Law Maine: Constitutional right to to grow, raise, harvest, produce and consume their own food

Believe it's about the government, local or state, being able to tell people what they can grow, where they can grow and how they must grow it or raise it as the case may be regarding food animals.

There should be regulation regarding animals. I don't see an issue with crops though.

does cannabis count as a food? you can cook with it…

Seems unnecessary, but I don't have an issue with it.

I remember reading an article a while back that calculated how much food would be produced if front yard space in the US was converted into produce gardens. It was world hunger-ending levels of food. Yet many municipalities have pointless laws that ban people from even planting gardens on their front yards, and they even enumerate the list of "authorized" plants for a front yard.

I remember reading an article a while back that calculated how much food would be produced if front yard space in the US was converted into produce gardens. It was world hunger-ending levels of food. Yet many municipalities have pointless laws that ban people from even planting gardens on their front yards, and they even enumerate the list of "authorized" plants for a front yard.
In pretty much all cases it is rich people trying to control property values of their neighborhood.

Must suck to be able to pay a high amount of money to live in a wealthy town and not have the freedom to paint your house in whatever color you like.

In pretty much all cases it is rich people trying to control property values of their neighborhood.

Must suck to be able to pay a high amount of money to live in a wealthy town and not have the freedom to paint your house in whatever color you like.
Home Owner Associations. Absolutely fucking crazy to agree to allow a neighborhood committee to dictate what you can or cannot do with the home and property you have purchased. The more society gets granular in it's desire to control everyone the more I become comfortable with the idea of just watching society burn to the ground.

It's a fucking fantastic idea and should be adopted everywhere.

The less dependent on mass industrial production we can be for food the better.

It's a fucking fantastic idea and should be adopted everywhere.

The less dependent on mass industrial production we can be for food the better.
States should offer tax credits for those that verify they grow a minimum 30% of their produce. Additional credit added if they also raise a minimum 45% of their meat, poultry or fish consumed.

States should offer tax credits for those that verify they grow a minimum 30% of their produce. Additional credit added if they also raise a minimum 45% of their meat, poultry or fish consumed.

This idea of private eye property superceding functional use of the earth is beyond absurd. It's what is literally holding back society. Capitalism pulls us away from these organic efficiencies, which needs to stop now.

This idea of private eye property superceding functional use of the earth is beyond absurd. It's what is literally holding back society. Capitalism pulls us away from these organic efficiencies, which needs to stop now.
Capitalism can and does become corrupted just like anything else where wealth and resource access is involved, that's nothing new or shocking. The problem, as is always the case with any system, is that is requires human input to maintain and regulate it. People are fallible, susceptible to corruption and greed and ultimately motivated by their own interests. People succeed despite human nature, not because of it.

Brandon Westgate, a pro skateboarder lives up there & was talking about this - how he bought a farm & is growing all of this own shit. it totally helped him during the height of the pandemic. he also grows his own weed haha.

Believe it's about the government, local or state, being able to tell people what they can grow, where they can grow and how they must grow it or raise it as the case may be regarding food animals.

Is it that they do not want people living with ducks and causing disease like in China? Otherwise, I don't get it.

Back