Make Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz already, it's the right fight

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC need Diaz back, they are crying out for his drawing power these days. And we know Diaz has enough money now that he isn't going to be strong-armed into fighting someone who will just lay n pray him. Diaz vs Brown would give both guys what they want - a firefight with a live contender in a high-profile match. It's the right move. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dana called it a title eliminator (even though Nick doesn't merit a title eliminator fight at this point in time).

Brown deserves a title eliminator fight and I don't think a fight with Diaz who is retired and lost a bunch of fights prior to retiring will help much with getting a title fight. Great fight for box office $$$ and entertainment value.

Last edited:
I think Diaz takes him to a decision but loses cos Matt shoots for takedowns in later rounds when he's losing (assuming it's 5 rounds)
it'd probably be a disappointment like Condit vs Diaz

Good fight but imo Diaz destroys him. Brown seems very vulnerable to body shots. Diaz is excellent at ripping to the body and he won

614 > 209 all day every day. Diaz typically has a cardio advantage and has a lot of output although his punches aren't loaded up like Brown's. Diaz typically stalks his opponents, but with Brown he would run into a buzz saw who punches, kicks, knees and elbows with bad intent and is very accurate which is a problem for Nick since his head movement is relatively minimal. I would like to see Brown vs. Diaz at some point, but with Brown ready for a title contender fight, I'm not sure he wants Diaz even though it would be an exciting fight and a good pay day type fight as a co-main event. I think Brown should next get a top 5 opponent with a win getting him a title fight. Brown is a high milage fighter and he could wear out given the many wars he has seen. In addition, his punching volume could also result in broken bones in the hands, etc. Get to the top while you can. Lombard, Condit (when he returns), winner of Lawler vs. Ellenberger or loser of Woodley vs. MacDonald since winner is supposedly getting a title fight with Hendricks. WW is very loaded.

Even though Diaz has lost the past two [To elite comp] he is a big PPV draw. Does Brown really deserve that fight? He hasn't beaten any top contenders.

It's a good fight though & one I would expect Diaz to comfortably win.

I'd rather not see it...

Diaz would win.

Nick rage quit and retired. He's in a home somewhere.

Diaz would roll him up and smoke him like his morning blunt.... and I like Matt Brown a lot

easily beats diaz, deserves a much better opponent. Diaz is slightly inferior to E. Silva.

Brown fights right into Diaz's strengths. He would get backed up to the cage and battered with head and body shots. Brown is tough, he might make it to the second round, but not beyond that.

Back