Man shoots armadillo then ends up in hospital

Must not have been using FMJ.

If they never found the animal, how do they know the bullet didn't just ricochet off something else close to it? Like a rock or other hard surface?

Anyway, lol at the idiot having to get his jaw wired shut.

Thanks op. Hunting accidents always get my juices flowing.

Thanks op. Hunting accidents always get my juices flowing.

Its not a hunting accident, per se. I'm from Texas so let me run it down for you. In Texas, especially if you live in a rural area, armadillos will come into your lawn and destroy it. By destroy it, I mean dig holes all over it, big, deep holes. Do thousands of dollars worth of damage if you let them.

So basically, the only way to stop them is you either release a really large dog with powerful jaws on them, or you walk outside with a gun and you shoot them. Its just the way it is, that is, if you want to keep your lawn or garden or whatever they are into.

This is the most ridiculous story I've seen in a while. Guy gets shot and has to come up with an excuse. People actually believe that a bullet ricocheted off an armadillo back at him? A bullet could ricochet off an armadillo if it hits at an angle but it would have to be a direct hit to come back at the shooter and it would penetrate the armadillo.

He might have shot at an armadillo and missed and the bullet ricocheted off something else, like concrete.

Its not a hunting accident, per se. I'm from Texas so let me run it down for you. In Texas, especially if you live in a rural area, armadillos will come into your lawn and destroy it. By destroy it, I mean dig holes all over it, big, deep holes. Do thousands of dollars worth of damage if you let them.

So basically, the only way to stop them is you either release a really large dog with powerful jaws on them, or you walk outside with a gun and you shoot them. Its just the way it is, that is, if you want to keep your lawn or garden or whatever they are into.

So let me get this straight because it's not easy to get my head around. Preserving the aesthetic appeal of one's garden is worth killing for?

another story
Lee County Sheriff's deputies said 54-year-old Larry McElroy was outside when he fired his 9 mm pistol at the armadillo. The bullet killed the animal, but also ricocheted off of it, hit a fence, went through the back door of his mother-in-law's mobile home, through a recliner she was sitting in, and into her back.

http://m.walb.com/walb/db_348330/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=G0atb2o

time to Ban Armadillo.

So let me get this straight because it's not easy to get my head around. Preserving the aesthetic appeal of one's garden is worth killing for?

they like p-dogs. they wreck shit up. its not just yards but land around golf courses,highways and air fields that could weaken the ground under the run way and cause plance crashes and such.

Karmadillo
face-off-gif.gif

KARRRRMADILLO! KARMADILLO KARMADILLO! KARMADILLLLLLLOOOOOoooOOOO...

Yea I don't mean the flowers in your front lawn, I mean a place where you grow food. Texans kill any armadillo that comes on the property. You have to try to understand, armadillos do thousands of dollars of damage to your property. You will not have a lawn left, they will actually dig under the foundation of your house if you let them. You have to kill the fuckers.

It's his own fault for using such an underpowered joke of a round

Should've used a bigger gun, guy was obviously an import, not a native Texan.

No. He did not say aesthetic appeal, nor did he say garden. Dense? Or trying to rustle jimmies?

Back