• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Majority draws should be split decisions

Maybe Split decisions should be draws instead, TS!

Both the Frevola fight and the first Woodley-Wonderboy fight are deserving draws.

I have no problem with draws, undeserved split decision wins are a bigger problem in my opinion.

all 50 - 45s should be draws

Both the Frevola fight and the first Woodley-Wonderboy fight are deserving draws.

I have no problem with draws, undeserved split decision wins are a bigger problem in my opinion.
Its worse when considering the disparity in winning and losing in regards to pay. A shitty judgement of the fight not only robs you of the win but also half of your fucking pay.

The most concerning thing about this thread is that there are people who have no fucking clue about how the majority rule works, but they are probably still allowed to vote at the elections.
<Prem973><Prem974>

I paid for the fight not the outcome.
Cool the fight still happened so what do you care what the outcome was? Also some people bet on the outcome that’s why it’s a sport you dunce

tenor.gif
2018:
iu

OK I thought some people might struggle, I'll try illustrate it in a simpler way. So we have a red corner and a blue corner. We have three judges, a split decision is as follows:
Judge 1 - red
Judge 2 - red
Judge 3 - blue
Winner: red
A majority draw is:
Judge 1 - none
Judge 2 - none
Judge 3 - blue
Winner: none
Surely blue should have won that majority draw?
Blue Blue Blue - Unanimous Decision: because they unanimously agreed on a winner.
Blue Blue Draw - Majority Decision: because the majority agreed there was a winner
Blue Blue Red - Split Decision: because they were split on who the winner was.
Blue Draw Red - Split Draw: because they were split and couldn't agree on a winner.
Blue Draw Draw - Majority Draw: because the majority agreed there wasn't a winner.
Draw Draw Draw - Unanimous Draw: because they unanimously agreed there wasn't a winner.

It's a simple system

(PS: the woodley-wonderboy fight was a genuine draw. Shouldn't have been won by anyone)

Last edited:
A group of three judges is valid English.

I’m telling you that the term split decision can’t be applied to a minority dude go talk to anyone with an IQ higher than 50 they’ll fill you in. Would you prefer they call it a split draw? Swing vote is what you call it when you break a tie

split decision
  1. a decision based on a majority verdict rather than on a unanimous one, especially on a court panel or among referees judging the winner of a boxing match.

A majority draw is a dumb idea and also logically flawed, a better solution would be to have it as a split decision. This would stop situations where fighters such as Tyron Woodley and Matt Frevola are robbed of wins. It would also mean that Wonderboy would have not got an undeserved second title shot and that Lando Vanatta would probably be on his way out of the UFC. Here is the maths behind it: we have three judges in MMA. In a split decision 2 vote for 1 fighter and 1 votes for the other other, making it 1-0. In a majority decision, 2 vote draw and 1 votes for 1 fighter making it 1-0. There is no logical reason for majority draws to exist. Hopefully this rectified and also Tyron and Matt's records are retrospectively fixed.
idiot

I’m telling you that the term split decision can’t be applied to a minority dude go talk to anyone with an IQ higher than 50 they’ll fill you in. Would you prefer they call it a split draw? Swing vote is what you call it when you break a tie

split decision
  1. a decision based on a majority verdict rather than on a unanimous one, especially on a court panel or among referees judging the winner of a boxing match.
I took him meaning it one of two ways, that either "the judge is being used to split the decision" as in 'the decision is split by the first two judges on who won and he is being used to fix that split,' sort of like a tiebreaker. Problem with that is, he's wrong, the judges weren't split. They were in total agreement it was a draw, and he is the lone dissenter and is overruled.

Or, he meant "the judge, just by having a different score, is the one who split the decision" because the two splits were 1) the two "draws" and 2) his disagreement, which again is easy enough to break back into the fact he is the lone dissenter and is overruled.

Majority gets the vote. if majority says draw then its a draw.

"2 judges say this, but 1 guy said that. so 1 is majority right?"

no

This is not giving the lone judge 100% power. This is a situation where it his score card is used to split a decision, that's why it should be called split decision.
they should all be called majority then aside from unanimous decisions

Actually a very good opinion

If two judges score it a draw, then the decision of the final judge should make the difference. Prevents more draws (which help no one)

What if everyone scores it a draw, dummy

Do you know how dumb you sound

In every post you are now just calling people dumb, dunces, and having low IQ.

giphy.gif

Use the words you learned before you dropped out of school. Your skills in language arts tell me all I need to know about your education.

Back