Machida toyed with Mousasi

If you look at the fight metrics strictly you'd think Mousasi won

That’s because fight metric treat every non-jab as being equal.

Those are supposed to add context to observations, not serve as an absolute measure of what happened.

ya he did.

was dumb to accept that fight against Machida. he was just done recovering from injuries and didn't have his timing back yet. the one thing you really want when fighting Machida.

Machida owned him that bout.

You guys really confuse what added muscle mass looks like and just getting really lean. I don't see cannonball delts or huge traps.

Guess people forgot he had just recently moved down from lhw to mw and was now starting to diet/cut more weight.

Jesus Juice

tumblr_lra413saPX1qedb29o1_500.gif

Please- what fight were you watching?
Moose outstruck him 66-37 in a close fight where ,imho, machida,pulled it out in fifth and he pretty much was backpedaling most of fight from mousasi....gegard also coming off acl- tears and first fight back at 185 in quite sometime.Also - machida was caught cheating or something on top.

Go back and watch fight with mute button so you dont have to hear stann (or who ever) yell " machida just exploded on Gegard multiple times- it happened twice and Gegard walked through it like eating a flapkack)
You obviously didn't actually watch that fight, and pulled up statistics from fightmetric. Over half the strikes landed by moose were jabs, and the rest pitter patter shit. Machida fucked him up every time he landed.

grow old, dont we all..? even dragons do.

still, deus ex machida.

You obviously didn't actually watch that fight, and pulled up statistics from fightmetric. Over half the strikes landed by moose were jabs, and the rest pitter patter shit. Machida fucked him up every time he landed.

Exactly.

Machida didn't " fuck him up at all". Yes ,he won the significant strike battle like I've already said over God knows how many posts- hence he won the fight.Machida hit Mousasi with 2 huge blows, both Gegard ate like pancakes and as usual (except last fight) at fights end - Gegard didn't look much like he was in a fight so how badly did he "fuck him up". The fight was a close and technical fight (cheata- also did ALOT of backpedaling).I had it 48-47 or 49-47 at best for machida(1st round was 10-10 or mousasi- nobody did anything so I'll go by strikes being that the entire 5 minutes was on feet).
Gegard took that fight off acl- tears and 1st fight back at 185 in quite sometime.Its my opinion he takes just 1 or 2 fights first instead of a title implicated fight (which machida got off that win)----- he beats machida (and that's my opinion from watching that fight).We all know now he destroys Lyoto (which isn't saying much) but he would've beaten him in the past few years as well but thats my opinion...

I'm not completely sure but from my memory , Lyoto looked worse for wear than Gegard did so how " badly did he fuck him up-lol" and how useless were mousasi s " jabs and pitter-patter punches".

Maybe, you re the one that didn't watch fight or just listened to the biased commentary of fight.

Last edited:
I feel Lyoto's strikes were all clean while Gegard's looked messy and amatuerish.

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_8.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_3.gif

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_4.gif
[/QUOTE]
Machida didn't " fuck him up at all". Yes ,he won the significant strike battle like I've already said over God knows how many posts- hence he won the fight.Machida hit Mousasi with 2 huge blows, both Gegard ate like pancakes and as usual (except last fight) at fights end - Gegard didn't look much like he was in a fight so how badly did he "fuck him up". The fight was a close and technical fight (cheata- also did ALOT of backpedaling).I had it 48-47 or 49-47 at best for machida(1st round was 10-10 or mousasi- nobody did anything so I'll go by strikes being that the entire 5 minutes was on feet).
Gegard took that fight off acl- tears and 1st fight back at 185 in quite sometime.Its my opinion he takes just 1 or 2 fights first instead of a title implicated fight (which machida got off that win)----- he beats machida (and that's my opinion from watching that fight).We all know now he destroys Lyoto (which isn't saying much) but he would've beaten him in the past few years as well but thats my opinion...

I'm not completely sure but from my memory , Lyoto looked worse for wear than Gegard did so how " badly did he fuck him up-lol" and how useless were mousasi s " jabs and pitter-patter punches".

Maybe, you re the one that didn't watch fight or just listened to the biased commentary of fight.

Back