Maia should not get title shot after Hendricks

Who are the people calling for Maia to get a title shot? What a ludicrous thought. Does anybody really want to see Maia get jabbed for five rounds?

What's your point? He should have fought while injured? Or he should have fought 5 times in 12 months to compensate and risked getting injured again?

I really wonder what you meant.

There's nothing unclear about my comment. I'll break it down even more for you.

The last 12 months (ending in November 2013) the champ has been very active. The prior 18 months he was not.

The End.

PS Still mad bro?

This. Maia at WW is a beast. Name me any fighter with a better run and overall credentials in the division right now.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Diaz first. Nick would be a great feather in his cap and solidify his claim for a title shot, especially with the casual fans. Plus I think it could be a great fight. I think Nick is crazy and confident enough to grapple Damian.

Diaz is one of my absolute favorite fighters for many years but I don't think its fair - for either guy - to drop him in against someone coming off retirement and two losses.

If Maia were to book another gig before Georges, it should be a proper title eliminator.

Who are the people calling for Maia to get a title shot? What a ludicrous thought. Does anybody really want to see Maia get jabbed for five rounds?

I am.

I'm calling for anyone, in any division, to get a title shot when they go on an impressive run. Thats why I watch MMA.

The last 12 months (ending in November 2013) the champ has been very active. The prior 18 months he was not.

The End.

PS Still mad bro?

So your point is pointless?

I think GSP vs Maia is an interesting fight. I'd actually really like to see it. Hope it goes down.

This is GSP we're talking about.

All grapplers are going to be jabbed for 5 rounds.
All strikers are going to be held down for 5 rounds.

Why not give Maia the chance he deserves? Just because he doesn't have punching power? If anyone can outgrapple GSP, it's Maia.

How is Robbie Lawler even in the conversation? He lost to Lorenz Larkin, moved to WW and had two wins. One guy in the bottom half of the top ten (koscheck) and the other guy ive never even heard of (Bobby Voelker).

Matt Brown, Demian Maia and Rory Macdonald all have MUCH more impressive streaks.

He's in the conversation because if he beats Rory next, he deserves it.

But sometimes grapplers tend to get scared to showcase their skills against another grappler so they prefer showcasing their elite k-1 striking skills instead.

Can't wait for an axe kick kayo from one of these guys!!

He also has a win over Condit. Maia beating Shields would look great on his record.

It would be a good feather in Maia's cap , but

That win over Condit was in 2006 though , I would bet money that between the two Carlos has made much more improvements and I would take him should they ever meet agan.

The End.

PS Still mad bro?

It's nice to know you are there to state facts everyone knows about.

If at least you meant something dumb, it would have been better.

Guess what? GSP fought two times in 2010!!! That's all I meant to say, interesting, isn't it?

Shields owned Lawler though.

Maia vs Shields could be a great fight if they actually grappled. But sometimes grapplers tend to get scared to showcase their skills against another grappler so they prefer showcasing their elite k-1 striking skills instead.

I see your point, but since Maia realized his JJ has been giving him the victories lately, I believe he will stick to his guns.

He's in the conversation because if he beats Rory next, he deserves it.

So your logic is, if you get one fight you dont deserve that propels you to a championship fight you dont deserve even if people ranked higher than you are on longer streaks and still winning? Makes alot of sense... :rolleyes:

To me, the problem here is Rory. If he beats Lawler which I think he will (huge Lawler fan), he has said he won't fight GSP. So, if Maia beats Shields, and assuming Condit beats Brown, there is no one left for GSP to fight, so Maia would deserve the title shot almost by default.

So your logic is, if you get one fight you dont deserve that propels you to a championship fight you dont deserve even if people ranked higher than you are on longer streaks and still winning? Makes alot of sense... :rolleyes:

Not saying he should get it. Saying you can't argue him deserving it. If he can knock out Rory, he will have wins over Koscheck and Rory in his last 3 by KO. Maia is more deserving if he wins over Shields. Probably nobody else at this point. Matt Brown could be if he beats Condit.

It wasn't his fault he fought Voelker. He was a late replacement for Tarec and Siyar.

Shields is definitely top 10 worthy.

wins over Sakurai, Okami, Condit, Pyle, Daley, Lawler, Mayhem, Hendo, Kampmann, Akiyama & Woodley.

He's an amazing name for any WW to have on their resume.

The rankings are garbage for the most part, because everyone has different criteria for them. I'm of the opinion that he should get a shot with a victory. It makes more sense than Pettis/Thomson.

Back