Crime Man leads police on high speed chase, shoots at officers while on Facebook live. Protests ensue

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Police attempted to stop Dreasjon Reed who fled reaching speeds of 90 mph. Police called off chase but then he was spotted pulling into a parking lot. He gets out of the car and runs. Police try to tase him but it does not work. He pulls out a gun and fires at police who then shoot and kill him: he was broadcasting on Facebook live.

Angry protests ensue as is standard procedure when a “good man who loves his family” is shot by police. He brags during the video that he has something for officers and he is not going back to jail.

The only issue I have with police in this incident is one of the black officers involved says “looks like it’s gonna be a closed casket, homie.”

His family said his gold toothed smile was infectious. Another pillar of the community lost to police violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/indianapolis-man-fatally-shot-police-after-chase-streamed-encounter-facebook-n1202141

That guy was begging to die, be it by cops, someone else or his own stupidity.

He was asking for it. To many mentally unstable people roaming the streets nowadays

He was on his way to buy college books until those racist road pirates spotted him! Burn everything to the ground!

The perp and the cops can both be awful which the video shows to be true. Not really hard for normal people, who don't lick boot, to realize.
Also lol @ NHB trying to make this a rah rah cop thread, when the link he posted highlights a cop running over a pregnant woman that same night
https://apnews.com/a31356763c03d169a149cc50ab21caf5

Also disingenuously fails to mention that a lot of the criticism of police here is not that a responding officer exchanged gunfire with a suspect, but that a bunch of shithead piggies showed up afterwords and were caught on film making weird jokes and basically celebrating the incident.

Running from the cops is one thing... firing at cops... Well u get what you deserve then...

this all assuming he actually did fire at cops (and it wasn’t a planted weapon). Sorry but The last few stories have me mistrusting what police will claim Lately..

Anybody notice the little story about the cop that hit and killed a pregnant woman on a highway ramp. Why the fuck did they slide that bit in there like that???

Running from the cops is one thing... firing at cops... Well u get what you deserve then...

this all assuming he actually did fire at cops (and it wasn’t a planted weapon). Sorry but The last few stories have me mistrusting what police will claim Lately..

Anybody notice the little story about the cop that hit and killed a pregnant woman on a highway ramp. Why the fuck did they slide that bit in there like that???
Because most major cities are experiencing little to no death/murder during the lockdown, but Indy had 3 weird ass incidents in a matter of 8 hrs. (police killing this dude while he streamed on FB, cops running over the preggo lady, and a psycho with a rifle firing on police from his apartment)
All in all just another day in retarded ass America.
I have zero problem with a cop shooting someone who is shooting at them. My dislike of the situation is purely because of what was caught on the recording with the turdbag cop-mafia celebration of the kid's death.

This guy was a moron, and he got what he asked for. I don't see how this could have gone any other way.

But when cops stand over a dead body and say shit like "looks like it's going to be a closed casket, homie", you get a clear glimpse into the mind of some of these people. And it's unsettling to see such a serious matter joked about by someone that is supposed to be a professional officer of the law.

Didn't see the live video as I'm watching old PRIDE events. What was he listening to during the chase?

I think this says more about the generation growing up with facebook live and youtube and the rest.

Their friends have subs and followers and the pressure they have to try to fit in. Kids recording themselves shooting at random houses. Some 18 year old and 10 seconds kids start chaturbates and onlyfans with no thought to consequences down the line.

That being said, get this fool out of the gene pool.

Here he is shooting at random houses for views.

He didn't have a mask on. Not proper social distancing. Good shoot.

The perp and the cops can both be awful which the video shows to be true. Not really hard for normal people, who don't lick boot, to realize.
Also lol @ NHB trying to make this a rah rah cop thread, when the link he posted highlights a cop running over a pregnant woman that same night
https://apnews.com/a31356763c03d169a149cc50ab21caf5

Also disingenuously fails to mention that a lot of the criticism of police here is not that a responding officer exchanged gunfire with a suspect, but that a bunch of shithead piggies showed up afterwords and were caught on film making weird jokes and basically celebrating the incident.

Protesters converged on the first shooting scene Wednesday night, and dozens more gathered Thursday at the City County Building in downtown Indianapolis. Many wore face masks aimed at reducing the spread of the coronavirus and at times shouted, “No justice, no peace.” Several carried Black Lives Matter flags and signs.

:rolleyes:

The habitual conflating of all shootings into one category, whether 'cops shot him because he's black' or 'he should have just complied' doesn't work and dos everyone a disservice. Bad shoots should be treated like crimes. Justified shootings should be treated as ugly but necessary. Protesting this incident could undercut other more reasonably protested shootings or incidents of police brutality.

We've got some threads up where the shootings seem no bueno. But here, unless we are missing key info, shooting this fool seemed like the right thing to do given the context. Protesting this seems anti-social.

The only issue I have with police in this incident is one of the black officers involved says “looks like it’s gonna be a closed casket, homie.”

It's better if you drop the "homie" off the end and read it in Arnie's voice.

The habitual conflating of all shootings into one category, whether 'cops shot him because he's black' or 'he should have just complied' doesn't work and dos everyone a disservice. Bad shoots should be treated like crimes. Justified shootings should be treated as ugly but necessary. Protesting this incident could undercut other more reasonably protested shootings or incidents of police brutality.

We've got some threads up where the shootings seem no bueno. But here, unless we are missing key info, shooting this fool seemed like the right thing to do given the context. Protesting this seems anti-social.

I guess as has been pointed out, the shooting as such seems to have been fine, the follow-up seems to have triggered people.

Back