Movies M Knight Shyamalan vs Wes Craven

Better Filmography

• Shyamalan

• Craven

Results are only viewable after voting.
M Night has higher highs and lower lows

For all his handful of truly terrible shit movies, M. Night also has a few bona fide masterpieces that stand the test of time. Gotta go with him over Wes, who while very talented hasn’t reached that level of perfection.

Word around the campfire is that he ripped off The Sixth Sense from The Others script. It was shopped to a bunch of studios before it finally was made and released after The Sixth Sense.

I don’t buy it. Love THE OTHERS, kind of an underrated movie; but the two don’t really have much in common besides the twist, & that twist isn’t original to them anyway. It goes back a zillion years in tv shows, literature, etc.

The People under the stairs is a classic. Loved that film as a kid

I don’t buy it. Love THE OTHERS, kind of an underrated movie; but the two don’t really have much in common besides the twist, & that twist isn’t original to them anyway. It goes back a zillion years in tv shows, literature, etc.
I read about it on IMDb forums (RIP) back in the day. It was actually a fairly compelling case which included the script dates, and which studio M Night was working at. All of this info has been lost now at least to the easily accessible net.

Craven via Hellraiser(s)
Hellraiser-poster-673x1024.jpg

hellraiser-ii-e1545591703690.jpg

I read about it on IMDb forums (RIP) back in the day. It was actually a fairly compelling case which included the script dates, and which studio M Night was working at. All of this info has been lost now at least to the easily accessible net.

Good news for ya then: When the IMDB scum announced they were going to wipe their entire forum, some cool mofos cloned the entire thing onto their own website, which means every post that was ever made is preserved on there, as well as the forum itself still going on fully active. A lot of people just never heard about it: www.moviechat.org

Reactions: JSN
Good news for ya then: When the IMDB scum announced they were going to wipe their entire forum, some cool mofos cloned the entire thing onto their own website, which means every post that was ever made is preserved on there, as well as the forum itself still going on fully active. A lot of people just never heard about it: www.moviechat.org
Interesting. Goodbye, Sherdog!

Jk not enough good movies made anymore to make this my #1.

Interesting. Goodbye, Sherdog!

Jk not enough good movies made anymore to make this my #1.

Another way of putting it:

The IMDB forum has actually been… ALIVE THIS WHOLE TIME

<TheWire1>

f1a0fc12-821e-4578-a439-2fa8023ee709.jpg

Reactions: JSN
M Night was a one hit wonder. Unbreakable and split were great too but he’s put too much emphasis in the “plot twist” that it has ruined almost every other movie he has made. And if you’ve seen OLD you know he’s fully jumped the shark now.

What happened in OLD?

What happened in OLD?

I actually liked OLD, so if you have any interest you might want to check it out without spoilers

And I say this as someone who fucking hated his previous film GLASS

Back