• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lung expansion and why we haven't seen more techniques

1mic

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just watched the 24/7 cotto/canelo episode and couldn't help but think of expanding lungs and why we don't see more of it. While there is high altitude training, and breathing masks, how about incorporating under water resistance + breathing through a smaller holed snorkel?

Thinking about the science and really wish I had a pool to test out my theory. Do 3 running sessions of my fastest timed 2-3 miles and then try under water training for 3 weeks and attempt those 2-3 miles again.

Anyone ever wonder if swimmers would make good boxers? I know, I'm off on another tanget! I put in 10 hours of OT at work and now I'm fucking restless. :eek:

I learned in class that your lungs don't really expand past a certain point. Instead through exercise and cardio you increase the amount of oxygen the alveoli can intake.

I learned in class that your lungs don't really expand past a certain point. Instead through exercise and cardio you increase the amount of oxygen the alveoli can intake.

Can anyone with knowledge confirm that "cardio" is generic trait , I swear during pt there were some chubby guys who didn't seem to tire ( visibly) I always had to dig deep to keep in the front pack and end in the front.

I always had to train extra hard while these chubby looking guys seemed to not even try at times yet still not tire

On the topic, I always wondered if Ariza was bullshitting when he said that Mosley's altitude training would hurt him because of all the extra red blood cells clogging pathways and slowing the transfer of oxygen. I guess the literature says one way or the other but I haven't checked.

Back