about Bill Watts ever. It would rustle the shit out of him.

This was around the last time I really frequented the PW section.

Whatever happened to Zane? I know what happened to Chkn and we actually chatted a bit when he was out for a bit and got back on the PC...Crazy too because Chkn was honest about his job, even talked about how many people moved that stuff and he ended up doing the same thing.

Back