3. New Nightmare
4. The People Under the Stairs
5. The Hills Have Eyes
6. The Serpent and the Rainbow
7. Shocker
8. Music of the Heart
9. Red Eye
10. Scream 2

I really like Serpant and the Rainbow, but I'm going with the other goons. Thanks.

unbreakable and sixth sense vs scream and scream 2

ill go shaymalan

M Night was a one hit wonder. Unbreakable and split were great too but he’s put too much emphasis in the “plot twist” that it has ruined almost every other movie he has made. And if you’ve seen OLD you know he’s fully jumped the shark now.

Craven.

6th sense is the only good shamalamadingdong movie.

I'll go with Wes by quite bit...

Also Old was ridiculously stupid. Just wtf all over that flik lol...

It's pretty competitive actually. It's one of those situations too where if you look at who had the lower lows, it's quite obviously Night. Craven was a damn solid filmmaker and far more consistent. But if you look at just overall career and achievement, I think Shyamlan has an argument here.

At least for me, the 1-2-3 punch of Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable is very, very good. Look, I'm a big horror movie guy. Nightmare on Elm Street is rightly an iconic movie. It's a great horror movie. It's a good movie. But is it on the level of the Sixth Sense? I think it would be tough to make that argument.

I guess the thing that always stands out for me when you assess these filmmakers' careers in these types of forum matchups (and, look, respect to all of these guys, as being a person at the helm of motion pictures on that level is assuredly insanely difficult and complicated) is how much you concentrate on their best work and how readily you discount their missteps in the overall assessment.

It's like Coppola right. If you were to line up Coppola's work with Scorsese and Spielberg, let's say, he could obviously, when looking at the best features of all of their canons, stack up against them, no problem. Everything he made in the 70s was gold- Godfather, Godfather Part II, The Conversation, Apocalypse Now. Four classics. But then you look at what he's done post say 1990 or, better yet, post-1992.

So I guess if I'm looking at overall consistency of quality in the career, Craven probably takes it. But if I'm looking at the best work at the tops of their filmographies, I'd go M. Night.

Craven by a landslide. Last House on the Left, Elm St pt 1 and Scream 1 all better than anything M Nite has ever done

The Happening might be the worst movie I ever seen that got a theater release.

That movie was so bad.. All I really remember is the people had to walk backwards to stop The Happening from happening to them.. And I'm not even sure that was in the movie

8. Happening
9. After earth
10. Last Airbender
jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif

At forst I thought this was close, but Wes pulls through when I put my memory hat on.

Both aren't that bad in my opinion, they have misses but also some good films under their belt. Not great, not bad just decent overall.

Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Split, Glass and Village vs Scream, Scream 2, New Nightmare, Nightmare on elm street and serpent and rainbow?

I'll go M Night because sixth sense is my favorite out the bunch.

Wes by a country mile. What has Shamalamadingdong made since the Sixth Sense?

The Last House on the Left...... The Hills have Eyes........ A Nightmare on Elm Street. Horror pioneer Wes wins hands down.

The hills have eyes are good movies but the rape scenes are way to much for me to handle.

M Night was a one hit wonder. Unbreakable and split were great too but he’s put too much emphasis in the “plot twist” that it has ruined almost every other movie he has made. And if you’ve seen OLD you know he’s fully jumped the shark now.
Word around the campfire is that he ripped off The Sixth Sense from The Others script. It was shopped to a bunch of studios before it finally was made and released after The Sixth Sense.

Back