Magic: The Gathering (MTG: Arena Beta is out now on PC)

On top of returning to Ravnica way the hell too soon, the card design is terrible this set lol. The split cards make zero sense, the names of most of the cards are bad, and there aren't a lot of interesting things going on. I have zero interest in even casually following this one.

Ya convoke is a retarded mechanic. I will never buy magic cards again and only play the video games cause they are free.

I've always wanted to give this a try. I need a new hobby. I used to play the fuck out of Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day. There's a yugeee magic following in my city.

I played Magic 2014 off of steam, I would never play the actual card game. It's so much better to just play in a video game.

I recently got back into it. It's something me and the wife can play to just pass the time. I also play Arena pretty religiously and have just started to start streaming. I mainly play Merfolk, White weenie, RDW, and mono blue control when I play arena. If you guys liked Duels 2014, I'd recommend Arena

Ya convoke is a retarded mechanic. I will never buy magic cards again and only play the video games cause they are free.
convoke is retarded but in a any token deck the ability to tap your 1/1s to bring in those big bad stompy fuckers is great.
granted i dont play convoke decks. and if you think they're bad dimir/surveil is just as equally as annoying along with golgari/undergrowth

Nah. Wizards is toast. Their card quality is a joke, the people who run the company are SJW retards and they all hate white men. Dig into it.

Don't support that cancer company. Play Final Fantasy TCG or Force of Will instead.... Or Hearthstone.

I don't get into the SJW stuff with them. I think they try. They need to come down harder on cheaters.

What really stung has been the mythic edition for Guilds. To pretty much cut out most of the world, or make it crazy difficult to buy for my part of the world is terrible. For me to get one, I have to buy it, and fly to Australia for a GP to pick it up. Don't get me wrong, I was already very much on the fence about getting ove at the price even though I think at the end of the day, it's positive EV. I just wanted the Elspeth and Teferi for collecting

I've switched to Eternal. LSV and Patrick Chapin are part of the dev team and it's been great so far. It's as if MTG had a baby with Hearthstone's client.

WotC just can't seem to get it right and at this point I can't be bothered to give them anymore money. MTGO is straight up trash. MTGA to my knowledge isn't going to have any kind of Legacy support so no reason to go there if you're already deep in paper MTG or MTGO. The paper side of things isn't much better either. The cardstock sucks, the product is uninteresting (Return to return to Ravinica LOL), competitive play is compromised by cheaters and even the ones that get caught are out a year at best, not to mention the prize pools are fucking abysmal.

They should have gone all the way with MTGA from the get go.

I think MTGA will eventually get legacy support. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add and port them in. But we're probably talking 5-10 years time. They're going to slowly phase out MTGO Don't know how that'll work with pushing for MTs so they get a cut of the profits and currently no dusting of cards. Still in beta though

On top of returning to Ravnica way the hell too soon, the card design is terrible this set lol. The split cards make zero sense, the names of most of the cards are bad, and there aren't a lot of interesting things going on. I have zero interest in even casually following this one.

I thought it's been enough years. The split cards are confusing. They seemed to have run out of ideas on naming conventions and picked a terrible one.

I enjoy this set and have been playing it a lot. But I have a soft spot for Ravnica as Return to Ravnica was the first one that I really got into

convoke is retarded but in a any token deck the ability to tap your 1/1s to bring in those big bad stompy fuckers is great.
granted i dont play convoke decks. and if you think they're bad dimir/surveil is just as equally as annoying along with golgari/undergrowth

Agreed, convoke works well on the theme of Selesnya. A way to ramp up into your huge stompies

I'm finding undergrowth unplayable in limited. Dimir is fun but hard to get the win conditions but so so good when it pays off.

I'm straight up been curb stomped by Boros every draft so far.

Agreed, convoke works well on the theme of Selesnya. A way to ramp up into your huge stompies

I'm finding undergrowth unplayable in limited. Dimir is fun but hard to get the win conditions but so so good when it pays off.

I'm straight up been curb stomped by Boros every draft so far.
boros is the go to meta in limited, especially draft. hell i even drafted with boros in mind last night and went 3-2 before fizzling out due to mana screw. golgari midrange is good but like you said takes a bit to get the deck going, same with dimir/surveil (unless you draw dimir spybug in your opening hand).

on arena i mostly play just quick play with either my merfolk, mono blue control, white weenie, or RDW deck. i've just started getting into limited and draft

I think MTGA will eventually get legacy support. I wouldn't be surprised if they started to slowly add and port them in. But we're probably talking 5-10 years time. They're going to slowly phase out MTGO Don't know how that'll work with pushing for MTs so they get a cut of the profits and currently no dusting of cards. Still in beta though

That'd be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

boros is the go to meta in limited, especially draft. hell i even drafted with boros in mind last night and went 3-2 before fizzling out due to mana screw. golgari midrange is good but like you said takes a bit to get the deck going, same with dimir/surveil (unless you draw dimir spybug in your opening hand).

on arena i mostly play just quick play with either my merfolk, mono blue control, white weenie, or RDW deck. i've just started getting into limited and draft

I'm building towads Esper control.

I'm a bit hit and miss with my blue/white deck. Basically the precon they give you with Teferis jammed into it from ym wildcards

my last game of the night last night. gotta love when you force playeres to concede because of deeproot elite and deeproot waters

That'd be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't be either. I was listening to a MTG Finance podcast last week and someone asked if they should sell their MTGO collection. They were of the same opinion, 5 years MINIMUM you'll get support for. I don't play MTGO, but from what I understand, there's very little in the way of collections because it's so easy to rent a deck. I could be talking out of turn about something I have very little understanding of though

my last game of the night last night. gotta love when you force playeres to concede because of deeproot elite and deeproot waters

I've won like 3 games in the weekend while on 1 life. First one I was on 1 life for like 10 turns and milled them out with drowned secrets LOL.

I was playing someone who was playing I think a dino deck. He had me down to maybe 4-5 life. I was playing my Merfolk deck and had two copies of deeproot waters in play. Held onto sleep and straight whooped em. It was so satisfying
I've won like 3 games in the weekend while on 1 life. First one I was on 1 life for like 10 turns and milled them out with drowned secrets LOL.

I will say that Arena has sparked my love for MtG again. I stopped playing around Mercadian masques and am loving playing it

I will say that Arena has sparked my love for MtG again. I stopped playing around Mercadian masques and am loving playing it

Smash the hell out of it! It's awesome. My only gripe (no fault of anyone but my own) is that it's hard to get your collection going beyond the starters without spending real money but that's life.

I might spend this morning googling upgrades for the precons lol

Smash the hell out of it! It's awesome. My only gripe (no fault of anyone but my own) is that it's hard to get your collection going beyond the starters without spending real money but that's life.

I might spend this morning googling upgrades for the precons lol
the welcome bundle is definitely worth it! i think ive spent maybe $30 total so far. id definitely recommend getting the welcome bundle bc youy can do the sealed events when they come back.

the welcome bundle is definitely worth it! i think ive spent maybe $30 total so far. id definitely recommend getting the welcome bundle bc youy can do the sealed events when they come back.

For now, I'm not sure I want to be sinking money into it while it's still in beta.

I made the mistake of entering the constructed ladderwith my janky deck. 0-3, out the back door with tail firmly tucked in

Back