Machida in the press conference!

Iraq

Black belt in spinning shit
@White
Reaction score
They keep asking Machida if his fight with Weidman is a revenge for Anderson Silva!?
WTF!??!??!?
Machida is a fucking world class martial artist why do he need to revenge someone!!??
poor media :mad:

They keep asking Machida if his fight with Weidman is a revenge for Anderson Silva!?
WTF!??!??!?
Machida is a fucking world class martial artist why do he need to revenge someone!!??
poor media :mad:

Probably just because the Brazilians are known to be pretty nationalistic.
They are/were training partners after all. The press is most likely trying to create a story line

If Machida said he was coming for revenge for Andy and was going to KO Weidman, interest in the fight would be 10x what it is right now.

FACT.

Yeah that will help sell a few more PPVs
Silva lovers have naturally become Weidman haters (most, not all)
Weidman haters like the "revenge" angle
$$

$$
I do love AS but I do not hate Weidman. I think Machida is capable of getting the belt like i thought Weidman was, but seriously I never saw Weidman KTFO AS

$$

I would make the argument that most Silva haters have become Weidman lovers. I was an AS fan and I don't hate Weidman, but I don't think he's a superhuman either. If he manages to beat Machida I will be both surprised and incredibly impressed.

I would make the argument that most Silva haters have become Weidman lovers. I was an AS fan and I don't hate Weidman, but I don't think he's a superhuman either. If he manages to beat Machida I will be both surprised and incredibly impressed.
Weidman beating Machida would be more superhuman than anything Silva has done (outside of beating Hendo). Finishing Silva x 2, and Machida not only puts you in superhuman status but earns GOAT consideration.

Good for Machida not needing to pull that Chael Sonnen WWE bs. Also fuck all the dumbasses who say he should start talking shit just to "generate more interest". If 2 men are good at fighting people will watch plain and simple.

Why do you guys want to encourage guys to be fake? I'd rather have some authenticity.

Because authenticity is boring as fuck. Or haven't you noticed?? The sport needs more fighters playing up the backstory aspect. It makes fights more interesting for the average viewer.

Because authenticity is boring as fuck. Or haven't you noticed?? The sport needs more fighters playing up the backstory aspect. It makes fights more interesting for the average viewer.

What are you, 12? Also, I couldn't give a shit less what the average viewer finds interesting. I'm tired of the fake feuds and phony backstory.

Good for Machida not needing to pull that Chael Sonnen WWE bs. Also fuck all the dumbasses who say he should start talking shit just to "generate more interest". If 2 men are good at fighting people will watch plain and simple.

If it was that simple, a super fight between Bar

What are you, 12? Also, I couldn't give a shit less what the average viewer finds interesting. I'm tired of the fake feuds and phony backstory.

Yea, I'm 12 fucking years old and I still know that grudge matches are interesting.

The UFC needs more fighters like Chael Sonnen. Fake feuds can be entertaining as hell.

Yea I guess you haven't been paying attention to the ppv rates. Interests is waning and the UFC needs to spice things up somehow.

I wouldn't mind a backstory if there is one, but would strongly disagree with a fake one. It reduces fighters to goods manufacturers re-brand to boost sales - which they aren't. To my mind, fighters who reject the cookie cutter deserve more respect than the ones who toe the corporate profit plan.

Machida is going to get revenge with his actions not his words! Its all a lie, just wait and see!!!

Back