Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
no Im using common sense and looking at the evidence as to what happened. The natives were surrounded by a rowdy group of trash.
You haven't presented any evidence at all as to who initiated this interaction. And you aren't using common sense, you are making a judgment based on your own internal bias. Right, "trash" vs "natives", so it becomes obvious to you.

You haven't presented any evidence at all as to who initiated this interaction. And you aren't using common sense, you are making a judgment based on your own internal bias. Right, "trash" vs "natives", so it becomes obvious to you.
last page. there was an escalating situation. The elder approached the group to try and defuse the situation and was swarmed.

pretty clearly they didnt want any trouble. Also again use your head and think, when do native groups get rowdy with other groups and start fights? especially whilst carrying drums. Last time I checked those are not very helpful in a fight

I don't know what the kids' motivation was. My guess is that they were just spoiled kids who felt comfortable making fun of the guy and mocking him. I think kids have become so accustomed to living their lives in anonymity on the internet, that they really believe they can be real life trolls without consequence. Shouting "Build the wall" is definitely crossing lines, as is the mockery of the guy's heritage. Were they racists? Probably not really. Just ignorant and entitled.

But it's time that we stop encouraging trolls and indecency. It should not be difficult for kids that old, who were apparently mature enough to fly across the country for a pro-life march, to show some decency and understand how offensive their behavior was.

I don’t think they are acting that way because they are used to being anonymous but mob mentality and being immature.

I don’t like the idea of the internet punishing these kids. Kids are going to do stupid shit it’s how we develop. If someone is going to held accountable to the kids actions it should be the school for organizing them and not properly teaching them how to behave at an event they are sponsoring.

They are going to be doxxed and condemned for being racist and I don’t see how that betters the kids

this is key

there was clearly a situation escalating and he tried to defuse it.

That’s super vague.

He didn’t go there as a tourist and he didn’t go there solo. For all we know someone from his group could of got in a confrontation.

In my opinion he knew what he was doing beating a drum and chanting to “defuse” a situation with people you political oppose doesn’t sound very helpful.

Really?

Is this the bottom of the barrel being scraped or what?

That’s super vague.

He didn’t go there as a tourist and he didn’t go there solo. For all we know someone from his group could of got in a confrontation.

In my opinion he knew what he was doing beating a drum and chanting to “defuse” a situation with people you political oppose doesn’t sound very helpful.
he didnt go to create conflict though. he was trying to deescalate the situation. Then his group got swarmed by the utter trash

I don’t think they are acting that way because they are used to being anonymous but mob mentality and being immature.

I don’t like the idea of the internet punishing these kids. Kids are going to do stupid shit it’s how we develop. If someone is going to held accountable to the kids actions it should be the school for organizing them and not properly teaching them how to behave at an event they are sponsoring.

They are going to be doxxed and condemned for being racist and I don’t see how that betters the kids

i rarely, if ever, blame the kids for something like this. they are clearly the product of their environment and right wing trolling families / schools / culture. the fucking cocks that post in this thread attacking the old man and giving a pass to the kids are the reason the kids do shit like this in the first place.

they thought it was funny to make fun of the guy. that's what kids that fuckin age do. they are morons, immature and think they are tough / funny. they really don't know any better. and all that behavior is put on / learned from the adults around them, and engaging in the culture on the internet and television without anyone explaining to them the way trump acts and conservatives act is fuckin morally repugnant and you are a piece of shit for engaging in that kind of behavior.

because know what will happen now? they'll go home and their dipshit right wing parents / families / teachers / towns will come to their aid, blaming the "liberal media" and "progressive regressive leftists" for "taking what they did out of context" and those kids will think they did nothing wrong acting like little fucking shits like that. so congratulations conservatives, you are making this country shittier by the day. hope you are real fuckin proud.

That’s super vague.

I didn't see anything to "defuse",
Sounds like BS from their PR guy.

he didnt go to create conflict though. he was trying to deescalate the situation. Then his group got swarmed by the utter trash

I wish they told us what the situation was. The situation just stirs up political turmoil. Where the kids acting like shit yeah, was the guy and his group there to provoke them probably.

I wish they told us what the situation was. The situation just stirs up political turmoil. Where the kids acting like shit yeah, was the guy and his group there to provoke them probably.
yeah because old natives are known for provoking poor young white trump supporters arent they?

Just for once, can you post like a well adjusted, emotionally developed adult? Pretend if you have to.

I know you can do it.

i rarely, if ever, blame the kids for something like this. they are clearly the product of their environment and right wing trolling families / schools / culture. the fucking cocks that post in this thread attacking the old man and giving a pass to the kids are the reason the kids do shit like this in the first place.

they thought it was funny to make fun of the guy. that's what kids that fuckin age do. they are morons, immature and think they are tough / funny. they really don't know any better. and all that behavior is put on / learned from the adults around them, and engaging in the culture on the internet and television without anyone explaining to them the way trump acts and conservatives act is fuckin morally repugnant and you are a piece of shit for engaging in that kind of behavior.

because know what will happen now? they'll go home and their dipshit right wing parents / families / teachers / towns will come to their aid, blaming the "liberal media" and "progressive regressive leftists" for "taking what they did out of context" and those kids will think they did nothing wrong acting like little fucking shits like that. so congratulations conservatives, you are making this country shittier by the day. hope you are real fuckin proud.
hqdefault.jpg

yeah because everyone knows that once you get abused by "black israelites" that the best thing to do is to swarm native americans.

dear god get a grip

Just for once, can you post like a well adjusted, emotionally developed adult? Pretend if you have to.

I know you can do it.
does the fact I call the maga supporters "trash" upset you little fella?

The kids were there an hour before the natives even arrived. They approached the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back