Malignaggi on Maywather-GGG talks "Ask GGG to move up one & fight Andre Ward"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Do you agree or disagree with Paulie? I say you can say the same for Ward. Hes cleared out the division, so it makes more sense to him to move up and fight Kovalev when GGG still has as cotto-canelo fight waiting for him as well.

Agree with him and Ward is on his way up.

I actually agree with Paulie here. And goddamn this Mayweather/GGG thing is annoying. It'll never happen. Why the hell do so many people keep mentioning it? My guess is that everyone would love to see Floyd get knocked out. Can't blame them there. That would be awesome. But Floyd is infinitely more talented than GGG or anybody GGG has faced. There is nothing GGG has over Floyd except size and power, and that wouldn't be enough.

#paulieslifematters

I agree with Paulie, though I do think Floyd/GGG is more competitive than Ward/GGG

Agree with Paulie.

#slimisaretard

I actually agree with Paulie here. And goddamn this Mayweather/GGG thing is annoying. It'll never happen. Why the hell do so many people keep mentioning it? My guess is that everyone would love to see Floyd get knocked out. Can't blame them there. That would be awesome. But Floyd is infinitely more talented than GGG or anybody GGG has faced. There is nothing GGG has over Floyd except size and power, and that wouldn't be enough.

#paulieslifematters
What's with the hashtag? Did I miss the birth of a new sherdog meme

We've talked about this exact topic in at least a dozen different threads. We do not need a new thread made every time Paulie is interviewed, this is getting ridiculous.

I made a comment about Pac fans wishing Paulie dead, obviously figuratively speaking. Slim has latched onto it because he can never let anything go and he's a fucking idiot who has never posted anoriginal thought on this forum ever. He's made the same joke like 300 times over the past couple of weeks.

There was a thread where people were making fun of Paulie. Seano responded by saying people "wanted Paulie dead" for talking about Pac. It spawned the hashtag.

I made a comment about Pac fans wishing Paulie dead, obviously figuratively speaking. Slim has latched onto it because he can never let anything go and he's a fucking idiot who has never posted anoriginal thought on this forum ever. He's made the same joke like 300 times over the past couple of weeks.

50ee4879afa96f2a2400e37c.gif

Paulie should man up and fight Canelo.

Hasn't Golovkin said on more than one occasion that he'd move up to fight Ward? GGG has said in interviews he will take any big fight he can get between 154 - 168lbs.

Hasn't Golovkin said on more than one occasion that he'd move up to fight Ward? GGG has said in interviews he will take any big fight he can get between 154 - 168lbs.

They want Ward to accept a catchweight of 164. If Froch hadn't retired, it would have been at 168.

Think about that for a minute.

They want Ward to accept a catchweight of 164. If Froch hadn't retired, it would have been at 168.

Thought about it hmm seems pretty normal its not smart to move up and fight the best guy for your first fight at a higher weight class.

So whats your point? I mean the same thing could be said about ward why did he not go right up to 175 and fight Kovalev instead he had a fight at a catchweight with a c ranked fighter from 175.

Thought about it hmm seems pretty normal its not smart to move up and fight the best guy for your first fight at a higher weight class.

So whats your point? I mean the same thing could be said about ward why did he not go right up to 175 and fight Kovalev instead he had a fight at a catchweight with a c ranked fighter from 175.

The catchweight offer is obviously a way out of fighting Ward altogether, while blaming him. Why demand a catchweight from the #1 guy in the division, while wanting to fight a guy he beat at the limit. If you complain about Cotto's catch weights, you should hate them all.

Paul Smith's previous two before Ward were at 168 against Arthur Abraham for his belt, so you're wrong there. Ward had also been off for almost two years, so he wasn't on Kovalev's radar by June.

Ward didnt call out everyone at 175 and then fight Smith. He wanted to test out how he feels at a higher weight before making the full time move up.

The catchweight offer is obviously a way out of fighting Ward altogether, while blaming him. Why demand a catchweight from the #1 guy in the division, while wanting to fight a guy he beat at the limit. If you complain about Cotto's catch weights, you should hate them all.

Paul Smith's previous two before Ward were at 168 against Arthur Abraham for his belt, so you're wrong there. Ward had also been off for almost two years, so he wasn't on Kovalev's radar by June.

So its fine when Ward has a catch weight but not when someone asks him for one? I mean i get it guys you all want GGG to fight ward because you feel he will lose just because he said he would fight anyone from 154 to 168. But i never recall him saying that He would ever fight ward first at 168.

GGG already said he was not really worried about ward right now calm down im sure he will fight him when he move up after a big payday fight with cotto or canelo but not before then.

So its fine when Ward has a catch weight but not when someone asks him for one? I mean i get it guys you all want GGG to fight ward because you feel he will lose just because he said he would fight anyone from 154 to 168. But i never recall him saying that He would ever fight ward first at 168.

GGG already said he was not really worried about ward right now calm down im sure he will fight him when he move up after a big payday fight with cotto or canelo but not before then.

Apples to oranges. Ward never said he was going down. Ward said when he goes up, if he goes up, it would be permanent.

Back