Magic 50 times and weights - post them!

spirez

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Post them up guys!

I'm weak and unfit, did it today in 10:20 with a 16kg kettlebell for the first 2 rounds and a 20kg kettlebell for the last 3 rounds.

For those that are unaware, this is how it goes...

5 rounds of:

5 swings per arm
5 snatches per arm
10 burpess

That's 50 reps in total of each exercise, hence the name.

My heart was pounding at the end!

I'm aiming for sub 10 minutes next time as i was mentally weak today and took way more rest than necessary.

BTW if you're going to do it, make sure the burpess have an all out max jump after each one, none of this 2 inch of the floor business :icon_chee

i weigh 150

50lb DB in 8:40

i feel a wave of deja vu though since i posted my time in another thread talking about magic 50 a couple days ago

40lbs in 11:55. I hope to beat that time really soon.

21 kg (46,29 lbs) in 7min, haven't done them in awhile now.

i weigh 150

50lb DB in 8:40

i feel a wave of deja vu though since i posted my time in another thread talking about magic 50 a couple days ago

Well this will be our own special thread so that we can keep track! I aim to do this at least once per week, hopefully more.

Nice time and weight. Are you following ross' programme?

50 lb dumbell
time 9:03
Bodyweight 170

I try to do this at least once a week and have been steadily shaving my time down. I love the magic 50.

i just tried this for the first time, also first time doing either snatches or swing. It was awesome. Unfortunately i seriously underestimated the weight i could do for the swings.

27.5 for snatches
16.5 for swings
i dont know if you were supposed to do the pushup for the burpee, but i didn't as he mentioned you would move up to harder variations whenever.

8:50. Easily can shave a lot of time off this. Didn't have my water filled up when i started so between my 3rd adn 4th had to fill it up. First three rounds my spinlock db's weren't tight so i had to keep tightening them.

Next time definitley upping the weight for the swings.

I have the crappy old school dumbbells so anything over 25lbs for a snatch gets dangerous.

I did 25lbs at 185lbs in 8:20. I probably could have shaved about 20 seconds off and gotten to 8:00 so sub 8:00 will be my next goal.

I plan on trying it for the first time tomorrow. My buddy was telling me about and said it's a killer

i've got a question if any of ya can help out.........i'm looking for a really good very outlined workout program that can be done at the house. including how much work should be done, and how often.

any help ?

I plan on trying it for the first time tomorrow. My buddy was telling me about and said it's a killer

i've got a question if any of ya can help out.........i'm looking for a really good very outlined workout program that can be done at the house. including how much work should be done, and how often.

any help ?

Just did this today. Used 16kg KB's and "Normal" Burpees (no pushup). Time - 10:25

Just did this today. Used 16kg KB's and "Normal" Burpees (no pushup). Time - 10:25

mannn you gotta do it with the pushup!

and spirez: i've gone through II's sample program once and now I've been experimenting with new stuff and incorporating ideas from full throttle conditioning.

we should have this thread for wc101, that workout is beastly

Fuck I'm outta shape! I'm 165 and use 30lbs. I've never timed it, but I always use the full 1 min rest and I probably take 16-20 minutes.

Tried this tonight and wow im dead I did it in about 12 min

Used a 40lbs. thick handle DB for snatches and I used 45lbs. for swings on my adjustable ironmind KB handles. This is my first time using that weight for both exercises, so I finished it in 11:07. It's a good thing my brother was there to time me and to egg me on when I started to slow down. haha.

BW = 180

45 lbs 10m00s

60 lbs 10m40s (yesterday)

The trick is to just keep working the entire time. None of the crap like resting between burpees. You get your rest when you get it and 60sec is more than enough.

resurrecting an old thread bc i improved my time.

got back around to doing this workout as im running infinite intensity for my first fight coming up at the end of jan

bw=162
50lb DB
time= 6:54

i did clap burpees for the first 2.5 sets of burpees and then decided i was too tired to continue doing that haha

Back