LUTA LIVRE! the 'dirty grappling' of no-gi...

Daihlo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Had the pleasure of working with Luta Livre Champion and coach to a number of UFC fighters - Marcelo Brigadeiro a number of years ago, filmed an 8 part series of full length instruction vids...

Some really interesting techniques, variations on more common submissions, along with a lot of techniques that might get classed as 'dirty grappling' under certain rules... very good for MMA though and general no-gi fighting.

Just got the series back online so making them available for free
First 2 episodes, each approx 40-45mins long are currently online now on the following link.
The rest being added soon :)
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think?

http://martialarts.world/luta-livre-marcelo-brigadeiro/

Thank´s, I attended to a seminar by one of Tadeu or Marcio Cromado´s students and really liked it, sadly here didn´t get popular as most people need to have a BJJ belt to feel legit.

Should have another to upload this weekend...

Just figured I'd put one on here to. Wasnt filmed with as good if quality as those tho. But I like this technique

This thread should be stickied for the official Luta Livre thread on here lol

This thread should be stickied for the official Luta Livre thread on here lol

That would be nice!
I have a few more full length episodes to add from this series, plus a load of other instruction vids from other top instructors!
Looking to film more next year once I finish uploading all the footage I already have sitting here, some great stuff that you don't see that often in other vids...

That would be nice!
I have a few more full length episodes to add from this series, plus a load of other instruction vids from other top instructors!
Looking to film more next year once I finish uploading all the footage I already have sitting here, some great stuff that you don't see that often in other vids...
So do you train with this guy all the time, is he your main coach?

So do you train with this guy all the time, is he your main coach?

Niether, I used to produce instruction videos years ago under the banner of CageFilm - now closed.
Brigadeiro was teaching at Team Kaobon in Liverpool UK at the time, produced a number of UFC fighters and was representing Luta Livre within the UK.
He now is based back in Brazil.

Im looking at re-booting the video production and working on setting up new instruction series with new instructors, possibly with Brigadeiro again.
All will be hosted on the site martialarts.world from here on.

Decided to release all the old footage I have sitting on hard drives for free to build a following on the site, see if there is enough interest to justify filming new content in 2019...

I thought you must be the cagefilm guy, awesome stuff and I was disappointed when it disappeared. Can't wait to check them out again. I'm an RFT blue belt but have not been able to continue training as it is too expensive getting someone to Australia. Would still love to continue learning and graduating through the system one day.

Have a few more vids with Brigadeiro to upload, he's not as well known as some of the instructors I have worked with, but made some excellent videos with him...
Will be posting more soon!

Shoutouts to your work on previous cagefilm stuff. Loved it. Will check this out too.

Just saw this seminar posting. Heading back East for the holidays so will try and make it.

Leozino Nogueira will be doing a No Gi Luta Livre Seminar in New York City on Sunday, December 2nd from 1-4pm cost: $70

Seminar will be held at Ultimate Gym

5 West 30th Street(5th Ave)

4th Floor NYC

Contact ultimate gym for further details 212 725-4666

46751203_2452410404775135_5103881535312887808_o.jpg

Isnt luta livre just catch wrestling? Or varaition of it ? And if its not. How different is it?

Last edited:
Back