Lunges + leg press

Its better than nothing, but you can't replace squats.

Nothing wrong with them, but they don't replace the squat. Do all 3 if you want

About as much as french fries are a variation of potatoes...Yes but no. Other than deadlifts, I would say squatting is one of the best lifts that everyone should do.

Variations of squats usually involve squatting...what a surprise.

For example: Low bar squats, high bar squats, front squats, zercher squats, box squats, squats off pins, pause squats, overhead squats, safety squats bar squats, cambered bar squats, squats against bands, reverse band squats, squats with chains, good morning squats...have you noticed a pattern...

gtfo.jpg

I am scared of starting squats again because of an old injury.. I do deadlifts, bench presses.. all the good ones, but every time I think about squating I just get nervous and think about me being injured again.

I didnt get injured by doing squats obviously, but still

I am scared of starting squats again because of an old injury.. I do deadlifts, bench presses.. all the good ones, but every time I think about squating I just get nervous and think about me being injured again.

gtfo.jpg

Good boy. Start low, go slow and keep them injuries in check. Squatting properly should not injure you. Good luck, and have fun!

i was always intimidated by squats and gave myself excues not to do them. be it, my knees or back hurts today, back is tight, or whatever other excuses i had, there was always a reason to skip it.

now it's a love-hate relationship: i hate doing them still but it's a necissary evil, as no other excercise can substitute the benefits of squating. add in deadlifts at the end, and it's icing on the cake...

Start light and make sure your form is solid. If possible, take a video and post it here for a critique or find something strong that squats correctly and get them to help you.

shutupsquatblack1.gif

Back