• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Mackenzie Dern poses with the Brazilian Flag on UFC's IG

It’s because children are indoctrinated by the media, entertainment industry, and education system to hate this country from birth.

I thought it was the other way round what with the ""I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." in schools in the morning etc etc.

74.0.0.jpg

POERTB7.png

i'm triggered, cause i would love to know why not more people have called her out for this. her evolution in accent has been well documented....I just can't have respect for someone that does that...
I mean when immigrants go to the states, some americans judge them for having strong accents.
How come when the reverse happens, people get triggered?

People can immigrate to the USA and they can also emigrate somewhere else.

I thought it was the other way round what with the ""I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." in schools in the morning etc etc.

No. If they even still do the pledge, it isn't mandatory. The brain-washing and politically biased history lessons are.

It’s because children are indoctrinated by the media, entertainment industry, and education system to hate this country from birth.
And entitled as fuck too. I would love to see these “protesters”( looters and savages not pacific protesters) moving to the third world shitholes their parents/grandparents came from and giving up dat good ole welfware, foodstamps and housing aid from the “ evil” empire they live under. lol.

Last edited:
I see the same thing with a lot of the guys I grew up with and went to high school with on the S. Side of San Antonio. They hit their 30s, moved to the outskirts of town, got a truck with a lift kit, grew a beard and now all of a sudden they act like they have been all american country boys their whole life

Just ask Werdum's opinion on it. Wonder if he has the same opinion that he had with Cain and his Mexican heritage (he probably does).

Her dad is Brazilian and she’s spent extensive time in Brazil. It’s not any different than Jorge wearing Cuba trunks. Or countless others.

I don’t understand the obsession.
Jorge is from Miami, which might as well be apart of Cuba. Dern is from Arizona and lives in California. She probably hears just as much Spanish being spoken around her as Jorge.

I mean when immigrants go to the states, some americans judge them for having strong accents.
How come when the reverse happens, people get triggered?

People can immigrate to the USA and they can also emigrate somewhere else.

her accent completely changed in a 5 year period...she was raised and went to school in america...that means, she took english classes in america...did homework etc....graduated from an american high school...yet, after 5 years, she speaks broken english? haha you see that all the time with brazilian fighters...but they've been speaking their language all their life and just learned a little english, but sound just like dern does.

There’s a joke in there somewhere about her posing with my flagpole

I'm Brazilian and this is hilarious.

Do people get TRIGGERED by things like this?

it doesn't keep me up at night...but, it kinda aggrivates me that someone chooses and fakes to speak in an accent, when it's not real...she's a fake...

ok come let’s concede the accent argument And say you guys are correct

are you saying that it’s plausible to struggle to speak English like she did in the post fight interview yesterday because she lived in Brazil for 2 years ?

note that she was born and educated in the USA and spoke perfect English (watch video) and is currently living in the USA where I would presume she speaks English daily unless she somehow found some exclusively Brazilian part of Arizona

@Ares Black
She speaks primarily Portuguese. Why does it wind you up so much?

It's the weirdest thing on sherdog right now. So many guys are invested in this narrative when just a basic acceptance of the reality of being bilingual.

it doesn't keep me up at night...but, it kinda aggrivates me that someone chooses and fakes to speak in an accent, when it's not real...she's a fake...

Dude, I've lived in Portugal for a year and my accent changed a bit (temporarily).

I don't find it hard to believe that the way she talks can change a bit depending on how she lives.

Sherdog White Knights out in full force
images

Dude, I've lived in Portugal for a year and my accent changed a bit (temporarily).

I don't find it hard to believe that the way she talks can change a bit depending on how she lives.

but you don't forget how to speak the language you literally went to school speaking. you do realize many people speak multiple languages fluently...and they don't "forget" how to speak their language. she speaks broken english, like someone just learned english.

She's an odd one for sure...

She is Of Brazilian descent,

Do we have a bunch of women around here? You people really harp on TMZ level BS..

Back