Maia needs to face a striker before GSP

Why, so he could do the exact same thing he did to the grapplers because the strikers can't stop it?

maia only faced grapplers at WW, i see some people saying he deserves GSP if he beats Shields...
he needs to face guys like condit, kampmann, ellenburger, even rory... his striking needs to be tested before fighting a guy like georges

So you think that Maia is going to test his striking vs a striker? Lmfao, dude grapplefucks grapplers, what makes you think he's not going to so the same to strikers? Probably dumbest logic I've seen in a while

So you think that Maia is going to test his striking vs a striker? Lmfao, dude grapplefucks grapplers, what makes you think he's not going to so the same to strikers? Probably dumbest logic I've seen in a while

yea, because grapplers beat strikers all the time right?

would you bet your house on maia against condit?

Why, so he could do the exact same thing he did to the grapplers because the strikers can't stop it?

or maybe something like that happen:

MarquardtMaia.gif

I would also like to see Maia against a striker, that is why the koscheck match up was intriguing, Koscheck is not a great striker but he has enough technique and power to pose problems for Maia.

Yes, you are correct that Koscheck is not a great striker.

In fact, he is probably the most overrated striker ever in the UFC.
He has never even gotten lucky as a striker against a Top 10 fighter.
He thought he was a good striker when he faced Paulo Thiago and Thiago Alves, but they quickly showed him otherwise.

I love Condit, but Maia is a very tough match up for him. I would bet on Maia as long as he wasn't a huge favourite.

he has nothing to prove.

To say something as dumb as what the op said, I had to counter with more stupidity.

I hear ya. Part of me (wants to) believe that Maia actually could outwork/out-grapple GSP though.

Then he gets a striker, take the dude down and submits him, which is very likely. And you will cry that he didn't stood up with the striker.

It's always the same.

Then he gets a striker, take the dude down and submits him, which is very likely. And you will cry that he didn't stood up with the striker.

It's always the same.

maia has 1 sub in his last 11 fights

I hear ya. Part of me (wants to) believe that Maia actually could outwork/out-grapple GSP though.

He'd out grapple him for sure. So GSP will use his Shields game plan and win standing.
I believe Maia will constantly chain gang his TD's until he's either successful or exhausted.

I would bet my house on maia vs condit.

grapplers get the best of strikers most of the times.

Now if you are talking about well rounded fighters, with good td and good striking, thats another issue...

If he could stand toe to toe with Anderson Silva and not get knocked out then he should have no problem with GSP.

GSP has no power he is no threat standing against Maia. In such a fight I see GSP point-fighting trying to jab and run away ala like the Shields fight/

it'll be pretty fuckin boring if you ask me how a fight between GSP-Maia would go. Maia would be the aggressor and engage the other GSP would high tail it and run in circles not cool

maia has 1 sub in his last 11 fights

Maybe it has a lot to do with you whining he doesn't fight strikers.

Why are you so upset tough? Who cares about the skillset of GSP's new opponent?

I would bet my house on maia vs condit.

grapplers get the best of strikers most of the times.

Now if you are talking about well rounded fighters, with good td and good striking, thats another issue...

condit isnt well rounded? lol stfu

the guy dismantled DHK and could do the same with maia... "but he didnt defend DHK TDs" yea because before that he knocked him the f out with a flying knee

condit vs hendricks was a close fight, where condit beat the shit out of hendricks in the third, in fact hendricks won with bullshit TD's

that kind of has to do with him fighting a shit ton of top grapplers....

i thought you guys were saying maia is a sub machine...

last three strikers he fought btw, he lost two (anderson and marquardt)

Back