Lundy vs Molina on ESPN2 Right Now

bolochung33

Blue Belt
Reaction score
is a great fight. Plenty of action later in the rounds, both guys giving their all.

Questionable stoppage but Lundy is an unprofessional asshole. He's the stupid fighter not Molina, he deserves to lose this way, glad he got dropped in the 8th

That was a quick stoppage. Great fight but bad ending.

I like Molina and Lundy. I surprised they were put against each other so soon.

A little quick, if Lundy was behind, it would be understandable, got to give him chance to survive.

Lundy dominated with movement early, but Molina changed the tide of the fight with a huge shot in the eigth and Lundy was just on his horse from then on but Molina kept after him and the refs stopped it in the 11th , you could argue it might have been a quick stoppage, but Lundy probably would have tasted the canvas the next minute or too anyways.

Got to give Lundy credit for even getting up, that punch looked devastating.

Now time to switch over to showtime and see Mike Jones, who MIKE JONES.

After the knock down Lundy was telling the ref he tripped. lol

I was losing it with Molina through many rounds....
How the hell can the guy just stand there and NOT do anything.
For large portions of rounds Molina wouldn't do squat.

Even after he dropped Lundy (a Tim Bradley type fall) he just pranced after him and did alittle pawing with his jab.

It was hard not to watch large portions of that fight and not agree with Lundy: Molina is a dumb fighter.
Molina would put in the effort to try to coral Lundy in the corner, but when he'd have him there he would just paw with his jab.

The stoppage?
I have no problem with it.
Right before that Lundy was getting hit pretty flush and was holding on to the ropes.
Molina followed that right up with the 2nd flurry in that round.... one of the hooks to the temple causing Lundy to drop his guard. Those to bits of action back to back gave the ref all of the right in the world to stop it.

Molina should've gone to the body after the knockdown.

I was losing it with Molina through many rounds....
How the hell can the guy just stand there and NOT do anything.
For large portions of rounds Molina wouldn't do squat.

Even after he dropped Lundy (a Tim Bradley type fall) he just pranced after him and did alittle pawing with his jab.

It was hard not to watch large portions of that fight and not agree with Lundy: Molina is a dumb fighter.
Molina would put in the effort to try to coral Lundy in the corner, but when he'd have him there he would just paw with his jab.

I agree - Molina at this point in his career is a complete meathead IMO. Has shit for a jab - and completely freezes when his opponent throws. If he would learn to add a legit jab to his toolbox, learn to throw when his opponent does, and go to the body he might have something - but so far, I'm not too impressed.

The stoppage?
I have no problem with it.
Right before that Lundy was getting hit pretty flush and was holding on to the ropes.
Molina followed that right up with the 2nd flurry in that round.... one of the hooks to the temple causing Lundy to drop his guard. Those to bits of action back to back gave the ref all of the right in the world to stop it.

I thought the stoppage was a little quick perhaps - but don't think it would have made a difference. Lundy was on the way out regardless. Molina gets another win by being the bigger man - and having a head full of rocks.

Lundy's around the back punch was funny. It was a shame to see Molina get lit up so often during the first 6ish rounds and cover up, looking like he'd never been hit before in his entire life. I think it was even more of a shame when Molina cut of the ring and had Lundy against the ropes and proceeded to throw 4 punch combos at his earmuffs, almost entirely ignoring the body. Granted, his tactic finally worked in the end, he was able to wear down Lundy's guard and finally find him, but I would've loved to have seen more bodywork...and a jab.

great drama, the story was epic and timeless: will the faster, scientific boxer outbox the stronger, tougher brawler? it is one of the best things about the sport, and last night, the boxer couldn't do it.

I agree - Molina at this point in his career is a complete meathead IMO. Has shit for a jab - and completely freezes when his opponent throws. If he would learn to add a legit jab to his toolbox, learn to throw when his opponent does, and go to the body he might have something - but so far, I'm not too impressed.

I thought the stoppage was a little quick perhaps - but don't think it would have made a difference. Lundy was on the way out regardless. Molina gets another win by being the bigger man - and having a head full of rocks.

Good points, TongPo.

Completely agree about that jab of his. Why even throw it if it's going to look like that. Slow and pawing.... good way to set yourself to get countered by an over hand right by a more competent boxer.

Molina was pissing me off for a large portion of that fight, Does he even know how to jab?! I would expect at least a jab from someone working with a better trainer like Gossen. Goddamn, That was infuriating watching him paw and eat punches.

His chin is there, his power is there, and from the looks of it, his heart as well. He needs a jab and he needs to be smart in the ring; if he can add in those two details he would be 100 times better to watch. I'm not saying he's bad to watch, He just needs a lot of improvement.

Lundy on the other hand, He fought great but he got stupid. I have always said I was never impressed with him and he gets too cocky for his own good and it showed. I don't mind a little cockiness, I welcome it actually, But when he was questioning the guys put in the ring top ten (Anyone of them would tear him up) then all the antics; I wanted to see him put down. I loved it.

The stoppage was just I believe, He didn't complain so It wasn't bad to him either. He was holding the ropes and getting cracked with left hooks and one of them made his guard drop, He was ready to go soon and Molina wasn't slowing. It could have only ended badly after that.

That was a good fight until the bullshit stoppage.

He got wobbled a bit, but most of Molina's shot were partially blocked, and its not like he was against the ropes for too long. 10 more seconds would have been nice, he wasn't in TOO much danger. Dude has been rocked worse than that in sparring.

Could you imagine if a championship fight got stopped on something like that? If it was Juan Ma Lopez on that end of a stoppage (or anybody similar) yall would be flipping out about that shit.

A punch landed that made Lundy momentarily drop his gloves.

Right before that he was getting hit clean while he was holding on to the ropes.

Back