Man shoots armadillo then ends up in hospital

:icon_lol:

I've trapped and transported away no less than ten squirrels this season. They never stop looking for places to nest the little shits. Rats with bushy tails.

Handful of field mice too.

Me and a friend even transported a skunk for someone who trapped it on their property just a few weekends ago.

It's really not that difficult. You get the traps once and set em when you need to. The most trouble you go through is driving them the proper locations/distances away so that they wont simply return for more (skunks go to enemies properties).

See that's what I'm talking about. A little compassion is all we need. Good man brother bear.

The only pests and nuisances I've ever had negatively impacting my quality of life have been of the human variety but the law deems that I can't simply blow them away or dispatch them in some other violent manner for inconveniencing me.

Never dealt with nuisance animals? I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're a city dweller who lives in an apartment building with a building manager, maintenance staff and exterminators that kill things on your behalf so that you are not inconvenienced and don't need to get blood on your hands, but don't let that keep you off your high horse.

For most people who have to deal with nuisance animals killing them is usually the quickest and cheapest option and I guess for those who like pointing their big guns at small vulnerable creatures and blasting them into oblivion it gives them a little extra thrill too. There are always other non lethal options and though they might require a little extra thought, ingenuity and expense I think if you value all life they are the only way to go.

Why would I value the life of vermin that damage my property and annoy me? Live traps are an option, but they are not always practical. Sometimes you can trap and transport, but then you're probably just going to be giving your problem to somebody else unless you go a ways into the wilderness. Better to just transport them to hell via bullet train. Perhaps one day you'll be fortunate enough to deal with a skunk infestation, have your ideals tested, and actually earn your smug self-righteousness, but I suspect that your love and understanding would evaporate rather quickly in the face of their smelly onslaught.

Never dealt with nuisance animals? I'm going to go ahead and guess that you're a city dweller who lives in an apartment building with a building manager, maintenance staff and exterminators that kill things on your behalf so that you are not inconvenienced and don't need to get blood on your hands, but don't let that keep you off your high horse.

Why would I value the life of vermin that damage my property and annoy me? Live traps are an option, but they are not always practical. Sometimes you can trap and transport, but then you're probably just going to be giving your problem to somebody else unless you go a ways into the wilderness. Better to just transport them to hell via bullet train. Perhaps one day you'll be fortunate enough to deal with a skunk infestation, have your ideals tested, and actually earn your smug self-righteousness, but I suspect that your love and understanding would evaporate rather quickly in the face of their smelly onslaught.

What's wrong my friend? You seem rather agitated. How very sad that you have so much hatred for other animals that are only trying to get by in life. You talk about them with real malice, as though you somehow believe they actually do these perceived annoying things to you with real ill intent, like they have any choice in their actions. Breaking news.... they don't. Now I suggest you go off and lie down in a cool dark room for a while and try to cultivate a little compassion because right now you sound like a thoroughly unpleasant human being.

Perhaps one day you'll be fortunate enough to deal with a skunk infestation, have your ideals tested, and actually earn your smug self-righteousness, but I suspect that your love and understanding would evaporate rather quickly in the face of their smelly onslaught.

I have skunks living in my yard. I leave them alone. They only come out at night when I'm asleep. I have no issues with them in my yard ... and they're cute, but you're too much of an asshole to understand that.

So let me get this straight because it's not easy to get my head around. Preserving the aesthetic appeal of one's garden is worth killing for?

Change your tampon. I'm sure you've killed flies/ants/spiders before because they are pests.

I have skunks living in my yard. I leave them alone. They only come out at night when I'm asleep. I have no issues with them in my yard ... and they're cute, but you're too much of an asshole to understand that.

Good for you, enjoy your skunks. I do not enjoy mine as they spray my dogs, stink up the yard and leave the dogs reeking of skunk for days. I do not appreciate it and cuteness does not earn them a free pass, so I'll continue to trap, shoot and kill them until they are gone from my yard.

I have a high strung Indian friend that has a problem with armadillos on his property. He asked a redneck lady we work with if she knew of any old country tips to get rid of them. The lady told him to spread pepper all over his yard. The next week he reported to the lady and I that things were worse than ever and now in addition to digging holes, the armadillos were loudly sneezing. It turns out he used black instead of red pepper. Was a legit lol moment to hear this.

What's wrong my friend? You seem rather agitated. How very sad that you have so much hatred for other animals that are only trying to get by in life. You talk about them with real malice, as though you somehow believe they actually do these perceived annoying things to you with real ill intent, like they have any choice in their actions. Breaking news.... they don't. Now I suggest you go off and lie down in a cool dark room for a while and try to cultivate a little compassion because right now you sound like a thoroughly unpleasant human being.

I'm not your friend, pal. I don't have hatred for nuisance animals, they are just stupid animals trying to survive. I do hate having to deal with the damage and inconvenience that they cause however, and I see no reason to continue to put up with it if I can be rid of them. If that means killing them, so be it. The lives of individual skunks, rac****s, rats, etc do not mean so much to me that I'm willing to allow them to live at my expense. If that makes me unpleasant to you, I say that you're simply naive.

:icon_lol:

I've trapped and transported away no less than ten squirrels this season. They never stop looking for places to nest the little shits. Rats with bushy tails.

Handful of field mice too.

Me and a friend even transported a skunk for someone who trapped it on their property just a few weekends ago.

It's really not that difficult. You get the traps once and set em when you need to. The most trouble you go through is driving them the proper locations/distances away so that they wont simply return for more (skunks go to enemies properties).

And as for people talking about Leprosy danger, it's not that serious:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-armadillos-can-spread-leprosy-180954440/?no-ist

This is another good post itt other than AgentSmecker.

EDIT:
I decided to edit this post WITH information to help armadillo problem instead of just posting substance-less replies itt.

For people that actually cares, I have seen farming shows that how to avoid "pests" in farms, lawns for this case. Plant something that have a strong smell. Because creatures like these, moles included, have a strong sense of smell and having these plants will deter them from entering your area. Plants like Basil, Rosemary, Chilli Plant should help. There are tons of other plants the can help if you do some research.

But I agree with AgentSmecker that people that shoots them tend to have the thrill of killing some shit anyway but doesn't want to admit. So meh~ You guys will just continue shooting instead of planting things that can not only beautify your garden/lawn but also deter your so-called "pest".

Last edited:
They often get so engrossed with their head in a hole digging that you can sneak up and tap them on the back. It is entertaining, they fly up in the air like they are spring loaded.

They are a bane especially to people with cattle, horses, etc.. The holes they dig are the perfect size and shape to snap a leg even for people.

I call bull shit. I've killed those things with a 30-30 and even a 22.

That dude hit something else to get that ricochet, no way it bounced off the animal.

Media sensationalism

this would have never made the news if it had happened in a commie state

Lol @ agent smegma and the green peace patrol getting demolished in this thread. Armadillos are nothing but large rats and nuisance pests. Getting made at someone for shooting an armadillo is like getting pissed off at someone setting up rat traps in their basement or spraying for cockroaches.

At least Semgs is a well known animal rights imbecile, but i find it hilarious the other few people in this thread crying Karma and laughing in joy while they chow down on whatever butchered piece of chemical stuffed "meat" product they bought at walmart.

These are the same guys that get hard on over Cecil the lion. Hey guess what five elephants were poached in the same park on the same day Cecil the lion was killed but Let's ignore the endangered species being brought to extinction right before our eyes and cry about the few lions that get shot each year by a couple dozen white guys rich enough to pay for a $50,000 permit. Meanwhile the park rangers are literally actively participating in the poaching or endangered species that are killed by the hundreds every month.

Dude. I'm in your team. Perfect post.

Back