Maintaining a healthy and tasty diet

creepingcharlie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I find that the hardest parts about eating healthy are the time needed to prepare healthy meals, and also making that healthy meal taste good. I'm sorry, but plain chicken is very boring as is plain ground beef. What do you guys use to make all the healthy foods you eat (not just meat) more flavorful?

get some Lawery's Marinade for your chicken. it comes in different flavors, and its only like a 1.20 bottle. Makes chicken tasty. Also works good for grilling pork, or steak.

I try to use things that compliment each other like fro example Liver and onions, steak and mushrooms, Hamburber and pototatoes.
Also there is a seasoning called Spike which tastes really great.
I use alot of Curry powder, Garlic, Tumeric, black pepper, fresh jalapenoes, habaneros, red peppers ect. in the stuff i cook
YOu can make really good sauces out of plain yogurt and some pepper for things like kabobs, veal and lean cut beef steak.

VegasFighter said:
get some Lawery's Marinade for your chicken. it comes in different flavors, and its only like a 1.20 bottle. Makes chicken tasty. Also works good for grilling pork, or steak.

I dunno, I've heard that Lawery's is just MSG. If so, that stuff is really bad for your heart

creepingcharlie said:
I dunno, I've heard that Lawery's is just MSG. If so, that stuff is really bad for your heart

really? never heard it. I use that stuff no all the time with no problems

MSG is short for monosodium glutamate. I guess it can cause strokes or something like that.

creepingcharlie said:

Whoever told you that is dead wrong. I just checked the recipes on most of their marinades, including the Teriyaki and Sesame Ginger, and none of them contain MSG.

They're primarily High Fructose Corn Syrup, and exceptionally high in sodium (as much as teriyaki or soy) so you can't get carried away, but 1 Tablespoon really adds some zing to your big meat meal of the day.

man up and just eat the foods you need the way you need to

creepingcharlie said:
ok, well that clears that up. I'll have to get some.

On a second look, I might be wrong. That one guy who posted the hippie-looking book about "Excitotoxins" said in the description of the book (and this much I'll believe, since it concerns the law, and that's pretty hard to spin unless it's being interpreted) that MSG can be hidden if a certain ingredient contains less than 70% MSG. Several of the ingredients I read on Lawry's matched those mentioned in the blurb.

So whoever told you that might be in the know- it looks like there's some serious hidden MSG going on here.

throw some basil and garlic on some chicken and put it on a salad...good stuff.

I go to the supermarkets organic section, u can find some good stuff there....problem is price.

Boondocksaint said:
throw some basil and garlic on some chicken and put it on a salad...good stuff.

Fresh basil and garlic are freaking delicious.

combatjujitsu said:
man up and just eat the foods you need the way you need to

I find your views to be lame. Food is one of my biggest pleasures. I want it to stay that way.

i find the fact that you look at food as outher than aney thing as fuel lame

Try Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce, I know they sell it at Albertson's and Trader Joe's. It's not salty like most teriyaki, and it has ginger and sesame. Throw your chicken or pork chops in zip-loc bag and marinade for and hour and then grill. It's really good and easy. Here's a picture of it, http://www.soyvay.com/

Back