MANDY (2018) starring Nic Cage

Eh, I basically live on Kodi these days. But I take it it's very much worth the watch?
Absolutely. I can't recommend it enough.
But, your mileage may vary. As I'm sure you've ascertained by this thread it's a very polarizing film. Some people hate it, others can't even make it through the first 30 - 40 mins or so. While others, like HenryFlower & I, consider it a modern day genre classic.

But, your mileage may vary. As I'm sure you've ascertained by this thread it's a very polarizing film. Some people hate it, others can't even make it through the first 30 - 40 mins or so. While others, like HenryFlower & I, consider it a modern day genre classic.
I get down like Henry and Diz, if they're telling me to watch then I'm probably gonna love it. Starting it now, we'll see.

Last edited:
I dunno who the actor who played the villain is (Linus Roache, I've never seen him before in other movies) but he did an amazing job.

I dunno who the actor who played the villain is (Linus Roache, I've never seen him before in other movies) but he did an amazing job.

Linus Roache - he also plays the White House Chief of Staff David Wellington on the most recent season of Homeland, which he was also very good in.

804_7_0_prm-wellington_1024x640.jpg

And I agree, he was great in Mandy. Quite a range, playing a backwoods hick druggie cult scumbag, and a polished Washington DC politician.

And so naturally of course, he’s secretly British in real life.

I do think that's the way to look at it, its not really an arthouse horror film like say Berberian Sound Studio but a truer genre film with a crazy visual style style to it like Suspiria.

It sounds a bit mundane but on a basic level one issue I had was...

The crazy bikers seem like the real threat and when Cage has finished with them the cultists themselves don't seem to present much of one. You could argue I spose the film kind of shifts at that point and Cage himself becomes more of the monster

Last edited:
I´ve got to admit.

Mandy, starring Nic Cage is one of the trippiest movies I have ever seen. I guess it would have been more full effect together with a joint, but those smoking days are long gone.

Cage is one of my favourite actors, so I watch anything with him, even though I know the rest of the movie sucks. He is so intense, and with the right director and script, he will become a power house. Sadly the last good movie with him was Army of One (2016), but between all the money grabbing movies, I know there will come a movie that will remind all the haters how ridiculous great of an actor he is.

The director of this movie is someone I have never heard of, but one can notice quickly he has an eye for the visual, with some really memoralbe scenes in it.

A surprisingly good revenge movie.

8/10

TkDElBC.jpg

FhmBGH0.jpg
LMAO, I'm watching this movie right now and came to this thread to bump it with my thoughts and POST THAT EXACT SAME FIRST IMAGE. its actually REALLY tripping me out how that first picture is the EXACT same moment I screen capped and was going to post, like down to the 1/10th of a second.

image I grabbed to post:

aw4tHnQ.jpg

this movie is fucking wild

Mandy is what they call molly across the pond so thought it was going to be about that.

Oh man I want to see this but it's not playing where I am. The visuals in the trailer make it look Refn-esque.

LMAO, I'm watching this movie right now and came to this thread to bump it with my thoughts and POST THAT EXACT SAME FIRST IMAGE. its actually REALLY tripping me out how that first picture is the EXACT same moment I screen capped and was going to post, like down to the 1/10th of a second.

image I grabbed to post:

aw4tHnQ.jpg

Yeah, it sure is.
I just watched it for the fourth, no, actually, the fifth time since this past November when I first saw it. I love the damn thing. Every time that I watch it I catch something that I hadn't noticed about it before during my previous viewings.
I'm so damned obsessed with MANDY that I ordered a replica t-shirt of the one that Cage is wearing in the above screen capture. Although, I got the black short sleeved version without those brown sleeves.
I should own the Blu-ray but I haven't bought it yet because I can watch it any time I want via my Shudder subscription. I'll eventually but the Blu though.

image I grabbed to post:

aw4tHnQ.jpg

What are you saying? My print screen from VLC is not a copy you found online, but your own? You scare me.

My buddy fell asleep during the day here first half and missed the bad ass second half. I thought the movie was on of the better movies I've seen in a while.

Yeah, it sure is.
I just watched it for the fourth, no, actually, the fifth time since this past November when I first saw it. I love the damn thing. Every time that I watch it I catch something that I hadn't noticed about it before during my previous viewings.
I'm so damned obsessed with MANDY that I ordered a replica t-shirt of the one that Cage is wearing in the above screen capture. Although, I got the black short sleeved version without those brown sleeves.
I should own the Blu-ray but I haven't bought it yet because I can watch it any time I want via my Shudder subscription. I'll eventually but the Blu though.

Definitely get the blu! It's a beautifully shot movie

For various reasons I'm staying awake throughout tonight. Decided to watch Mandy to pass the time. Good choice. This movie is buttfucking insane.

I fucking loved this movie so much.

Back