Making a Murderer Update - Brenden Dassey Conviction Overturned

Misread this the first time

The above makes reference to the retarded nephew.

Figures, he was railroaded.

How about the Steven? When is his conviction going to be quashed. The whole thing was bs.

Retards love rail travel. I should know. I work with retards. Vote Hillary.
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg

Pat Healy: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good ship. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...
Mary: They keep him in a cage?
Pat Healy: Well, it's just an enclosure...
Mary: No, but they keep him confined?
Pat Healy: Right, yeah.
Mary: That's bullshit!
Pat Healy: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.
Mary: A leash?
Pat Healy: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed.

This kid right here has 0 sympathy from me

If he is so fucking stupid that he lied to the cops and told them he did it then he deserves to be in prision

We dont need retards like this walking the streets

They don't like to be called "Retards" they prefer to be called "Feminists"

Pat Healy: We got this one kid, Mongo... He's got a forehead like a drive-in movie theatre, but he's a good ship. So we don't bust his chops too much. So, one day Mongo gets out of his cage...
Mary: They keep him in a cage?
Pat Healy: Well, it's just an enclosure...
Mary: No, but they keep him confined?
Pat Healy: Right, yeah.
Mary: That's bullshit!
Pat Healy: Well, that's what I said! So, I went out and I got him, uh, I got him a leash.
Mary: A leash?
Pat Healy: Yeah, one of those ones you can hook on the clothesline, and he can run back and forth and, uh, there's plenty of room for him to dig and play. That kid is really, uh, he's really blossomed.

Matt-Dillon---NEWS.ashx

Goddamn I love that movie. Dillon as Healy was gold.

In the same respect, the courts didn't overturn the decision based on evidence, but rather failures in due process. That doesn't mean he is not a murderer. The case was fumbled so many times that it is mind boggling. The courts made the decision to convict, but the fruit of the poisonous tree and piss poor lawyering killed the case ultimately.

In the end, most who claim his innocence don't understand the court system. When you take someone's liberty and freedom, you'd better do it justly and fairly which they did not. Doesn't mean he's not a killer and a rapist.

Anyone want him moving in next door to them?
I would have zero problems with him living next to me.

Good. About time. Anyone who thinks this kid may somehow have still been involved in the murder is off their rocker. There was ZERO evidence that Brendan was involved, except for that ridiculous spoon-fed confession.

That confession was so ridiculous, the video of it should honestly be shown to police recruits as being an example of *everything* you're not supposed to do when interviewing a minor / someone with a mental disability.

I would have zero problems with him living next to me.

Me neither I guess. He'd help
cover up all my crimes, while getting the details confused on account of his "Of Mice and Men" cognitive functioning. He'd also even jump in during the sodomy when I get a bit too tired and sweaty so I can take a rest, like a true bro.

Like you'd be cool with it, homie please. You gonna play Xbox together with him or something? Have him look after the plants and the dogs while your on vacation? Be cool with you significant other being alone in your place with him next door? I doubt it.

Me neither I guess. He'd help
cover up all my crimes, while getting the details confused on account of his "Of Mice and Men" cognitive functioning. He'd also even jump in during the sodomy when I get a bit too tired and sweaty so I can take a rest, like a true bro.

Like you'd be cool with it, homie please. You gonna play Xbox together with him or something? Have him look after the plants and the dogs while your on vacation? Be cool with you significant other being alone in your place with him next door? I doubt it.

I think the takeaway here is that not everyone feels the same way about the evidence as you do. I have a friend who is adamant on an almost pathological level that Avery is guilty but he thinks Brendan is probably innocent.

I think the takeaway here is that not everyone feels the same way about the evidence as you do. I have a friend who is adamant on an almost pathological level that Avery is guilty but he thinks Brendan is probably innocent.

The takeaway is that I don't know the evidence, I wasn't on the jury. I just figure if we are going to make dumbass blind sweeping generalizations about the case based on a fucking documentary, I may as well get a few good jokes in. I've never made any claims regarding the evidence, only that I wasn't there. I trust in the United States court system, and moreover, a jury of my peers. The courts decided he didn't get fair representation and due process, not that the evidence wasn't enough to support the crime. I agree with the higher courts ruling, hopefully he will get the fair trial he deserves.

The takeaway is that I don't know the evidence, I wasn't on the jury. I just figure if we are going to make dumbass blind sweeping generalizations about the case based on a fucking documentary, I may as well get a few good jokes in. I've never made any claims regarding the evidence, only that I wasn't there. I trust in the United States court system, and moreover, a jury of my peers. The courts decided he didn't get fair representation and due process, not that the evidence wasn't enough to support the crime. I agree with the higher courts ruling, hopefully he will get the fair trial he deserves.

If you don't feel that you have personally been exposed to enough evidence to make a decision, then why are you so certain that everyone should be concerned if Brendan was living next door to them.

In all your comments there has seemed to be an implied belief in his guilt.

So, You've seen the interrogations videos, all three of them, and believe they're 100% true beyond all reasonable doubt?

If yes, then you need to move Manitowic County with the other biased rednecks who convicted him.

If no, then, well there you go.

If you haven't seen them, then you need educate yourself before trolling, because that's all your doing then. You do realize that the Brenden's confession was completely thrown out for Steven's trial because it was so bad.

And!!! Ken Kratz completely changed stories of how Teresa was supposided killed in the two trials, (The Trailer vs The Garage). Wonder why?

If you don't feel that you have personally been exposed to enough evidence to make a decision, then why are you so certain that everyone should be concerned if Brendan was living next door to them.

In all your comments there has seemed to be an implied belief in his guilt.

Simply pointing out that the level of surety in his innocence is baffling, especially to the point of just putting him back on the street like some people in this thread seem to be proponents for. Someone had to inject some levity into this threads total ignorance of how courts work. Again for like the 4th time, his legal constitutional rights were trampled on, that's clear. His innocence isn't so clear. I don't care if he's innocent or not, I'm a reporter of fact and truth. Both the general public and Brendan Dassey deserve to have the truth and facts presented in a legal and ethical fashion.

If you're so sure if his innocence, why can't you answer the question? Let the process work and we won't have to guess(hopefully)

So, You've seen the interrogations videos, all three of them, and believe they're 100% true beyond all reasonable doubt?

If yes, then you need to move Manitowic County with the other biased rednecks who convicted him.

If no, then, well there you go.

If you haven't seen them, then you need educate yourself before trolling, because that's all your doing then. You do realize that the Brenden's confession was completely thrown out for Steven's trial because it was so bad.

And!!! Ken Kratz completely changed stories of how Teresa was supposided killed in the two trials, (The Trailer vs The Garage). Wonder why?

Literally never even came close to saying any of that. I'll make sure to keep my ignorance of the legal system in check when I walk into court for work tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, here's the judge's ruling (91 Pages - Double Spaced ;)).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3011681-20313183761.html#document/p1

The first half is an excellent summary of the events from Halbeck's disappearance to Dassey's conviction.

Page 32 is where Brenden's mother finally snaps to Kachinsky actively working against both Dassey and Avery. Even Brenden's Mom is smart enough to realize Brenden's getting fucked because she knows that Brenden talked to his boss on the phone while he supposed to be doing all these things to Teresa with Steve.

When she asks Brenden how he was able to answer the phone while he was cleaning the garage, Brenden says the investigators told him that they look at the records and his boss didn't call.... WTF. But in reality his boss did call and testified that he talked to Brenden.

She had to be freaking out at this point... I couldn't even imagine. She trusted his attorneys to help him and they all conspired together to doom him, just to help themselves and improve their case against Steven. It didn't matter if he was innocent or not, Brenden was just a tool to them to get them what they needed.

This Federal Judge agreed and ripped into Kachinsky for his gross negligence and misconduct.

Although it probably does not need to be stated, it will be; Kackinsky's conduit was inexcusable both tactically and ethically. It is one thing for an attorney to point out to a client how deep of a hole the client is in, but to assist the prosecution in digging that hole deeper is an affront to the principles of justice that underlie a defense attorney's vital role in the adversarial system.

Back