Law Man aquitted after shooting YouTube Prankster

Maybe the jury , like most people, are just sick of these YT / Social media pranksters and wanted to send a message, who knows?? Juries have given large monetary verdicts, to send a message.

From the video it does not look like the food delivery guy was in imminent danger. What exactly did the prankster do that was life threatening to the shooter?
I get that pulling a gun seems excessive, but there's a giant dude and his friend who are in the guy's face and won't leave him alone. He probably thought he was about to be mugged, and in the video he legit looks scared.

Still, pulling out a gun and shooting it in a mall full of people is extremely dangerous. He's lucky he didn't hit a bystander.

Last edited:
In America, you don't know what's going to happen next. It's assumed that everyone is carrying. This is more than being annoying. This is someone invading your space and getting physical with you...completely unprovoked...and you're a delivery driver who potentially has been reading about other delivery drivers getting jacked.

I think the lesson here is don't physically get in people's faces unprovoked. What are people supposed to do? Just allow random assholes to shove them around and treat them like a bitch? They get a free pass to be a piece of shit? Nah, that's what emboldens these pricks. They gotta learn. Sometimes the hard way.

I'm more of an eye for an eye and equal reaction kind of guy. The Uber driver getting punched and a gun shoved to his head, I would have cheered on him shooting and ending their miserable lives. A guy sticking a camera in your face being a douchebag? Slapping it outside of his hand or shoving him out of your way seems like the appropriate response. I just can't justify shooting someone that is not an equal threat but agree to disagree. I would have had no problem with the other guy judo tossing him on his head.

If not finding somebody's jokes funny was a good reason to shoot, I'd be dead about 30 thousand times over.

Assuming your jokes don't involve getting in a complete stranger's personal space.

Assuming your jokes don't involve getting in a complete stranger's personal space.

Nah. I don't think this guy was trying to be funny though. He was trying to force people into uncomfortable situations in order to use the footage for notoriety and monetary gain.

Thats not really a joke, it's closer to highway robbery or something.

I'm more of an eye for an eye and equal reaction kind of guy. The Uber driver getting punched and a gun shoved to his head, I would have cheered on him shooting and ending their miserable lives. A guy sticking a camera in your face being a douchebag? Slapping it outside of his hand or shoving him out of your way seems like the appropriate response. I just can't justify shooting someone that is not an equal threat but agree to disagree. I would have had no problem with the other guy judo tossing him on his head.

My main point is that anyone who goes out of their way to get a rise out of people like Youtube pranksters do, are gambling with their lives, and deserve whatever they get. You can't regulate how people are gonna react to some random asshole coming up to you and acting threatening and about to do God knows what. They thought they had their ultimate prey in this unassuming small dude, and got what was coming to them. That guy doesn't have much of an option to be physically imposing and turn it around on the two dudes that could likely beat him to a pulp if he tried to physically resist them with his body. If nobody is gonna curb this behavior, society will.

Every one of these fucking idiots should be catching serious time for being a public menace. "Pranking" should be outlawed, to the point where people are afraid to do it, because they're just a phone call away from serving five to ten. Short of that, some people are gonna have to find out the hard way not to be an asshole to strangers.

I get that pulling a gun seems excessive, but there's a giant dude and his friend who are in the guy's face and won't leave him alone. He probably thought he was about to be mugged, and in the video he legit looks scared.

Still, pulling out a gun and shooting it in a mall full of people is extremely dangerous. He's lucky he didn't hit a bystander.

He didn't even try to create space, and there was no direct threat made. If this shoot is good than I guess it's okay to blast away at everybody who mouths off at you.

He didn't even try to create space

He literally shouted "NO!" and tried to walk away from them. They pursued. Creating space was impossible, because the whole goal of those retards is to get in people's faces and make them uncomfortable. They weren't going to leave the guy alone. They wanted to make the guy freak out. Well, he freaked out. Just not in the "Check out this fucking dork! Lulz! Like, subscribe, and hit that bell" kind of way.

Just learned the defendant couldn't make bail and has been imprisoned for 6 months, and he's still in jail because of the guilty verdict for 'discharging a firearm in public.'

This is what happens when leftists secure power in the justice system.
Leftist? Really?

The bail system keeps people all over the country. Look up Georgia or Alabama's system.

Mixed feelings. The prank guy seems a complete douchebag (complete with sideways hat) and, I have to admit that I chuckled at the video (which is probably not the appropriate response). That said, we can't normalize violence and especially freaking shooting someone over someone being annoying.

At worst, I could accept the guy getting decked, but shooting and potentially killing someone is going too far.
The delivery driver was just going to "deck" someone 15 years younger and 70 lbs heavier than him? Not to mention, chubs had at least two buddies with him.

Damn the Uber guy went from 0 to 60 in a split of a second. What if the guy he shot wasn't a YouTuber who was looking to provoke people for views? Would the reaction still be warranted. I'm honestly leaning towards no

Anyway I don't feel sorry for the prankster ^^ who got shot. I guess the decision was right given the circumstance and being that the YouTuber survived

Seemed pretty unnecessary to fire the weapon.

The delivery driver was lucky the jury sided with him.

Last edited:
What if he had missed and ended up hitting an innocent person or the bullet that hit the YouTuber also ends up hitting an innocent person.

Something has changed with the prank.

It used to be that when the prank was revealed the victims immediate reaction is relief and then seeing the humor in it.

like everybody acting like they forgot your birthday and then revealing they didn’t forget…or you think you’re in a legal jam but then it’s revealed you aren’t.

how was this guy supposed to feel when it was revealed that the guy harassing and being asshole to him was..harassing him and being an asshole to him to upload on the internet?

that’s why you got shot

im totally ok with that shooting.... especially for a giant guy messing with people for YouTube.

Something has changed with the prank.

In fairness, not really. My generation bred these motherfuckers with Jackass, Ali G, and Tom Green. Granted, they were a bit more...umm...I'm struggling to use the word "professional", but I guess we'll go with that. Now we have millions and millions of amateurs with cameras trying to ape them, and they're far less creative.

What if he had missed and ended up hitting an innocent person or the bullet that hit the YouTuber also ends up hitting an innocent person.
then it would be a different discussion.

Back