Make Matt Brown vs Nick Diaz already, it's the right fight

Does Brown's scrappy go for broke brawling style hurt him vs. a top opponent in a 5 round fight?

All I know is I really want to find out. Condit, Lawler, Woodley would be great fights. Stylistically Hendricks may even be the easiest fight for him out of those 4. Not to say it would be easy.

If his style can take out a couple of these guys in the top 10 it would be awesome and very good for the sport which is really dry right now.

As for Diaz... I don't believe in a completely linear "deserving" approach. Just make big fights. Although Brown plays so perfectly into his style that I would not worry whatsoever about that fight. but if Diaz were to fight him it woudl do nothing for his ranking. It doesn't matter anyway because hes not coming back.

More funny to me that people are saying "Diaz doesn't deserve Brown". Yeah ok. All Diaz fans are just shaking at the thought of that matchup...

All I know is I really want to find out. Condit, Lawler, Woodley would be great fights. Stylistically Hendricks may even be the easiest fight for him out of those 4. Not to say it would be easy.

If his style can take out a couple of these guys in the top 10 it would be awesome and very good for the sport which is really dry right now.

As for Diaz... I don't believe in a completely linear "deserving" approach. Just make big fights. Although Brown plays so perfectly into his style that I would not worry whatsoever about that fight. but if Diaz were to fight him it woudl do nothing for his ranking. It doesn't matter anyway because hes not coming back.

More funny to me that people are saying "Diaz doesn't deserve Brown". Yeah ok. All Diaz fans are just shaking at the thought of that matchup...

What's so hard to understand? Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011, and Brown hasn't had a loss since 2011 and is riding a 7 fight win streak.

Diaz isn't on his level atm.

What's so hard to understand? Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011, and Brown hasn't had a loss since 2011 and is riding a 7 fight win streak.

Diaz isn't on his level atm.

Hah ok. We all know who wins that fight but I guess we'll just ignore that and talk about hypothetical "deserving" criteria.

Hah ok. We all know who wins that fight but I guess we'll just ignore that and talk about hypothetical "deserving" criteria.

Yeah, cause Diaz has looked so good lately....lets just assume he wins. gtfo.

Damn it. When I was watching that fight, I kept thinking about this match.

It'd be sick!!!

Nick is retired. Hard to make a fight when one of the guys isnt fighting. Nick will fight for 2 million though.

it would be Nick jabbing Matt for 5 rounds

What in their past fights has made you come to that conclusion? Nick has never spent a whole fight jabbing and matt has never let a couple of jabs keep him from going inside.

Yeah, cause Diaz has looked so good lately....lets just assume he wins. gtfo.

Yeah and Brown is the WW GOAT even though he's never beat someone in the top 10. You don't even know if he can survive one minute with a ranked guy and you talk him up so much.

This entitlement by proxy by Diaz fans is just ridiculous, and honestly it's the exact reason why this fight wouldn't happen. After all, Diaz doesn't want to fight unless its' a guaranteed title shot or title eliminator, and I imagine a fight with Brown would be 'beneath' him.

Diaz gets wrestlefucked by the WW goat and loses to point-fight Condit and suddenly people think he "doesn't deserve Brown" oh my lol. Diaz would eat him alive

Yeah and Brown is the WW GOAT even though he's never beat someone in the top 10. You don't even know if he can survive one minute with a ranked guy and you talk him up so much.

He's winning fights, that's more than we can say for Diaz the past few years.

I'm not talking up anybody, its fact that Diaz isn't deserving of a fight with Brown right now, not even close.

Diaz gets wrestlefucked by the WW goat and loses to point-fight Condit and suddenly people think he "doesn't deserve Brown" oh my lol. Diaz would eat him alive

Mehh let them talk. They'd have to see it to believe it. I'd laugh my ass off watching that fight because it's probably Nick's easiest matchup in the WW division stylistically. Knowing someone out there is dying inside while Nick lights him up with 300+ punches would be comforting.

The UFC need Diaz back, they are crying out for his drawing power these days. And we know Diaz has enough money now that he isn't going to be strong-armed into fighting someone who will just lay n pray him. Diaz vs Brown would give both guys what they want - a firefight with a live contender in a high-profile match. It's the right move. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dana called it a title eliminator (even though Nick doesn't merit a title eliminator fight at this point in time).
Which is exactly why the fight shouldn't happen. Sorry but retiring doesn't give someone title fights and number 1 contender fights. And what would Brown have to gain from it, who wants the belt?

He's winning fights, that's more than we can say for Diaz the past few years.

I'm not talking up anybody, its fact that Diaz isn't deserving of a fight with Brown right now, not even close.

Brown wasn't fighting Condit and GSP. He was fighting Erick Silva. Nick was also suspended for a year so that makes it hard to get wins.

Nick wouldn't want that fight. He only wants to do non-stop title shots and complains if he doesn't

Mehh let them talk. They'd have to see it to believe it. I'd laugh my ass off watching that fight because it's probably Nick's easiest matchup in the WW division stylistically. Knowing someone out there is dying inside while Nick lights him up with 300+ punches would be comforting.

I wouldn't say Diaz doesn't deserve Brown, because that's asinine, but Nick would refuse that fight up and down.

Brown wasn't fighting Condit and GSP. He was fighting Erick Silva. Nick was also suspended for a year so that makes it hard to get wins.

This isn't helping your argument lol. Diaz retired/got suspended after losing 2 fights.

Brown on the other hand has been taking names. Diaz isn't sniffing a fight with Brown.

I wouldn't say Diaz doesn't deserve Brown, because that's asinine, but Nick would refuse the fight up and down.

I could easily say he doesn't deserve it right now. It's not about whether or not he could beat Browne. It's about sitting idle while the division moves him by and forcing him to reassert himself before he 'deserves' anything in the division again.

Back