News Makwan Amirkhani gets new opponent for UFC 267; Will now face undefeated Lerone Murphy

WAR Makwan Amirkhani
nice that found an opponent !
Makwan_Amirkhani.jpg

Reactions: Gio
If only he could fight all the Andy Ogles of the world

This Lerone kid is the real deal, methinks. Big power standing, excellent grappling and top control, GnP that finishes fights, and a gas tank that holds up under duress. He's quick, strong as hell, and likes to have a proppa tearup in there and I'm gonna enjoy watching him hand Mr. Iran his ass.

I think Murphy hands Makwan his walking papers. This is the most active Makwan has been since signing with the UFC, but he's about to hit a 3-fight losing streak.
How's he afford to live? Like wtf does he do on his down time?

I'm glad this is happening. My boy Charles Jourdain dodged a bullet when Lerone pulled out of their fight

How's he afford to live? Like wtf does he do on his down time?

I think he is somewhat famous in Finland, enough for him to take advantage of some avenues whether it be TV gigs and shit like that

Probably has his hands in the drug trade. Seriously. Syrian dude in Scandinavia, he definitely knows some people.
He probably has some connections, Makwan wasn’t one to decline a invitation to a good party. He left that life behind in the last couple or so years and doesn’t party anything like he did before.

As for how he affords to live? He made a shit ton of money (compared to a regular 9-to-5 fella) in his early years of UFC. When he knocked out Ogle in 8 seconds in Sweden he rose to a lower level celebrity status in here. His looks certainly helped. He got sponsorship deals, made commercials (for Huawei for example) etc. and so on.

Now he’s fought more and gets paid more often. I don’t think he’s associated with any drug stuff or the like, he made surprisingly good money already.

Hope he shows up and had a good weight cut this time. He claimed that his weight cut failed him the last time and he had zero energy to do anything. He had to go to a hospital after the fight because his body was shutting down.

So I expect to see a energetic performance from ”Maku” and I think everyone agrees that he needs to get this fight to the ground. Not really a sub or bust, but he needs takedowns, ground control time and threaten with subs and gnp.

Can't remember much of the Lerone Murphy other than that people have been saying he is a super bright prospect

any objective opinions on this guy? is it champ material?

Can't remember much of the Lerone Murphy other than that people have been saying he is a super bright prospect

Probably too early to tell where he's going, but he's legit

I don't think so but he'll be a top 10 guy for sure

And thus ends the epic tale of "Mach-1" will no doubt enter Sherdog legend along with young prospects Erick Silva & Sage Northcutt and the mighty Papy Abedi.

Looked like he might have had some teeth knocked out there.

Back