Mac Foster...

Emporio Alnino

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Thoughts on him? Where does he stack up as far as all-time HW punchers goes?

Other than reading that he knocked Liston out cold and Holmes saying he thought he'd beat a prime Tyson, I never see/hear much about him.

Big Mac was alright.

Not quite worth all the hype he recieved when coming out east for the first time to face Quarry obviously, but he was a decent boxer, although a little ponderous and somewhat slow in his punching delivery from what I seen. His very good punching power probably made him a good heavyweight overall, I think.

He was hyped up quite a bit though, in the months before facing Quarry at MSG, and he had a title fight with Frazier just about all ready to go if only he had defeated Quarry. Him and Frazier did lots of public relations work togther, and even some bad mouthing at times, and heck, there were even a lot of people that thought he could've beaten Frazier in what was going to be a fairly big and well publicized heavyweight title fight for some pretty big money at the time.

Things some expected of him didn't materialize for Foster, but hey, what can you do?

Oh, and he was one of the bigger punchers of his time, but if you're asking for all-time you'd probably have to take that list quite deep...Kid did an extended list in the past of the hardest punchers, so that might be where you want to look if it's still on the site, as I'm sure Foster got a mention on it somewhere.

Thoughts on him? Where does he stack up as far as all-time HW punchers goes?

Other than reading that he knocked Liston out cold and Holmes saying he thought he'd beat a prime Tyson, I never see/hear much about him.

Don't remember Mac knocking Liston cold......You sure you aren't thinking of Leotis Martin ?

Back